Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Cross Realm Matchmaking for Clan Battles and Other Changes

14 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

We've finished some additional work on improving visual and technical aspects of the Cross Realm matchmaking. Soon there will be another Cross Realm testing of Clan Battles season.

Permanent camouflages for the Błyskawica DD and the Implacable CV have been added in the game.

-3% detectability range by sea;
-4% dispersion of shells fired by the enemy attacking your ship;
-10% cost of the ship’s post-battle service;
+50% XP per battle.

WG_SPB_WoWS_Render_Blyskawica_1920x1080_2.jpg

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_Supertest_0_8_1_Implacable_1920x1080.jpg

The London port has taken on a winter look.

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_Supertest_0_8_1_London_2_1920x1080.jpg

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_Supertest_0_8_1_London_1_1920x1080.jpg

The Saint Petersburg port will be decorated and a «February 23» patch has been added for the Defender of the Fatherland Day.

WG_WOWS_SPB_Screenshots_Supertest_0_8_1_SPB_1_1920x1080.jpg

23_patch.png

The location and height of the islands on the Shards map have been changed:

- The islands near the central cap are now more equivalent for both teams. Their location will allow cruisers and destroyers to effectively hold the cap after capturing one of the flanks by teammates. 
- Caps on the flanks got more Islands for cover and became easier to capture from the map center. 
- Groups of islands that were placed away from the caps, have been removed. There are two large islands in the North-Eastern and South-Western parts of the map, behind which an aircraft carrier can comfortably stay, and several medium-sized Islands on the way to the caps. These islands will help defend the direction and will be useful to ships, which cover the allies who are capturing control points.

Bulletin-076_WG_WoWS_SPb_Map_Oskolki_1920x1080px_new_2.jpg

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
8 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Is it only me or do more and more maps look like they are mirrored at the center point? Bears tha danger of making dull maps ....

• Cool 6

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,481 battles
1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

Is it only me or do more and more maps look like they are mirrored at the center point? Bears tha danger of making dull mapes ....

Agree now B cap is same at two or maybe even more maps.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,602 posts
6,879 battles

Well Shards looks a bit better now... And thank god it's not just another Land of Fire / Islands of Aids / Mountain Range / Warriors Path / whatever other identical map with slightly different lighting & colour scheme

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
14 minutes ago, MrConway said:

- The islands near the central cap are now more equivalent for both teams. Their location will allow cruisers and destroyers to effectively hold the cap after capturing one of the flanks by teammates. 
- Caps on the flanks got more Islands for cover and became easier to capture from the map center. 
- Groups of islands that were placed away from the caps, have been removed. There are two large islands in the North-Eastern and South-Western parts of the map, behind which an aircraft carrier can comfortably stay, and several medium-sized Islands on the way to the caps. These islands will help defend the direction and will be useful to ships, which cover the allies who are capturing control points.

Bulletin-076_WG_WoWS_SPb_Map_Oskolki_1920x1080px_new_2.jpg

Not sure how I feel about this change. I'd prefer it if we got some maps that aren't full of islands everywhere.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
19 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Is it only me or do more and more maps look like they are mirrored at the center point? Bears tha danger of making dull maps ....

probably has to do with Clan Battles (and KotS/other community tournaments, to the extent that they have influence) - non-symmetrical maps are an absolute beach to make truly balanced for both spawns...

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
26 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

To a certain extent that is indeed necessary, its simply very tough to make assymmetrical maps that are equally fair to both teams.

6 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

probably has to do with Clan Battles (and KotS/other community tournaments, to the extent that they have influence) - non-symmetrical maps are an absolute beach to make truly balanced for both spawns...

They have a small influence, but in competitive gameplay it is not as critical (unless there are abusable firing positions) as teams usually know the map and spawn they will play and can prepare strategies accordingly.

We do however take action when we notice that one spawn has a distinct advantage in winrate over another one, but why not see if we can summon @Mimimissile to tell us more about why this change was made :Smile_hiding:

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
4 minutes ago, MrConway said:

To a certain extent that is indeed necessary, its simply very tough to make assymmetrical maps that are equally fair to both teams.

Yeah, I can see why it's necessary ... as said it's just ... seeing different color scheme on essentially the same base layout isn't exactly thrilling.

Maybe you can try (once again) with more than 4 caps? Thinking of the (very) old Hotspot layout.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,941 posts
7,767 battles
1 hour ago, Allied_Winter said:

Maybe you can try (once again) with more than 4 caps? Thinking of the (very) old Hotspot layout.

good lord I hated cross-spawn Hotspot back in the day... thaaaaanks for bringing that up :Smile-angry:

but yeah there might be potential in exploring a few more... creative layouts again. Arms Race, with its flaws, did add additional "relevant" zones to the map, which I didnt think was bad...

• Funny 1

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
7 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

good lord I hated cross-spawn Hotspot back in the day... thaaaaanks for bringing that up :Smile-angry:

but yeah there might be potential in exploring a few more... creative layouts again. Arms Race, with its flaws, did add additional "relevant" zones to the map, which I didnt think was bad...

Different tastes man.

I did love it. Also the small channel section. Maybe that's where my love for racing games comes into play: "Oh, you want to fit your cumbersome BB through that narrow path between theses isles? Sure you can, but if you're line is off, you get stuck. And blasted to pieces."

• Cool 3

WG Team
1 post
1,924 battles

Greetings!

On 1/25/2019 at 6:18 PM, Allied_Winter said:

If you look at the current version of this map you can also see that there is kinda symmetry. Also yes, reworked map is more symmetrical now, but not mirrored ;) It helps to provide more equal opportunities for both teams, but not making the map too boring visually.

But main reason, why this map was changed - to improve gameplay for different ships. Current version has too many islands, what makes it difficult to maneuver. Also these islands are too high and wide, so if you don't have enemies on your flank - you have to make a huge detour for having possibility to shoot. And since this map is used for mid-tier battles, just imagine how boring it was sometimes to play on the Colorado D:

Reworked version got not only changes for islands location, but also a change in the heights of the islands, what should help to support your team.

• Cool 3

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
3 hours ago, Mimimissile said:

Greetings!

If you look at the current version of this map you can also see that there is kinda symmetry. Also yes, reworked map is more symmetrical now, but not mirrored ;) It helps to provide more equal opportunities for both teams, but not making the map too boring visually.

But main reason, why this map was changed - to improve gameplay for different ships. Current version has too many islands, what makes it difficult to maneuver. Also these islands are too high and wide, so if you don't have enemies on your flank - you have to make a huge detour for having possibility to shoot. And since this map is used for mid-tier battles, just imagine how boring it was sometimes to play on the Colorado D:

Reworked version got not only changes for islands location, but also a change in the heights of the islands, what should help to support your team.

Thank you for the explanation. And as said, it's a sensible change :)

Also: Congratz on your first post.

• Cool 1

Players
2,402 posts
12,090 battles
Am 26.1.2019 um 16:52, Mimimissile sagte:

My cruisers don't like it when enemy colorado is able to give support from the other side of the map. :cap_wander:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this