You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Strappster

Le Terrible - Available To Rent For 7 Days

79 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

For anyone who hasn't seen it already - https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/specials/12114/

You get Le Terrible and a port slot and after 7 days the ship is removed but you keep the slot (if I've read the description properly) for the one-time price of £3.84 (€4.45). Only thing is that the 7 days begins from the moment you complete the purchase, not when you first log into the game after renting it. If you already have the ship, you'll be compensated with 950 doubloons.

I'm tempted, I enjoy DD play in general but having recently bought the Black and Cossack the timing isn't great for me to pick up another DD, I'd rather spend my time grinding up to tier 9 with my current lines ahead of the next ranked season.

• Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles

That's one hell of a price for a port slot.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13

[SINT]
Players
301 posts
13,761 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

That's one hell of a price for a port slot.:Smile_trollface:

And 200 steel from the snowflake.

• Funny 1

[KENS]
[KENS]
Players
51 posts
9,025 battles

You know that’s not a bad idea, I wish I had the ability to rent some of the premiums before I’ve bought them as a test run to see if they work for me, 

But if your not seriously considering buying it then yeah it’s an expensive port slot (and steel for this particular one) but in most normal updates just a port slot 

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,435 posts
4,400 battles

Why not test it on testserver?

Players
1,102 posts
7,416 battles

We dont have a test account or client? 

I think the rental idea is pretty decent, tbh, especially with a ship like LT which is pricey to purchase and recieved poor reviews. 

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,240 posts
7,481 battles

good idea but feel its the wrong ship for it as it will most likely put most of buying it :Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 1

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles

Too much for too little.

If they actually believed the ship was worth buying, they'd let us try it out for free.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
470 posts
2,004 battles
22 minutes ago, Arakus said:

You can't test premiums or reward ships on the test server :)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,602 posts
6,879 battles
1 hour ago, Arakus said:

Probably because you can't play premium ships on PTS

[NWP]
Players
801 posts
6,577 battles

I own LT, it's fine, I enjoy it (you need to get your head around the playstyle, though).

It's a bit pricey to rent it, and I agree with the comment above that if most people could stand the brain rewiring to get the most out of it then it would probably be a free rental to counteract the bad reviews.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
6 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

@MrConway will they get an offer to buy it for a cheaper price, taking the rental fee into account?

I think Tanks has something similar. 

Yes, by purchasing the rental Terrible you get access to a special offer that is discounted by the exact amount you paid for the rental. 

And as a cherry on top you get another port slot ;)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
3 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Yes, by purchasing the rental Terrible you get access to a special offer that is discounted by the exact amount you paid for the rental. 

I think you guys should communicate more clearly, that the rental is for free if you buy it, because it makes the offer much more interesting. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I think you guys should communicate more clearly, that the rental is for free if you buy it, because it makes the offer much more interesting. 

We will, the guys are updating the portal article with the new offers as we speak! :cap_like:

You guys are just way to quick and active at weird hours of the day :Smile_hiding:

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

We will, the guys are updating the portal article with the new offers as we speak! :cap_like:

You guys are just way to quick and active at weird hours of the day :Smile_hiding:

What else am I going to do in my office ? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles

weird hours of the day

I see! I opt for 'better' working hours in your Prag office. Starting at 0300 until 1200, then a 2 minute pee break and then continue until 2300. That leaves for hours to sleep. Plenty time if you sleep in the office :cap_yes:

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,204 posts
2,467 battles

just drop "way to quick and active at" & "hours of the day" and you have us sussed :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

Modder
1,649 posts
3,502 battles

That's a lot of money just for rent, even for T8. My personal problem, since I'm occasional player, will always be that it is time limited. If it was counted based on battles played, you at least would have guarantee that you'll make use of all the investment.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,229 battles
24 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

That's a lot of money just for rent, even for T8. 

Rent is for free if you decide to buy. 

WG is just a bit slow and inactive during weird times of the day... :Smile_hiding:

You can also see it this way: You can buy the ship for its normal price, but you have 1 week to decide if you want to return it for a small rental fee instead. 

33 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I hope it will be the Alaska, since it should have probably been released with the update this week. :Smile_trollface:

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles
21 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

If it was counted based on battles played, you at least would have guarantee that you'll make use of all the investment.

I was thinking the same thing. If it had been "rent for 25 battles" rather than "rent for 7 days" it would have been a much more interesting offer.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,426 posts
2,343 battles
6 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Rent is for free if you decide to buy. 

WG is just a bit slow and inactive during weird times of the day... :Smile_hiding:

You can also see it this way: You can buy the ship for its normal price, but you have 1 week to decide if you want to return it for a small rental fee instead. 

Much longer, the "discounted" offer that is available once you purchased the rental will be available for far longer than the actual rental period, until March 22nd (if unchanged)

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
45 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I'd advice you to add that info on the site. I think this is very nice step in the right direction. I surely hope it'll get follow up on other ships I've been tempted to buy. And I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking that way. 7 days is a very generous try out time frame. And in the case it's disappointing I won't have paid the full price. Kuddo's WG.

Players
2,762 posts
15,785 battles

i think if you NOT BUY the ship after the offer expired you SHOULD get dubloons equal to the basic conversion rate (- port slot)
then  this would be an awesome thing.

in this state it is a step into the right direction but in the currently its too expensive....

• Cool 2