You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Patton_Master

MM needs to be reworked

48 comments in this topic

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles

In my oppinion the matchmaking has to be redone. I mean how can it be that there are so many bad players for instance in T8 T9 and T10 random games . Does this make sense. And i mean bad because of lack in experience. Players with 500, 100 games played and winrates of 42 or 43 %. Players that are not able to read the map and make a decision from that for instance. Wouldnt it be nice if players have to reach a certain level of experience (WR, average damage and so on) before they can enter random games? I think yes. I think this would improve quality of gameplay a lot.

Edited by Jahpero
Title of the thread edited (full caps)
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 12
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles

I'll save everyone else the bother of checking - he's saying that with 40-45% winrates in his own T10s. So nothing to see here, move along... :fish_sleep:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 12
  • Bad 1

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
356 posts
10,323 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

I'll save everyone else the bother of checking - he's saying that with 40-45% winrates in his own T10s. So nothing to see here, move along... :fish_sleep:

He has those low winrates BECAUSE OF BAD TEAMS cant you understand that? :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 14
  • Bad 1

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles
5 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I'll save everyone else the bother of checking - he's saying that with 40-45% winrates in his own T10s. So nothing to see here, move along...

smart aleck
  • Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
788 posts
7,648 battles
3 minutes ago, Patton_Master said:

smart aleck

Well, hes right, youre one of those youre "fighting against". Farming win rate on low tier ships only goes so far.

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
17 minutes ago, Patton_Master said:

In my oppinion the matchmaking has to be redone. I mean how can it be that there are so many bad players for instance in T8 T9 and T10 random games . Does this make sense. And i mean bad because of lack in experience. Players with 500, 100 games played and winrates of 42 or 43 %. Players that are not able to read the map and make a decision from that for instance. Wouldnt it be nice if players have to reach a certain level of experience (WR, average damage and so on) before they can enter random games? I think yes. I think this would improve quality of gameplay a lot.

WG will not forbid players to advance. That would be the end of the game.

Even if they made it harder, bad players would still advance, it would just take longer.

• Cool 2

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

WG will not forbid players to advance. That would be the end of the game.

Even if they made it harder, bad players would still advance, it would just take longer. 

I just said that players should reach a certain level before they can enter random. Let them play pvp to get experience and then they can play random.

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
18 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Quite obvious 8k games with low WR is better than 500 games with low WR :fish_boom:

• Funny 2

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles

Ah forget it. Its useless to lead a constructive discussion with people who are self-assertive. And obviously there are many here. Have a nice day.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Players
455 posts
1,635 battles
23 minutes ago, Patton_Master said:

Let them play pvp to get experience and then they can play random.

Assuming you mean PvE here (as PvP is Randoms), and speaking from personal experience having played a lot of PvE when new, I'm not sure that forcing people to play more co-op is an effective way of improving player skill in Randoms. I say this because Co-op rewards yoloing, which is not conducive to good play in Randoms.

It might allow people to get to grips with some mechanics (spotting, consumables, aiming, etc.) in a low-pressure environment, but that's such a small proportion of what is needed to play well in Randoms, and should be possible to learn quite quickly. Any of the higher-order skills basically need to be learned by doing them in PvP.

Just my 2c.

• Cool 2

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles
2 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Assuming you mean PvE here (as PvP is Randoms), and speaking from personal experience having played a lot of PvE when new, I'm not sure that forcing people to play more co-op is an effective way of improving player skill in Randoms. I say this because Co-op rewards yoloing, which is not conducive to good play in Randoms.

It might allow people to get to grips with some mechanics (spotting, consumables, aiming, etc.) in a low-pressure environment, but that's such a small proportion of what is needed to play well in Randoms, and should be possible to learn quite quickly. Any of the higher-order skills basically need to be learned by doing them in PvP.

sorry my fault. maybe your right.

Players
3,877 posts
6,022 battles
14 minutes ago, Patton_Master said:

Ah forget it. Its useless to lead a constructive discussion with people who are self-assertive. And obviously there are many here. Have a nice day.

You want constructive? ok here we go. You want to use Winrate as a meassurement to shut out players from high tiers. Alright. so we shut out everyone south of 45%. What do you think will happen to the players, that have had 46~48% up until then? They keep playing, lose more and will - big surprise - go below 45% WR over time. So np, we shut them out aswell. But then, the players, that used to have 50% WR, have dropped below 45%, because there are no bad players around anymore, compared to them. But its np - we just kick them too. Now we have pushed down the players, that have had originaly a WR of 51 to 53%, to the end of the foodchain, so they reach <45% WR. BANHAMMER !!

Do I need to continue or do you understand how flawed your argumentation is from the start?

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
28 minutes ago, Patton_Master said:

I just said that players should reach a certain level before they can enter random. Let them play pvp to get experience and then they can play random.

We already have that in game.

Even if you increased the number of battles necessary to advance, it would not change a thing.

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

lol

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
1 hour ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

He has those low winrates BECAUSE OF BAD TEAMS cant you understand that? :cap_popcorn:

And that's SO childish to say! I'm nuancing that a lot. Only my lost matches are my team's fault!!!

• Funny 5

[HOME]
Players
788 posts
7,648 battles
Just now, Ferry_25 said:

And that's SO childish to say! I'm nuancing that a lot. Only my lost matches are my team's fault!!!

Well, all the wins are your own achievement, of course. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles
4 hours ago, Patton_Master said:

Let them play pvp to get experience and then they can play random.

:Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 2

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles

kFMaA1r.png

lel 8 radars on my team

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Magic 8-ball tells me: your team lost!

How did you know

Players
3,877 posts
6,022 battles
10 hours ago, domen3 said:

How did you know

*edited*  

Edited by Jahpero
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to flaming.
  • Funny 1