You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Aircraft Carriers: How Best to Tune Them? - Discussion Thread

108 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
33 posts
18,912 battles

You know that you killed whole category of ships with this rework? Bye, bye DESTROYERS :(

• Cool 2
  • Bad 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,261 posts
12,123 battles
2 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

You know that you killed whole category of ships with this rework? Bye, bye DESTROYERS :(

You think so? How about cruisers? They lost both their AA and torp spotting roles...

Apart from that I will finally be able to fully complete some campaigns as many of the once-in-a-thousand-games requirements seem to be gone for good.

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,176 posts
6,467 battles
6 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

This is not the Feedback thread ;) Beside that, I had a lot fun as dd on the Testserver

Just now, Ubertron_X said:

You think so? How about cruisers? They lost both their AA and torp spotting roles...

Funny, that "torp spotting role" is something, that is a new advantage for the DD, which I like, so even if a dd gets spotted, he can still torp at least.

The AA is still a thing, the Fighter is more a control zone tool. It won't be that important like the fighter squads in the current system, but that was the goal, giving the CV less responsibility for countering the enemy CV. I like the Fighter consumable, because I also play dd and it's fun for me to use a smoke for a friendly cruiser. The Fighter consumable is like a smoke, you place it to cover people, those people see an icon and a timer, that they'Re covered by fighters. Thus people can feel protected and supported

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
33 posts
18,912 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

This is not the Feedback thread ;) Beside that, I had a lot fun as dd on the Testserver

Fun!? By playing against bots!? Nice :)

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles

I really like the fake forced optimism of the article as the train wreck heads towards the abyss. In a few months you aren't going to be releasing alternate CV lines, you will be losing players and trying to save the game.

• Cool 7

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,176 posts
6,467 battles
2 minutes ago, Zveketalo said:

Fun!? By playing against bots!? Nice :)

Enemy CVs are never bots :etc_hide_turtle:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[POI--]
Players
4,110 posts
5,139 battles

Bonus of the Survivability Expert skill for Commanders Dà Róng, Quán Róng, and Alexander Ovechkin (all variants) now includes the aircraft bonus and adds +20 HP for every tier of the ship instead of usual +15 HP.

Is there any real reason to bother adjusting PA captains for CV skills? Like, what CV would there ever be? INS Vikrant? A ship that operated jet planes. Then again, given the Graf Zeppelin seemingly no longer uses Stukas, who says WG won't just put WWII aircraft on the ship and call it a day...

But really, seems kind of pointless.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
568 posts
14,083 battles

Nice, now we may have 3 vs 3 cvs per match, how amusing..... As if one per side wasn't a problem...

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
4 posts
11,507 battles

Well, now CE = -10% for all ships?

Have I understood well?

Thanks WG for nerfing my Roma!

Concealment was her only big strength LOL.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,176 posts
6,467 battles
22 minutes ago, The_Shadow0 said:

I just want to know what will happen with my Taiho……..

Unavailable until reimplemented in a second branch

• Bad 1

[W-C]
Players
465 posts
1,906 battles

What happens to the campaign tasks if you are part way through one (e.g. spot 500 torpedoes) which then changes with 0.8.0?

[BYOB]
Players
3,281 posts
11,474 battles
4 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

What happens to the campaign tasks if you are part way through one (e.g. spot 500 torpedoes) which then changes with 0.8.0?

Last time they changed campaign tasks the started tasks were automatically completed.

• Cool 2

[W-C]
Players
465 posts
1,906 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Last time they changed campaign tasks the started tasks were automatically completed.

Thanks... sounds like a nice easy way to knock off some (well, 2 or 3) of the 'harder' ones :cap_hmm:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,543 posts
6,852 battles

mZwHqZa.png

@MrConway @Crysantos @Sehales Is it going to be only free commander resets or free module demounting aswell? Clearly AA modules have changed aswell, and similarly to captain skills they could be tested & decided upon if it's worth taking them or no

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,271 posts
7,820 battles

How to tune carriers the best?

Just D E L E T E them.

Just do it.

Remove the most cancerous and most imbalanced gameplay element, which is btw only used by less than 3% of the total playerbase.

• Cool 8
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[XTREM]
Players
89 posts
10,055 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I really like the fake forced optimism of the article as the train wreck heads towards the abyss. In a few months you aren't going to be releasing alternate CV lines, you will be hemorrhaging players and trying to save the game.

This is my prediction as well. At this point outright deleting the entire class would be a much safer and healthier move for the game in the long run. Something they may be forced to do anyway when people who just want to play the other 3 classes start leaving in droves, as all they want is a normal, non CV game, and not be harrased by 3 CV's every game.

• Cool 2

[NKK]
[NKK]
Beta Tester
1,560 posts
8,017 battles

Three years of fake news about "rework" carriers and "the year of the carrier" to do the most boring mode that nobody has put on a WG game. Three years of lies and liars from WG.

I hope take back the cost of their premium cammo (on ships that remain on tree) when I quit them (now there a 90% of that happen). I think that I wll only have the premium carriers, only for the ship that they are; not for the stupid console game mode.

• Cool 2

[AEGIS]
Players
8 posts
5,196 battles

Well, how to best use them. Seems the best way is NOT to use them. Im afraid they will kill the joy of many players with this game and I will definitely not spend a nickel in premium shop until I know how this experiment turns out.

• Cool 4

Players
19 posts
6,712 battles

At first i was optimistic, as ive wanted to see a rework done for carriers for years, but this isnt the way to do it. In its current form the rework will kill the game dead within a few weeks after its launch.

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,176 posts
6,467 battles
30 minutes ago, villetyttiepic said:

I guess i can use my essex anymore.

it was my best carrier.

):

Will propabily re-implemented in a second branch later

• Bad 1