You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Aircraft Carriers: Ship Replacement Rules - Discussion Thread

166 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
87 posts
2,981 battles
9 minutes ago, panos_abarth said:

SHELL ALL MY CARRIERS NO THANKS NO PLAY THIS crap

Its not like you have much experience with playing CVs, do you really feel this comment was necessary? 

I'm looking forward to test the new CV gameplay on live servers and hope that WG will closely monitor their balance.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 6

[WGB]
Players
2,062 posts
26,053 battles

@MrConway @The_EURL_Guy If I sold my Saipan (Which I won't) all the Commander XP and Ship XP goes to the Tier I Erie, Is this a typo, why not to Elite XP or FXP?

[ARYA]
Players
427 posts
8,778 battles

@MrConwayWhat about some captains that need to change their skills according to new cv rework?

i'm not using AFT or BFT on my Zao but after this update i will need to change my build !

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
3,364 battles

Wich nation to choose is a rare question. Where are the Britisch carriers. They killed the Italian navy with old Swordfish planes and stopped the Bismarck. There is an German carrier but no Britisch very strange.

• Cool 4

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
11 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

@MrConwayWhat about some captains that need to change their skills according to new cv rework?

i'm not using AFT or BFT on my Zao but after this update i will need to change my build !

Please read the article carefully! :)

• Commanders without specialization for aircraft carriers, but with any of the following skills mastered: "Dogfighting Expert", "Aircraft Servicing Expert", "Evasive Maneuver", "Expert Rear Gunner", "Emergency Takeoff", or "Air Supremacy", will have their skills reset.

In addition there will be a week-long period of free captain retraining and respeccing following the update.

14 minutes ago, iJoby said:

@MrConway @The_EURL_Guy If I sold my Saipan (Which I won't) all the Commander XP and Ship XP goes to the Tier I Erie, Is this a typo, why not to Elite XP or FXP?

This is not a typo, as the XP is not currently free it will not be freed up when selling the ship. Captains can be retrained to another ship for free in the week following the update if you want to avoid this.

• Cool 3

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
14 minutes ago, Droopyy said:

Wich nation to choose is a rare question. Where are the Britisch carriers. They killed the Italian navy with old Swordfish planes and stopped the Bismarck. There is an German carrier but no Britisch very strange.

Coming with the next update! :crab:

• Cool 2

Players
86 posts
1,790 battles
When a Premium carrier is converted, players’ accounts will be credited for the cost of the carrier in doubloons.
Premium carriers will be converted at the following cost:
Saipan: 9,500 doubloons
Enterprise: 14,000 doubloons
Kaga: 9,700 doubloons
Graf Zeppelin: 13,700 doubloons

Most of this ship were never sold for doubloons, so some of us would expect that u give us a possibility to buy another ship that isnt possible to buy for doubloons.
For example someone bought Kaga for euro (impossible to buy for doubloons), now he gives Kaga back and wants to use this money to buy Vanguard (also impossible to buy for doubloons)

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester
299 posts
9,279 battles
14 minutes ago, Droopyy said:

German carrier but no Britisch very strange.

Ther's an Pan Asian line and not an italian one, so historical relevance is not the first criteria

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[-GG-]
Players
166 posts
10,929 battles
17 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Please read the article carefully! :)

In addition there will be a week-long period of free captain retraining and respeccing following the update.

This is not a typo, as the XP is not currently free it will not be freed up when selling the ship. Captains can be retrained to another ship for free in the week following the update if you want to avoid this.

Commanders without specialization for aircraft carriers, but with any of the following skills mastered: "Dogfighting Expert", "Aircraft Servicing Expert", "Evasive Maneuver", "Expert Rear Gunner", "Emergency Takeoff", or "Air Supremacy", will have their skills reset.

Sorry MrConway, but this is misleading.

You mean free skill reset is for those NON-CV commanders who have eg. emergency takeoff skill ??? Who would run eg. a Yamato with emergency takeoff ???

Beta Tester
16 posts
6,586 battles

There seems to be an error in the announcement: The T6 to T8 Jump for USN recompensates the same ammount of free XP as does T8 to T10 (44.000 in both cases), while on the IJN end the T8 to T10 Jump is compensated for with 140.000 free XP. I imagine the number for USN should be around the same ballpark.

[NOOBZ]
Players
7 posts
2,192 battles

I have only one question, because its not crystal clear right now. I have the essex researched, but not bought. Also, I have the lexington currently in my port. If I would like to reset ALL my progress would it give me exactly the same amount of freexp as i have invested in the whole line, which is exactly 572600xp, and full credit return for the lexington, or does it work a different way?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
24 minutes ago, radius77 said:

Commanders without specialization for aircraft carriers, but with any of the following skills mastered: "Dogfighting Expert", "Aircraft Servicing Expert", "Evasive Maneuver", "Expert Rear Gunner", "Emergency Takeoff", or "Air Supremacy", will have their skills reset.

Sorry MrConway, but this is misleading.

You mean free skill reset is for those NON-CV commanders who have eg. emergency takeoff skill ??? Who would run eg. a Yamato with emergency takeoff ???

So, any captain with the mentioned skills will be reset by us automatically with the update. BUT there is a week (until Feb 8th) of free retraining and respeccing for all captains following the update in addition.

3 minutes ago, DrDrKaputt said:

There seems to be an error in the announcement: The T6 to T8 Jump for USN recompensates the same ammount of free XP as does T8 to T10 (44.000 in both cases), while on the IJN end the T8 to T10 Jump is compensated for with 140.000 free XP. I imagine the number for USN should be around the same ballpark.

Thanks, fixing it now.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
3 minutes ago, tankret03 said:

I have only one question, because its not crystal clear right now. I have the essex researched, but not bought. Also, I have the lexington currently in my port. If I would like to reset ALL my progress would it give me exactly the same amount of freexp as i have invested in the whole line, which is exactly 572600xp, and full credit return for the lexington, or does it work a different way?

If you sell and "unresearch" the entire line, you should get back all of the XP formerly spent.

• Cool 1

[NOOBZ]
Players
7 posts
2,192 battles
Just now, MrConway said:

If you sell and "unresearch" the entire line, you should get back all of the XP formerly spent.

Thanks, good to know :D

[DEKMA]
Players
1 post
6,044 battles

so the xp on uneven CV's goes to the CV that is 1 tier lower...the one you grinded to fully research to get the uneven one up? how can that be usefull?

[GUNUP]
Players
6 posts
4,679 battles
1 hour ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

Aircraft carrier branches, differences between Premium and researchable aircraft carriers, and compensation rules.

Read the full article

@MrConway

@The_EURL_Guy

Hi

It seems you might have done an error when writing about the Graf Zeppelin

In the table it sais that each Dive bomber has 1 AP bomb, however, in the table you wrote that each dive bombers carries 1. Is it only 1 per aircraft or 2?

Also, why aren't we able to buy the premium CVs before 0.8.2?

Beta Tester
16 posts
6,586 battles

There is one additional thing I'd like to ask since I severly dislike the rework and am most likely to sell all the premiums CVs and refund the CVs for free XP:

Will there be more premium ships in the tech tree and freeXP ships aviable during the period from 0.8.0 to 0.8.2? The current selection is very limited and i dont like the idea of sitting on a glorious pile of almost 50k dubloons and 2 Million freeXP with nothing worthwhile to spend them on.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
8 minutes ago, a_trike said:

so the xp on uneven CV's goes to the CV that is 1 tier lower...the one you grinded to fully research to get the uneven one up? how can that be usefull?

Honestly, where else would we put it? And the XP can then be used to research the next higher CV if placed on the lower one.

2 minutes ago, JackIron410 said:

Hi

It seems you might have done an error when writing about the Graf Zeppelin

In the table it sais that each Dive bomber has 1 AP bomb, however, in the table you wrote that each dive bombers carries 1. Is it only 1 per aircraft or 2?

Also, why aren't we able to buy the premium CVs before 0.8.2?

Fixed it!

As for the premium CVs: We anticipate having to make more balance changes to all CVs including premium over the next few weeks and months. We would prefer to have them finalized before selling them to prevent any disappointment at potential changes.

1 minute ago, DrDrKaputt said:

There is one additional thing I'd like to ask since I severly dislike the rework and am most likely to sell all the premiums CVs and refund the CVs for free XP:

Will there be more premium ships in the tech tree and freeXP ships aviable during the period from 0.8.0 to 0.8.2? The current selection is very limited and i dont like the idea of sitting on a glorious pile of almost 50k dubloons and 2 Million freeXP with nothing worthwhile to spend them on.

I cannot say, but there is a good chance.

• Cool 1

[GUNUP]
Players
6 posts
4,679 battles

@MrConway

Could I ask when we maybe could expect HMS Indomitable?
Will it come to the premium store together with the other premium CVs in 0.8.2? Or when th BR CVs are planned at 0.8.1?

Also, I know many are very local on their opimions about not liking this CV rework. But I will say I honestly really enjoy it. I have been playing a ton on the PTS and been having alot of fun. It feels more exciting, but still tactical. I get a real "pearl harbor" scene wibe. I am thinking you are doing a very good job so far in my opinion and I can't wait to play on the live server with these CVs.

• Bad 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
15 minutes ago, JackIron410 said:

@MrConway

Could I ask when we maybe could expect HMS Indomitable?
Will it come to the premium store together with the other premium CVs in 0.8.2? Or when th BR CVs are planned at 0.8.1?

Also, I know many are very local on their opimions about not liking this CV rework. But I will say I honestly really enjoy it. I have been playing a ton on the PTS and been having alot of fun. It feels more exciting, but still tactical. I get a real "pearl harbor" scene wibe. I am thinking you are doing a very good job so far in my opinion and I can't wait to play on the live server with these CVs.

I'm glad you're enjoying it but unfortunately I cannot say anything about HMS Indomitable yet :/

[WOWS]
[WOWS]
Players
225 posts
12,309 battles

The "stat-reset" is good! Let see how the high winrate CV players excell on the new meta...