You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Idea: I have never ever played CV - thinking of FreeXP them now to get "Snowflakes" Coal / Steel and then, with compensation, get all invested FreeXP/Credits back...

33 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

Idea: I have never ever played CV - thinking of FreeXP them now to get "Snowflakes" Coal / Steel and then, with compensation, get all invested FreeXP/Credits back...

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/cv-rework-changes/

If I read the info correctly one can get all investment in FreeXP and Credits back this way:

Compensation

The General principle for compensation for current CV players is very simple: you will not lose anything — on the contrary, you can even make some gains:

With the release of new aircraft carriers all players who have researched current CV tech tree lines will be compensated for the difference between two even or two odd levels of aircraft carriers with free XP and credits.

If the player has researched aircraft carriers on even tiers (tiers IV, VI, VIII, X):

The accumulated experience remains on the current ship or on the one that will replace it in the new version.

The researched modules are replaced by similar ones on the new aircraft carrier. If the module has already been purchased, the same module is charged to the new one.

If the aircraft carrier does not have similar modules, the XP spent on their research is compensated by an equal amount of free XP and the full cost of credits.

If the old aircraft carrier has all the modules researched, the new aircraft carrier will also all the modules researched, even if they are the new versions.

If the player has researched aircraft carriers on odd tiers (tiers V, VII, IX):

All XP is transferred to the aircraft carrier below the tier.

All XP spent on researched modules is compensated by equal amount of free XP and the full cost of credits.

The difference between research costs of the carrier in the new system and the total cost of researching the carrier and her predecessor in the old system will be compensated in Free XP.

Example: the player has researched Zuiho and Hosho. Hosho will be researched and the playerwill be awarded 9300 free experience (13600 old Zuiho + 6700 old Hosho-11000 new Hosho) 

e7b797ac-eef7-11e8-8ed0-38eaa735f4cc_1200x.jpg

General rules for all aircraft carriers:

All upgrades installed on aircraft carriers, including unique ones, are removed and moved to your Inventory.

Upgrades that can only be installed on aircraft carriers are offset by their full cost in credits.

All the commanders of aircraft carriers of even tiers retrain and move to new aircraft carriers of even tiers.

All the commanders of aircraft carriers of odd tiers retrain on the new aircraft carriers at a lower tier and are moved to the Reserve.

All aircraft carrier commanders reset their skills. 

All the permanent camos of carriers on even tiers are replaced with similar permanent camos with the addition of new aircraft carriers from even tiers.

All permanent camouflages of odd tier aircraft carriers are removed and compensated at the full cost in doubloons.

Rules for premium aircraft carriers:

All old premium aircraft carriers at tier VIII are replaced with new premium aircraft carriers of the same tier. All ship XP and commander skills are transferred to the new carrier.

Premium aircraft carriers Saipan and Kaga (currently tier VII) are replaced with the new version of premium aircraft carriers Saipan and Kaga (now tier VIII). All the XP and specialization of the commander transferred to the new aircraft carriers.

Special permanent camouflage for Enterprise (Azur Lane Enterprise) will be removed from accounts. Its full cost in doubloons will be credited to player's account. If you wish, you can buy it again for the same amount of Doubloons.

Special permanent camouflage for Graf Zeppelin is transferred to the new Graf Zeppelin.

Finally, if you do not like the new gameplay, or you want to go through the whole branch from beginning to end again, you can exchange your researched tech tree aircraft carriers for credits and free experience. You can also sell Premium aircraft carriers for their full cost in doubloons. 

At the same time, the exchange of the researched aircraft carriers will only be allowed in reverse order (from the upper tiers to the lower tiers). For example, if you decide to sell the Ranger, you will not be able to keep the higher tier aircraft carrier (tier X Midway). XP from the ship will transfer to the ship on the first tier of this nation. When you exchange or sell permanent Camos you will be reimbursed in the full value of doubloons.

Detailed information about the methods of exchange will be covered in the final patch notes before the full release.

What do you guys think? Feasible? Possible?

BTW, I have 2.000.000+ FreeXP saved (for "Alaska" and any hing else that can come along) and around 150.000.000+ Credits...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,253 posts
10,568 battles

Imo the "refund" of free xp and credits is not the important one; it's the refund of doubloons for prem CVs.

I'm really thinking of getting rid of all my prem CVs (Kaga, Saipan, and Enterprise) as I really dislike the new CV gameplay (compared to the old one) .. but I wouldn't know what to with that many doubloons as I have all doubloon ships (tech tree) already :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
24 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Imo the "refund" of free xp and credits is not the important one; it's the refund of doubloons for prem CVs.

I'm really thinking of getting rid of all my prem CVs (Kaga, Saipan, and Enterprise) as I really dislike the new CV gameplay (compared to the old one) .. but I wouldn't know what to with that many doubloons as I have all doubloon ships (tech tree) already :cap_hmm:

If you want you can ask @MrConway if you can transfer your Kaga & Enterprise to me and I'll transfer the appropriate amount of doubloons to you. The good ole switcheroo.

Because I will maliciously abuse the CV rework and it'd be a real shame to let those unavailable premiums go to waste when you could get the doubloons AND I could get them flatboats.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,464 battles
28 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Buy perma camo on silver ships on tiers 10 if you dont have it all, and also on lower tiers, 6+ tiers.

[-FF-]
Players
663 posts
5,431 battles
9 hours ago, Aotearas said:

it'd be a real shame to let those unavailable premiums go to waste when you could get the doubloons AND I could get them flatboats.

Maybe Saipan and Kaga will be on sale again after the rework. I mean, they are supposed to be better balanced after the update goes live...

Players
1,284 posts
9,776 battles

Well first off, there seems to be some mistake in their example calculation.

Zitat

The difference between research costs of the carrier in the new system and the total cost of researching the carrier and her predecessor in the old system will be compensated in Free XP.

Example: the player has researched Zuiho and Hosho. Hosho will be researched and the playerwill be awarded 9300 free experience (13600 old Zuiho + 6700 old Hosho-11000 new Hosho) 

In this example, old Zuiho (Tier V) is the odd tier carrier and Hosho is an even tier carrier.

So what we need is the x, the price (XP) of the Zuiho in the new system, and the formula would be

x new Zuiho - (6700 old Hosho + 13600 old Zuiho) = x new Zuiho - 6700 old Hosho - 13600 old Zuiho

In any event, we'd need to know the final prices of the new carriers and the modules needed to free-XP the following ones, wouldn't we. Are they released yet?

[ONE2]
Players
2,498 posts
14,581 battles

Well, if ya got sh*itloads of free XP to burn. Then GO FOR IT !! :cap_like:

But alas, I am too poor...:Smile_sad::Smile_hiding:

image.png.0a9d6e721f6673ad18005bb755730261.png:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,253 posts
10,568 battles
19 hours ago, Aotearas said:

If you want you can ask @MrConway if you can transfer your Kaga & Enterprise to me and I'll transfer the appropriate amount of doubloons to you. The good ole switcheroo.

Because I will maliciously abuse the CV rework and it'd be a real shame to let those unavailable premiums go to waste when you could get the doubloons AND I could get them flatboats.

imo you can have the ships and the doubloons - I'm at a point where I don't care about much anymore :cap_old:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,372 posts
6,032 battles

I think I am feeling a little thick so can anyone help me out with this... 

I have the Essex and Hakuryu, Taiho, Saipan at least...  I'm at work so can't check but I may also have Hosho and Hiryu.  Is there any benefit to purchasing the other CVs and having them sat in my port at update time?  Or is the only benefit the snowflakes I would be able to earn?  I'm swimming in credits so I have no issues there.

[-MM]
Beta Tester
1,201 posts
1,459 battles

Interesting, how long have we got left for the snowflakes? 

[WCWVE]
Players
801 posts
12,259 battles

The only CV that I do not have is the GZ and I think that it is a shame that WG are essentially deleting 6 ships from the game entirely and I also do not like the way the CV rework has been implemented and would personally suggest that the CV rework be sent back for a further rework before it is forced upon us 

• Cool 2

Players
1,284 posts
9,776 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, tajj7 sagte:

how long have we got left for the snowflakes? 

Wednesday night / Thursday morning, when/if the new patch rolls out.

• Cool 1

[T_D_G]
Players
381 posts
8,493 battles

Please dont, if you have never ever played a CV and want to play a high tier CV for snowflakes, you'll condemn your team to a loss, and earn lots of hate and frustration for yourself.

[SSA]
Players
602 posts
16,543 battles
7 hours ago, ilhilh said:

I think I am feeling a little thick so can anyone help me out with this... 

I have the Essex and Hakuryu, Taiho, Saipan at least...  I'm at work so can't check but I may also have Hosho and Hiryu.  Is there any benefit to purchasing the other CVs and having them sat in my port at update time?  Or is the only benefit the snowflakes I would be able to earn?  I'm swimming in credits so I have no issues there. 

Nope. Purchasing them would only give back the full cost in Credits (and free exp if you research some modules you don't have yet), so it's a zero sum game anyway.

You COULD use it to retrain some captains, as any captain on a CV will get a free respec when the update hits.

But afik there'll be a period where any captain can be respecced for free. Does anyone have a source on that  ? I can't find it atm.

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
43 minutes ago, B010011A said:

Please dont, if you have never ever played a CV and want to play a high tier CV for snowflakes, you'll condemn your team to a loss, and earn lots of hate and frustration for yourself.

There's always the chance of earning your snowflakes in CoOp ... and any mediocre CV can win against bots (says the guy that lost CoOp with a 3/0/1 Saipan :Smile_hiding:)

Anyways - Just did a count: If I 'refund' all silver CVs I've researched (and own), I'll get about 600k FXP reimbursed. Very nice! That's a Nelson right there!

• Cool 1

Players
1,284 posts
9,776 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, B010011A sagte:

Please dont, if you have never ever played a CV and want to play a high tier CV for snowflakes, you'll condemn your team to a loss,

[edited], you can snowflake in Co-Op.

Vor 1 Stunde, rnat sagte:

But afik there'll be a period where any captain can be respecced for free. Does anyone have a source on that  ? I can't find it atm.

You can do that if you played at least one clan battle this season, about a week or two after CBs end.

• Cool 1

[SSA]
Players
602 posts
16,543 battles
49 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

You can do that if you played at least one clan battle this season, about a week or two after CBs end.

I'm not talking about the CW reset. If i remember correctly there was a free reset period for everybody scheduled with 8.0 ?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

I did it all in CoP in about 3 hours... it was very easy...:Smile_hiding:

abos0OX.jpg

The cost was:

• 100.00.000 Silver
  • 1.500.000 FreeXP

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

From your title "

I have never ever played CV"

Hold on to that. Please.

[DAVY]
Players
329 posts
8,481 battles
On 1/24/2019 at 4:46 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

[...]

If I read the info correctly one can get all investment in FreeXP and Credits back this way:

What do you guys think? Feasible? Possible?

I'm not sure I understand what you have in mind

If you have bought an odd tier CV you will get the full amount of credits back and the CV disappears from the game. There is no hidden gain. You will only get the credits back you previously invested.

Same with the FXP.

You will be able to farm a few snowflakes and get and extra 300 steel and a bit of coal.

But that comes at a price. You will need to invest your FXP into that line. You will get back the excess FXP, but the one needed to unlock the new ships will stay spent. The new CV grind seems to be considerably shorter than it was before. Still I would assume you will have to dump a good 500k FXP in each line permanently. For a bit of coal and 300 steel? Is it worth that much to you?

On 1/24/2019 at 5:30 PM, lup3s said:

And they will never ever release any new premium ships.

Frankly, I would give the rework some more time and definitely keep the CVs that will be moved to T8. You paid for a T7 CV and get a T8 CV. Sounds like a good deal.

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

From your title "

I have never ever played CV"

Hold on to that. Please.

Can you manage to stay on topic and not just look for anything where a CV is mentioned to talk s*** about them?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

5 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I'm not sure I understand what you have in mind

If you have bought an odd tier CV you will get the full amount of credits back and the CV disappears from the game. There is no hidden gain. You will only get the credits back you previously invested.

Same with the FXP.

You will be able to farm a few snowflakes and get and extra 300 steel and a bit of coal.

But that comes at a price. You will need to invest your FXP into that line. You will get back the excess FXP, but the one needed to unlock the new ships will stay spent. The new CV grind seems to be considerably shorter than it was before. Still I would assume you will have to dump a good 500k FXP in each line permanently. For a bit of coal and 300 steel? Is it worth that much to you?

One would get ALL invested back (i.e. even those new CVs that stay after v0.8.0.)... :Smile_hiding:

And what for?

For last opportunity to play "Old Style" CVs (and "a bit of Steel and Coal")... :Smile_coin:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
5 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

You will get back the excess FXP, but the one needed to unlock the new ships will stay spent.

You will get back the excess FXP. But ONLY if you decide to not 'give back' the even tier CVs. In 0.8.0 there's a section in the arsenal where you can 'refund' your even tier CVs. In exchange you get the XP needed to research (e.g. the T6 CV) as FXP. On top you'll get the credits the CV did cost you (if you have it in the harbour).

I myself e.g. bought Hiryu, Ranger, Zuiho and Bogue back and put the premium camouflage on the T7 CVs (at that time the premium camo was discountet).

[DAVY]
Players
329 posts
8,481 battles
4 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

I myself e.g. bought Hiryu, Ranger, Zuiho and Bogue back and put the premium camouflage on the T7 CVs (at that time the premium camo was discountet).

So we all could have got the camos for the T6-, T7-, T8- and T9-CVs for alltogether 10k doubloons and would have got 20k doubloons once they are removed? Now that's ******* smart. I got me a camo for the Ranger I got in port anyway but never would have thought of that. I am going to bite my rear all day not having seen that. Too late.