Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ToxicWomble

cv rework.

33 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
25 posts
7,514 battles

Right people,no one is happy with how the cv`s are so over powered right? haven`t seen a lot of the rework play but I can guarantee that a lot of people will not be happy when the new rework is out.                                                                                                               How about..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Rework the AA on all ships make it more powerful,so that say a T10 cv cannot delete an T10 AA spec`d cruiser (I`ve been a victim)            

Rework the fighters so they cannot continually stay above a cap (I`ve been a victim) give them a degradation of health if they aren`t moved,make them only able to follow your planes and engage other planes.

Rework the torpedo damage, nerf it so they virtually   take out a full heath BB therefore taking it out of the game

As in the new rework with  AA reduce the time significantly for switching AA priority.

I`m ready for the hate.......

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,223 posts
18,530 battles

...only hate u might earn is most probably for posting ur very own thread on ur perception, while there's tons of similar opinions in several feedback threads around....

at least me myself, i see no reason at all for packing this into a new thread....

but i'm fine with it, if it's been for entertaining purposes :Smile_trollface::Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
12,171 battles

1. See 2 to 6 CV's in your game.

2. Fully ignore any objectives but cluster around your CV's instead, you know, like a real fleet would.

3. ...

4. Profit

• Funny 3

[SUM69]
Players
13 posts
9,297 battles

Rather just drop the entire class and spend a little more time developing new maps and operations. They are a blight on the game in my opinion, at the moment its permaspot, in the future looks like they will be OP but in another way (continuous availability of attack aircraft). The real joy for me and I'm sure many others is the satisfaction of stalking properly with a DD and getting that Torpedo strike or Citadelling an enemy, Carriers prevent the DD stalk with their Permaspot and give warning about incoming torps. Broken class that just doesn't fit with the game at all.

Ready for the CV fans to shoot me down and say that "we should work as a team" and "use DefAA as an umbrella to protect ourselves", when, if ever has this occurred in a PvP game where there is limited communication.

I really believe the better games are the ones without Carriers in almost every circumstance.

• Cool 10
  • Bad 2

[TCNF]
Players
70 posts
1,935 battles
15 minutes ago, ToxicWomble said:

Right people,no one is happy with how the cv`s are so over powered right? haven`t seen a lot of the rework play but I can guarantee that a lot of people will not be happy when the new rework is out.                                                                                                               How about..                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Rework the AA on all ships make it more powerful,so that say a T10 cv cannot delete an T10 AA spec`d cruiser (I`ve been a victim)            

Rework the fighters so they cannot continually stay above a cap (I`ve been a victim) give them a degradation of health if they aren`t moved,make them only able to follow your planes and engage other planes.

Rework the torpedo damage, nerf it so they virtually   take out a full heath BB therefore taking it out of the game

As in the new rework with  AA reduce the time significantly for switching AA priority.

I agree with you. I wanted this since the beginning personnally.

However, the rework must be for high CVs like t9-t10 because at t5 t8, you can fall against +2 tier and it's very hard to play.

[5D]
Players
536 posts
20,985 battles

as ive said before noone wants to be hurt by carriers. if you guys had it your way you would be completely immune to all drops. this thread is pathetic.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,169 posts
10,987 battles
26 minutes ago, ToxicWomble said:

Regardless of how (un)balanced the reworked CVs are going to be, your post makes one thing very, VERY clear: you have no idea whatsoever how the reworked CVs are going to work. Nevermind trying it out, you - as you yourself admit at the very beginning - haven't even really observed the gameplay in videos. Which brings us to the main point. What gives you the idea that your opinion has any value whatsoever, considering that you're well aware that you're commenting on and postulating changes to something you have virtually no idea about?

If you played the game on test server (preferably both normal ships and CVs) and got to know basic mechanics, checked out the basic mechanics of the CV gameplay, you might've been able to contribute something to the topic of CVs and their rework. As it is, however, your whole opening post is utterly pointless and absolutely worthless. Because you're just rambling about something you know nothing about. Just what's the point of polluting the Forum with your uninformed opinions? And it would be one thing if you just complained in one of the CV-related threads, it's ok to express your dissatisfaction even if the basis for it is somewhat flimsy - but you're apparently too important for that, your "insight" for some reason deserves a brand new thread?...

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,278 posts
12,171 battles
21 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

as ive said before noone wants to be hurt by carriers. if you guys had it your way you would be completely immune to all drops. this thread is pathetic.

Would you look at that? An enemy where you can neither fight back, nor run. Nobody would have expected that players at the receiving end might not like this...

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
1,271 posts
7,838 battles

Step1: Admit that CVs are a mistake like Alpha & Beta players told you.

Step2: Dont drag a failed gameplay element 3 years around

Step3: Dont try to rework polish a turd

Step4: A far more balanced and fun game

Step5: ????

Step6: Profit

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

Players
2,424 posts
14,595 battles
1 hour ago, ToxicWomble said:

... Rework the AA on all ships make it more powerful,so...

farazelleth said give him a three man cancer division and he will achieve a +90% win rate.

I am not sure that AA has a liner effect on CV players; as I believe it hurt the less skilled player far more significantly than the top 10-15%.

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,464 battles

They really needed to make poll with a obligation to pick answer, when enter port, Rework yes or no, and 2nd q rts or fps planes. Simple as that.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
37 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

I am not sure that AA has a liner effect on CV players; as I believe it hurt the less skilled player far more significantly than the top 10-15%.

Isn't that how it should be? Learning enough to become a skilled player should be more effective in battle than a less skilled player. It's like a novice CA player giving broadside to a BB while a more skilled player knows to wait until the BB fires before starting his turn (or not be in the situation where he has to turn in front of the enemy in the first place).

Players
2,424 posts
14,595 battles
1 minute ago, Strappster said:

Isn't that how it should be? Learning enough to become a skilled player should be more effective in battle than a less skilled player. It's like a novice CA player giving broadside to a BB while a more skilled player knows to wait until the BB fires before starting his turn (or not be in the situation where he has to turn in front of the enemy in the first place).

Yes, but...  the disparity in skill levels between CV players is considered extreme.   The skill gap is already to high, so wouldn't adding just more AA tend to increase that gap?

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
Just now, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Yes, but...  the disparity in skill levels between CV players is considered extreme.   The skill gap is already to high, so wouldn't adding just more AA tend to increase that gap?

I don't know, I'm not a CV player and I haven't looked at them on the test server. I agree that one of the major reasons for the rework is the current disparity in skill levels being so extreme but I don't expect the rework to deliver a system that's perfectly balanced regardless of the CV player's skill - a good CV player will still perform better than a bad one and they should, otherwise why bother playing them at all?

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,464 battles
1 hour ago, Strappster said:

Well the cv have one thing which other classes dont have, in your exemple we have 2 teams with for exemple Zao on both side and Midway on both side, enemy have good Zao and Midway while our both is crap with 40wr. Main diffrence and thing  which make cv op is that im can counter enemy good Zao by my good play Montana or Hindenburg by my also angling, shot enemy weak spot even when angled, change to he if cant see any weakspot, shot for superstructure, etc. But i cant counter good Midway and cant kill it in any way especially when not div up, or have team to stay close for AA. After CV rework even worse then now.

• Cool 2

[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles
5 hours ago, ToxicWomble said:

how can you actually give an opinion on how they need to buff AA ships, when you say and admit you have not seen much of the rework.....

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
4 hours ago, avenger121 said:

Step1: Admit that CVs are a mistake like Alpha & Beta players told you.

Step2: Dont drag a failed gameplay element 3 years around

Step3: Dont try to rework polish a turd

Step4: A far more balanced and fun game

Step5: ????

Step6: Profit

You don't speak for alpha and beta players and you never did.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
803 posts
18,520 battles
4 hours ago, Yamato942 said:

They really needed to make poll with a obligation to pick answer, when enter port, Rework yes or no, and 2nd q rts or fps planes. Simple as that.

And everyone who cant handle cv-s (attacks) would answer yes for rework without thinking of possibility that it might get worse for them.

• Cool 1

[TIPC]
[TIPC]
Players
97 posts
8,736 battles

Its funny that even WG admits the new gameplay is just …. boring.

"The main reason behind the temporary removal of uneven tiers is that they are too similar to their adjacent tiers and offer little difference in terms of gameplay."

= all tiers offer little difference in gameplay.

Beta Tester
1,271 posts
7,838 battles
3 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

You don't speak for alpha and beta players and you never did.

Ofc I dont want to be associated with the inane CV apologist faction who already cried about too strong AA back during the 12 TB Midway era period when CzNemesis managed to hit 200k DPG.

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,235 posts
6,532 battles
3 hours ago, Klimons said:

Its funny that even WG admits the new gameplay is just …. boring.

"The main reason behind the temporary removal of uneven tiers is that they are too similar to their adjacent tiers and offer little difference in terms of gameplay."

= all tiers offer little difference in gameplay.

That is what you're interpreting, but they're saying it's fun. What they mean is, that you can generate many differences with too many tiers.

E.g.:

T4 Hosho 1 Torpedo plane per attack

T6 Ryujo 2 Torpedo planes per attack

T8 Shokaku 2 Torpedo planes per attack

T10 Hakuryu 2 or 4 Torpedoplanes per attack

With more tiers there would be just even more ships with same featues, because from 1 to 4 Torpedoplanes you can't really generate differences.

The 4 CVs feel different and are fun to play for me at least. The only boring thing is the bot matches. But I played today a few player matches in traning room and that was really fun and pretty intense

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
5 hours ago, avenger121 said:

Ofc I dont want to be associated with the inane CV apologist faction who already cried about too strong AA back during the 12 TB Midway era period when CzNemesis managed to hit 200k DPG.

Lying suits you well, you should make a habit out of it. Oh wait, you already did years ago.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,555 battles

The only thing I am sure of after watching countless hours of rework videos and listening @El2aZeR,

I am really afraid that the new CV will be more frustrating than the old ones..

Much much more!

Beta Tester
1,271 posts
7,838 battles
5 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

Lying suits you well, you should make a habit out of it. Oh wait, you already did years ago.

Could you stop attacking me like a rabid dog with all your ad hominems? Sorry that I am not pushing my favourite class to be OP, because I prefer balance over that unlike you.

BTW just for the record:

July 2015, 12 TB Midway era in fully glory, CV apologists crying about too strong def AA

Mind you, that was long before AA got multiple buffs and CVs multiple nerfs, and still CVs are OP and our dear CV apologists fight you with nail and tooth should you dare to speak out.

Beta Tester
4,390 posts
9,645 battles
7 hours ago, avenger121 said:

Could you stop attacking me like a rabid dog with all your ad hominems? Sorry that I am not pushing my favourite class to be OP, because I prefer balance over that unlike you.

BTW just for the record:

July 2015, 12 TB Midway era in fully glory, CV apologists crying about too strong def AA

Mind you, that was long before AA got multiple buffs and CVs multiple nerfs, and still CVs are OP and our dear CV apologists fight you with nail and tooth should you dare to speak out.

And you still don't understand what an ad hominem is.

But while accusing me of using them, you used an ad hominem.

This is called "hypocrisy", well, it is assuming you even have a slight grasp on reality, there's other words that would describe them, which would be far more insulting *edited*

As for the record, point at one place in that thread where I said that "200k average damage is fine *edited*

Also, refering to the midway in a thread about every CV? As if one ship defines the entire breath of the gameplay? Just more dishonesty.

As for "favourite" class, given how it's my least played class, it's just not in any way my "favourite" class. I'm just not someone with a "rabid dog" hate for one specific class while projecting my hate and vitriol onto others.

Edited by Nebiros_1
Edited due to provocation