Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bics93

The new Udaloi!

12 comments in this topic

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
179 posts
3,653 battles

Hi! I’m quite enthusiastic regarding the incoming buff to Ognevoi and Udaloi: +1 consumable slot with repair party (2 charges on premium version, like Grozovoi).

What do you think about this change? Will the new Udaloi be better than the Tashkent if builded as a “no concealment, long range gunboat”? 

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,410 posts
6,092 battles
11 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

What do you think about this change?

It certainly won't do any harm, although I suspect it's a case of 'ask again after the rework'; the fate of pretty much all DDs is up in the air until we get a sense of if/how much they're Doomed when the new aircraft are unleashed...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,330 posts
7,649 battles
16 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Hi! I’m quite enthusiastic regarding the incoming buff to Ognevoi and Udaloi: +1 consumable slot with repair party (2 charges on premium version, like Grozovoi).

What do you think about this change? Will the new Udaloi be better than the Tashkent if builded as a “no concealment, long range gunboat”? 

I still renember a time when Khaba was nerfed hard for obvious reasons and the Udaloi became the straight up better ship.

Then Udaloi got nerfed and the secound techtree released.....

#makeUdaloigreatagain

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
179 posts
3,653 battles
32 minuti fa, Miessa3 ha scritto:

I still renember a time when Khaba was nerfed hard for obvious reasons and the Udaloi became the straight up better ship.

#makeUdaloigreatagain

Wut? Was Udaloi stronger than now? What kind of nerf did it received? (I’m a relatively new player)

Players
4,024 posts
7,542 battles
10 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

#makeUdaloigreatagain

The only "nerf" Udaloi get was option to mount DFAA and she for Fletcher grade torps speed/detection wise. Unless you mean stealth firing removal, something Udaloi excelled at

Beta Tester
1,271 posts
7,834 battles
12 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

#makeUdaloigreatagain

What, how did WG nerf the Udaloi? AFAIK aside from changing the tree position WG never touched it.

Leaving the most cancerous ship class aside, (btw REMOVE CVs) the Udaloi got a lot better in the last time, no more BB AP pens and soon the additional heal. Given that I managed to get 99k DPG before all this stuff, equally good and better players should easily be able to reach 120k DPG or more with it.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,410 posts
6,092 battles
11 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Before my time as well - so, the YY nerf situation is not a new flavour of male-chicken-up?

[TTT]
Players
3,937 posts
7,767 battles

pretty sure Miessa is imagining that Udaloi nerf... still just as much of an absolute monster as she ever was, and this insane buff... yeah I dont even know what kind of combination of weed and vodka must've been making the rounds in the balancing department to come up with that... that is almost 10k extra HP to play with, and unlike Tashkent she doesnt even have to give up her smoke. (And unlike Grozovoi, Udaloi doesnt get competitive concealment that would incentivise you to go contesting caps too much...)

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,330 posts
7,649 battles
30 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

Wut? Was Udaloi stronger than now? What kind of nerf it received? (I’m a relatively new player)

+

29 minutes ago, Panocek said:

The only "nerf" Udaloi get was option to mount DFAA and she for Fletcher grade torps speed/detection wise. Unless you mean stealth firing removal, something Udaloi excelled at

+

29 minutes ago, avenger121 said:

What, how did WG nerf the Udaloi? AFAIK aside from changing the tree position WG never touched it.

Leaving the most cancerous ship class aside, (btw REMOVE CVs) the Udaloi got a lot better in the last time, no more BB AP pens and soon the additional heal. Given that I managed to get 99k DPG before all this stuff, equally good and better players should easily be able to reach 120k DPG or more with it.

Jeah bad wording there. I meant more like powercreeped by the Tier X and sometimes even Tier VIII ships she can meet.

Back then Udaloi was a solid pick for Tier IX (she still is if TopTier). Now we got things like Harugomo, Daring, Grozovoi, Worcester (when there is smokesupport), Akizuki etc. that can sneak up on her and be actualy dangerous.

She is still powerful as ever.  She just doesn't feel that untouchable like before anymore. Now with the new buff though and the no pen buff she got earlier.... Maybe i need to buy her back and give her a dedicated captain.

28 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Before my time as well - so, the YY nerf situation is not a new flavour of male-chicken-up?

Well Udaloi didn't relly get nerfed directly like the YY but Tier IX ships being straigt up better than Tier X is nothing new no.

• Cool 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
179 posts
3,653 battles
8 minuti fa, Tyrendian89 ha scritto:

pretty sure Miessa is imagining that Udaloi nerf... still just as much of an absolute monster as she ever was, and this insane buff... yeah I dont even know what kind of combination of weed and vodka must've been making the rounds in the balancing department to come up with that... that is almost 10k extra HP to play with, and unlike Tashkent she doesnt even have to give up her smoke. (And unlike Grozovoi, Udaloi doesnt get competitive concealment that would incentivise you to go contesting caps too much...)

Yeah, since I’m really enjoying my russian DDs grind, I’m thinking to keep a tier 9 gunboat and Udaloi seems pretty intriguing now!

I don’t know why WG wants to keep Udaloi in the tech tree while Neutrashimy is a perfect middle-ground between Ognevoi and Grozovoi, a premium Udaloi will be a fantastic freeXP/coal ship! :cap_horn:

• Cool 3

[TTT]
Players
3,937 posts
7,767 battles
1 hour ago, Bics93 said:

Yeah, since I’m really enjoying my russian DDs grind, I’m thinking to keep a tier 9 gunboat and Udaloi seems pretty intriguing now!

I don’t know why WG wants to keep Udaloi in the tech tree while Neutrashimy is a perfect middle-ground between Ognevoi and Grozovoi, a premium Udaloi will be a fantastic freeXP/coal ship! :cap_horn:

exactly my thinking, and it's not like there wasnt plenty of precedent for that kind of shuffle from WoT where they semi-regularly replace existing tanks with better fits for their position in the tech tree and leave the originals as quasi-premium reward vehicles...

But, you know, WG gonna WG... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 3

Players
1,542 posts
10,797 battles
2 hours ago, Bics93 said:

Udaloi is too slow to really make a top tier gunboat. It was always a hybrid with great maneuverability, and with CE you can actually stealth torp.

I dont know what kind of weed the devs was smoking in the balancing the department when they decided to give the Udaloi a heal.

Sure, Ognevoi really needed all the help i could get, but Udaloi was always the better tier 9 (Trashcan being a little less trashy after getting a heal, but still trash).

Since Udaloi was always better than Trashcan, it is now even better  - or would be, if not for the Skypox rework.

Sign in to follow this