You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Soviet Battleships Tiers III – VII

38 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,409 posts
2,319 battles

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers but with best available modules. The stats are subject to change during the testing.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

Knyaz Suvorov, tier III

Hit points – 37900. Plating - 16 mm.
Main battery - 5x2 305 mm. Firing range - 14.6 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 4500. Chance to cause fire – 33%. Maximum AP shell damage - 8600.
Reload time - 32.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 56.2 s. Maximum dispersion - 198 м.
HE initial velocity - 762 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma – 1.70.
Maximum speed - 22 kt. Turning circle radius - 650 m. Rudder shift time – 9.7 s. Surface detectability – 11.7 km. Air detectability – 9.4 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 9.0 km.

Available consumables:
1 slot - Damage Control Party
2 slot - Repair Party

3 Soviet BB.jpg

Gangut, tier IV

Hit points – 40500. Plating - 19 mm.
Main battery - 4x3 305 mm. Firing range - 15.5 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 4500. Chance to cause fire – 33%. Maximum AP shell damage - 8600.
Reload time - 32.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 56.2 s. Maximum dispersion - 209 м.
HE initial velocity - 762 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma – 1.70.
Maximum speed - 23 kt. Turning circle radius - 660 m. Rudder shift time – 10.2 s. Surface detectability – 10.6 km. Air detectability – 9.6 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 8.3 km.

Available consumables:
2 slot - Repair Party

4 Soviet BB.jpg

Pyotr Velikiy, tier V

Hit points – 51100. Plating - 19 mm.
Main battery - 4x2 356 mm. Firing range - 16.7 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 5200. Chance to cause fire – 38%. Maximum AP shell damage - 10500.
Reload time - 30.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 45.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 223 м.
HE initial velocity - 732 m/s. AP initial velocity - 732 m/s. Sigma – 1.70.
Maximum speed - 30 kt. Turning circle radius - 800 m. Rudder shift time – 11.5 s. Surface detectability – 13.7 km. Air detectability – 11.5 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 11.9 km.

Available consumables:
2 slot - Repair Party

5Soviet BB.jpg

Izmail, tier VI

Hit points – 55900. Plating - 25 mm.
Main battery - 4x3 356 mm. Firing range - 17.0 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 5200. Chance to cause fire – 38%. Maximum AP shell damage - 10500.
Reload time - 33.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 60.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 228 м.
HE initial velocity - 732 m/s. AP initial velocity - 732 m/s. Sigma – 1.70.
Maximum speed - 28 kt. Turning circle radius - 830 m. Rudder shift time – 12.0 s. Surface detectability – 15.2 km. Air detectability – 12.0 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 13.2 km.

Available consumables:
2 slot - Repair Party

6 Soviet BB.jpg

Sinop, tier VII

Hit points – 65000. Plating - 25 mm.
Main battery - 3x3 406 mm. Firing range - 17.8 km.
Maximum HE shell damage – 5850. Chance to cause fire – 41%. Maximum AP shell damage - 12950.
Reload time - 33.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 30.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 237 м.
HE initial velocity - 766 m/s. AP initial velocity - 766 m/s. Sigma – 1.70.
Maximum speed - 29 kt. Turning circle radius - 960 m. Rudder shift time – 12.9 s. Surface detectability – 15.0 km. Air detectability – 12.7 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 14.5 km.

Available consumables:
2 slot - Repair Party
3 slot - Fighter

7 Soviet BB.jpg

• Cool 6

Quality Poster
3,756 posts
8,468 battles
10 minutes ago, MrConway said:

but with best available modules.

Still... after all this years I take a moment to distinguish modules (like the B-Hull) from the upgrades (like Target Accquisition Module).:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[DREAD]
Players
5,709 posts
5,204 battles

Wow! Looks good.

I like the Piotr Veliki just from the looks. What design is „Sovurov“ based on? The name is taken from the pre-Dreadnought, correct? 

And I am impressed you managed to put in a Gangut at T4 without fantasy refits. Can you correct Kaiser in the same way please?

However I spotted a type in each stats description: for Sigma you put 1.7 instead of 2.7... or are you trying to fight the popular “Russian Bias” Myth...? :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 3

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,944 posts
3,862 battles

41% fire chance on Sinop.... Pls no, not another RN BB line

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Players
3,940 posts
6,032 battles

From first looks what i think:

T4 concealment like dafuq? That will be 9,2km with CE + Camo :cap_wander:

T6 powercreeps the NM hard...

- same dispersion elipse while better sigma (1,5 vs1,7)

- MUCH faster

- better reload

- Better HE (for what its worth...)

- A tad more HP

- Same rudder shift but worse turning circle.

- 1km worse concealment.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,563 posts
6,874 battles

What's up with the dispersion? Both VMF BBs currently in game - Nikolai and Revolution -, as well as the Kronstadt which supposedly uses VMF BB formula, have their H. disp. calculated as

R(km) * 10 + 60 = MaxHdisp(m)

All of the BBs given here have it *significantly* lower, going about 10% below that

MhwvIhJ.png

11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

From first looks what i think:

T4 concealment like dafuq? That will be 9,2km with CE + Camo :cap_wander:

Same idea as Kawachi (8.33km detection) - it's basically as flat as a CV with couple funnells sticking out of it. It's low in the water and there's no high-point to spot

Same ship (Gangut literally is October Revolution) post refit, with that massive superstructure on top, goes up to 11.94km detection there because of the height increase.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,409 posts
2,319 battles
21 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Wow! Looks good.

I like the Piotr Veliki just from the looks. What design is „Sovurov“ based on? The name is taken from the pre-Dreadnought, correct? 

And I am impressed you managed to put in a Gangut at T4 without fantasy refits. Can you correct Kaiser in the same way please?

However I spotted a type in each stats description: for Sigma you put 1.7 instead of 2.7... or are you trying to fight the popular “Russian Bias” Myth...? :Smile_hiding:

I just checked and it seems that the design for the in-game Sovurov was made as part of the development efforts that lead to the construction of Gangut. The documents we have are from late 1907.

If that helps :)

And I am sure we can up that sigma in testing :cap_like:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
15,325 posts
11,028 battles

The Tier V is a BC with around 250mm main belt.

And yes, they actually proposed a variant for 30kt with 80.000 shp.

[TTT]
Players
3,921 posts
7,767 battles

the Sinop totally isnt overcompensating for anything, is it? That is one loooong schlong boat... and quite the turning circle too :Smile_teethhappy:

Concealment on the Gangut aside (when will the devs finally learn that BBs with better concealment than half the cruisers they can meet are a terrible idea... :Smile_facepalm:) this looks like a solid baseline for future tweaking - might not end up being the most exciting line in the game (depening on what tweaks we do end up with; OktRev style DamaCon would be a somewhat interesting but not overpowered "unique feature" as a start), but then it doesn't have to be; folks over on the RU server are gonna love it regardless I guess :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,709 posts
5,204 battles
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What's up with the dispersion? Both VMF BBs currently in game - Nikolai and Revolution -, as well as the Kronstadt which supposedly uses VMF BB formula, have their H. disp. calculated as

R(km) * 10 + 60 = MaxHdisp(m)

All of the BBs given here have it *significantly* lower, going about 10% below that

MhwvIhJ.png

Same idea as Kawachi (8.33km detection) - it's basically as flat as a CV with couple funnells sticking out of it. It's low in the water and there's no high-point to spot

Same ship (Gangut literally is October Revolution) post refit, with that massive superstructure on top, goes up to 11.94km detection there because of the height increase.

That dispersion part is interesting. New formula?

[NWP]
Players
3,940 posts
6,032 battles
13 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Thats why i dont like the balancing around ship height. It doesnt make for good balancing...

CE gets nerfed and this thing gets super concealment to begin with while others (cruisers...) get shafted like crap :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,563 posts
6,874 battles
2 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

That dispersion part is interesting. New formula?

I guess, but I have to ask "why?"

They actually have it tighter than IJN BBs which are supposedly the super-extra-accurate ones in this regard

Here's concealment for them all (with 0.8.0 CE)

PpJ1Ean.png

2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

CE gets nerfed and this thing gets super concealment to begin with while others (cruisers...) get shafted like crap :Smile-angry:

Keep in mind BBs lose far more concealment than cruiser do

yNRhTeL.png

It would be a solid #1 (apart from VU which itself is in testing), but honestly I don't see it as too big of a deal. It's t4, everyone plays yolo rush tactics anyway, typical engagement ranges often seem to be sub-10km

Beta Tester
1,892 posts
6,226 battles
28 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Do they have the normal DCP or the limited one?

Im on the same boat so to speak, about the DCP. 

Concerning the concealment, im pretty sure it will get a lil nerfed prior to release. :Smile_Default:

Players
216 posts
5,745 battles

Better concealment than some T4 cruisers. Although concealment will be -10% for all classes by the time of release.

And, yes, I'm sure it will be nerfed before then. Same thing happened to Dreadnought.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,563 posts
6,874 battles
33 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Concerning the concealment, im pretty sure it will get a lil nerfed prior to release. :Smile_Default:

The t4 is the only one that stands out, all others are pretty average. And it only stands out from the line, not flat-tops like itself (like the already mentioned Kawaschi)

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
5,709 posts
5,204 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

I just checked and it seems that the design for the in-game Sovurov was made as part of the development efforts that lead to the construction of Gangut. The documents we have are from late 1907.

Thanks MrC. Do you have anything on the Pyotr Veliki? Heard it is a design called 707 - do you know when it was created and any more background potentially?

56 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I guess, but I have to ask "why?"

They actually have it tighter than IJN BBs which are supposedly the super-extra-accurate ones in this regard

Here's concealment for them all (with 0.8.0 CE)

PpJ1Ean.png

Keep in mind BBs lose far more concealment than cruiser do

yNRhTeL.png

It would be a solid #1 (apart from VU which itself is in testing), but honestly I don't see it as too big of a deal. It's t4, everyone plays yolo rush tactics anyway, typical engagement ranges often seem to be sub-10km

This tighter dispersion formula is indeed concerning. Would be good to understand it better.

[CATS]
Players
15,325 posts
11,028 battles
4 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Thanks MrC. Do you have anything on the Pyotr Veliki? Heard it is a design called 707 - do you know when it was created and any more background potentially?

https://books.google.de/books?id=Y1o2DQAAQBAJ&pg=PA240&lpg=PA240&dq=blohm+voss+707&source=bl&ots=EGmVXCzWm2&sig=ACfU3U0jlBUzlt42y9iDWGRKX4FOw-LvCw&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjfh-6Pk4ngAhWFalAKHdy1A6wQ6AEwDXoECAcQAQ#v=onepage&q=blohm voss 707&f=false

[ADRIA]
Players
4,563 posts
6,874 battles
14 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

This tighter dispersion formula is indeed concerning. Would be good to understand it better.

posted a bit more in the t8-10 section, couple graphs & such. It's... weird

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
2,632 battles

The Pyotr and Izmail have..potential, and one can never say no to 406mm guns at tier 7 (especially not when mated with that speed).

Remains to be seen with the rest.

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
2,632 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

For what it's worth, it looks similar to one of the pre-Gangut designs in my copy of Russian and Soviet battleships..

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,409 posts
2,319 battles
24 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

We will probably do a dedicated historical Q&A dedicated to the Soviet BBs closer to release, then we can talk in depth about where they come from.

As for the dispersion, lets see how they perform in the wild first! :)

4 minutes ago, lafeel said:

For what it's worth, it looks similar to one of the pre-Gangut designs in my copy of Russian and Soviet battleships..

That would make sense.

Beta Tester
1,910 posts
2,632 battles
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

We will probably do a dedicated historical Q&A dedicated to the Soviet BBs closer to release, then we can talk in depth about where they come from.

As for the dispersion, lets see how they perform in the wild first! :)

That would make sense.

It would, assuming it's correct of course.

Think I also saw the Sinop in there somewhere. And no, I don't mean the original one, I mean the tier 7.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,409 posts
2,319 battles

I updated the maximum dispersion values for some of the ships as they were incorrect.

Correct is:

Knyaz Suvorov, tier III    198

Gangut, tier IV                  209

Pyotr Velikiy, tier V         223

Izmail, tier VI                     228

Sinop, tier VII                    237