Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
creolasabra

Petition

18 comments in this topic

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts
3,675 battles

I want a simple button that changes all hideous camouflages to variations of "Type 1, 2 & 5" with the tick on one checkbox, without having to sacrifice the benefits of the bonuses. Yeah, I know there are a lot of talented artists at WG, but I'm not that fond of seeing a big metal eagle or blue-hued futuristic phallus sailing around on the high-seas.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Modder
1,649 posts
3,502 battles
8 hours ago, MrFingers said:

I want a simple button that changes all hideous camouflages to variations of "Type 1, 2 & 5" with the tick on one checkbox, without having to sacrifice the benefits of the bonuses. 

And these are not hideous? Did I miss something? 

• Boring 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
181 posts
3,670 battles

A “De Grasse” style camo on Henri IV would be an instant 5000 doubloons buy for me :cap_money:

• Cool 2

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles

I just want to be able to use the camo bonuses but to be able to see the ship in its dull greyish color

Players
549 posts

While I would like to see ships painted in the proper historical camos... dare I speak my mind because as soon as I do some kind soul will be quick to point out this game is an arcade game not a simulation. (Just wait till we can get Pikachu edition camos!)

Modder
1,649 posts
3,502 battles
39 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

While I would like to see ships painted in the proper historical camos... dare I speak my mind because as soon as I do some kind soul will be quick to point out this game is an arcade game not a simulation. (Just wait till we can get Pikachu edition camos!)

"It's just an arcade" is certainly not a valid excuse for ugliness...but people tend to use that stupid sentence for everything.

• Cool 1

[PN]
Players
152 posts
2,623 battles
3 hours ago, MrFingers said:

I want a simple button that changes all hideous camouflages to variations of "Type 1, 2 & 5" with the tick on one checkbox, without having to sacrifice the benefits of the bonuses

The official ModStation has a Mod that does exactly that.

It removes all camos and it doesn't sacrifice the benefits of the bonuses.

What you see is the dull gray.

This is kind of a hick up because in port you don't know if you have a camo on or not. So, you risk getting in a battle without camo.

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

(Just wait till we can get Pikachu edition camos!)

Well, there's always the yellow Back-2-School camo. I kinda like that one, even if it's not that great.

1 hour ago, puxflacet said:

"It's just an arcade" is certainly not a valid excuse for ugliness...but people tend to use that stupid sentence for everything.

It's not an excuse for bad camo design, but it's a good excuse for sweet camos like the ARP ships neon colours.

1 hour ago, Excavatus said:

I just want to be able to use the camo bonuses but to be able to see the ship in its dull greyish color

48 minutes ago, Saltface said:

What you see is the dull gray.

This is kind of a hick up because in port you don't know if you have a camo on or not. So, you risk getting in a battle without camo.

You mean the dull rusted un-camoed ships, right? That's also kinda ugly. If you want a rusted and dilapidated camo there're better options in the Bismarck's From the Bottom of the Ocean camo or the Mogami's halloween squid camo.

But if you like gray ships there's the For Meritorious Service camo. It's got that elegant and clean light gray colour. It's also awesome for credit farming. Sadly, it's not given out a lot, to say the least.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles
4 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

Well, there's always the yellow Back-2-School camo. I kinda like that one, even if it's not that great.

It's not an excuse for bad camo design, but it's a good excuse for sweet camos like the ARP ships neon colours.

You mean the dull rusted un-camoed ships, right? That's also kinda ugly. If you want a rusted and dilapidated camo there're better options in the Bismarck's From the Bottom of the Ocean camo or the Mogami's halloween squid camo.

But if you like gray ships there's the For Meritorious Service camo. It's got that elegant and clean light gray colour. It's also awesome for credit farming. Sadly, it's not given out a lot, to say the least.

no I mean the navy gray..

all the navies around the world have their own Gray color for their ships..
most of them are very similar.

I grew up in a navy base, as a son of a navy pilot..
I want to see that original color on the ships.. thats all :)

I want to to be able to turn of all the camo visuals... that way I can wear camos to get bonuses.. but not see them

but I am not holding my breath for this first world problem of mine :)

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles
2 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

no I mean the navy gray..

I'm not sure which ones of the fifty shades of gray those are, but if the camo isn't all rusted like the noob-no-camo option, then I'm sure it's fine.

[PN]
Players
152 posts
2,623 battles
3 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

I want to to be able to turn of all the camo visuals... that way I can wear camos to get bonuses.. but not see them

read what I wrote about the Mod

1 hour ago, Saltface said:

The official ModStation has a Mod that does exactly that.

And now for the fun part

de gustibus et de coloribus non disputandum est

also Martin Heidegger and Nietzsche have something to say about aesthetics.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles
7 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

I'm not sure which ones of the fifty shades of gray those are, but if the camo isn't all rusted like the noob-no-camo option, then I'm sure it's fine.

image.png.736aaa072f86a389a3ce73568b901220.png

• Cool 1

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles

@Excavatus Yeah. I thought it was something like that. It really should be the no camo option rather than the noob-rust crap we have now.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,206 posts
5,572 battles
33 minutes ago, Runegrem said:

@Excavatus Yeah. I thought it was something like that. It really should be the no camo option rather than the noob-rust crap we have now.

when you think about the concept of WWI and II ships..
just in battle conditions,
a little rust over there.. and a small dent here.. can be acceptable..

But Yeah.. I want my dull grey pristine navy color :)

with camo bonuses ofcourse!

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
71 posts
2,051 battles
4 hours ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

What have I done! :Smile_ohmy:

giant_pikachu_mascots_in_boat_for_pikachu_outbreak_2018_science_is_amazing.jpg

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this