You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dukewerth1

huge lags 24/01/2019

14 comments in this topic

[TCNF]
Players
70 posts
1,935 battles

Hi everyone,

wanted to know if i'm the only one who gets some lags today. (2 battles, ping going to 600 ms .... impossible to play)

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
753 posts
7,160 battles

i don't have problem of lag, but for some reason, withouth notice, my ingame performance plummet fps wise, in the match i just played in my kronstad, after using radar my fps got from 70 to 20 for no apparent reason, ever restarting the game did nothing, i had to restart the pc

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,380 battles

No, sound like it is by your side. Maybe check your route and what background downloads you have.

[TCNF]
Players
70 posts
1,935 battles
1 minute ago, Flavio1997 said:

i don't have problem of lag, but for some reason, withouth notice, my ingame performance plummet fps wise, in the match i just played in my kronstad, after using radar my fps got from 70 to 20 for no apparent reason, ever restarting the game did nothing, i had to restart the pc

I restarted my pc ... nothing has changed^^ on the beginning of the game, i get a normal fps (15)but after 1min, boum it explodes...

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
753 posts
7,160 battles
7 minutes ago, Dukewerth1 said:

I restarted my pc ... nothing has changed^^ on the beginning of the game, i get a normal fps (15)but after 1min, boum it explodes...

are you really playing the game at 15 fps? is a slideshow:Smile_amazed:

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles

Lets guess you have mods installed?

Spent the morning killing bots, everything is fine, clean your PC...

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles

He ment ping probably.

You should do a traceroute to wows server.. only that way you can see where the problem is.

CMD: tracert login1.worldofwarships.eu

Or use a pingplotter or some similar software:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/10252/

Its either your router (you will see packet loss on first few lines - reset it), your ISP (first hop outside of your LAN - call them so they check any losses) or a problem on any of the hubs, where you cant do much about it, but wait so they fix it.

If you see the bulk of loss on the final line (WOWs server), then and only then its WG fault.

Here is an example:

Each hop is pinged 3 times (thats why each line has 3 results)

1540858421_2019-01-2413_11_14-Administrator_C__Windows_System32_cmd_exe.png.996f74b40774b31fc184fde32c359637.png

(red part is my LAN)

(blue are all the routers between my LAN and WOWs server)

(green is WOWs EU server)

Here you can see that it took around 32ms to reach WoWS EU server from my PC.

• Cool 1

[WGP2W]
1,444 posts
10,011 battles
10 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

He ment ping probably.

You should do a traceroute to wows server.. only that way you can see where the problem is.

Its either your router (you will see packet loss on first few lines - reset it), your ISP (first hop outside of your LAN - call them so they check any losses) or a problem on any of the hubs, where you cant do much about it, but wait so they fix it.

If you see the bulk of loss on the final line (WOWs server), then and only then its WG fault.

My ISP didnt know to fix problem. Guy from clan did it.  It was something about router options. Lol.

[FAILS]
Players
110 posts
13,028 battles

I got a slightly different problem: Just after loggin the game crashed and I had to restart. Tried three times, same result, then just gave up for now. I think it has to do with performance though, since I get a black screen and my laptop's fan is running wild for a second before crashing. It worked just fine yesterday evening.

Will try again after getting back from work and see what happens.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,824 posts
7,574 battles
4 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

I got a slightly different problem: Just after loggin the game crashed and I had to restart. Tried three times, same result, then just gave up for now. I think it has to do with performance though, since I get a black screen and my laptop's fan is running wild for a second before crashing. It worked just fine yesterday evening.

Will try again after getting back from work and see what happens.

Could be a HW issue, yet you would notice that also on other games.

Try repairing the game. There is an option in the game center launcher to repair the game.

[FAILS]
Players
110 posts
13,028 battles
13 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Could be a HW issue, yet you would notice that also on other games.

Try repairing the game. There is an option in the game center launcher to repair the game.

I tried two other games with (normally) higher hardware requirements, no issues. Will try repair when I get back home, thanks for the tip.

• Cool 1

Players
596 posts
6,585 battles
8 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

I tried two other games with (normally) higher hardware requirements, no issues. Will try repair when I get back home, thanks for the tip.

Or perhaps dust inside your laptop?

[TCNF]
Players
70 posts
1,935 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

He ment ping probably.

Here is an example:

Each hop is pinged 3 times (thats why each line has 3 results)

1540858421_2019-01-2413_11_14-Administrator_C__Windows_System32_cmd_exe.png.996f74b40774b31fc184fde32c359637.png

(red part is my LAN)

(blue are all the routers between my LAN and WOWs server)

(green is WOWs EU server)

Here you can see that it took around 32ms to reach WoWS EU server from my PC.

Yeap, ping.

and to be honnest, this is chinese for me :d

but it's weird because you say it requires 32ms, but my average is 15 ... (and no mod, nothing, just regular game)

[TCNF]
Players
70 posts
1,935 battles

Did the test with pingplotter and i'm at the limit but I only use 4g and I used 4g before.

Here is the test with the software

login1.worldofwarships.eu.png