You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MortenTardo

Yelling at CV's for no fighter cover (rework)

48 comments in this topic

Players
1,525 posts
13,317 battles

We all know we like to blame CV's for everything. So i will just give everyone a heads up. If you ask a CV for fighter support and you get a green circle around you (you can see it on the minimap and ingame), that is your aircover. If you leave that circle it is your own stupid @ss fault so no point raging in chat. :Smile_Default:

Cheers

• Cool 4
  • Funny 9

Players
4,051 posts
7,554 battles
5 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

We all know we like to blame CV's for everything. So i will just give everyone a heads up. If you ask a CV for fighter support and you get a green circle around you (you can see it on the minimap and ingame), that is your aircover. If you leave that circle it is your own stupid @ss fault so no point raging in chat. :Smile_Default:

Cheers

What is this minimap you're talking about and how do you get rid of it?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 21

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,891 posts
14,231 battles

Also note that that green cover is useless because the enemy CV can just summon his own fighter to deal with that.

So fighter cover effectively doesn't exist in the game anymore. Have fun!

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
4,224 posts
5,179 battles
57 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Cheers

I thought non-CVs can't see those green circles anymore.

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,367 posts
16,858 battles

There's no point giving aircover to teammates. They're gonna die anyways. Better to keep them at hand as instant counter to enemy fighters so you can keep farming damage at leisure.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles

Some things will never change man. 

CV's are useless, DD's are useless, BB's are useless, CA's are useless. Everyone is useless! :cap_haloween:

• Funny 4

Players
689 posts
12,730 battles

they all hoped rework will save them, but cvs are coming back stroger than ever:cap_cool: enjoy getting your assess whooped cv haters :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,876 posts
6,022 battles
8 minutes ago, SexyCroat said:

enjoy getting your assess whooped cv haters

or... they will just stop playing the day 0.8.0 hits the server. Then what you gonna do :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 2

Players
1,064 posts
8,541 battles
45 minutes ago, 44smok said:

There's no point giving aircover to teammates. They're gonna die anyways. Better to keep them at hand as instant counter to enemy fighters so you can keep farming damage at leisure.

Excuse me for saying this, I know that I am possibly mistaken, but shouldn't one be more concerned with killing the enemy torpedo bombers and normal bombers first? I mean, again I could be entirely wrong, but I was under the impression that fighters don't actually do any damage to ships, unless they can now strafe the ships too, I know silly me, probably got it all in a muddle..

But... I don't think I have you know.

Players
4,051 posts
7,554 battles
6 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Excuse me for saying this, I know that I am possibly mistaken, but shouldn't one be more concerned with killing the enemy torpedo bombers and normal bombers first? I mean, again I could be entirely wrong, but I was under the impression that fighters don't actually do any damage to ships, unless they can now strafe the ships too, I know silly me, probably got it all in a muddle..

But... I don't think I have you know.

Summoned fighters don't do damage to ships, but they can be easily countered by enemy CV summoning his own fighters, so you're back to square one - CV free to molest warboats. And from my experience from PTS, dive and torpedo bombers are the most susceptible to casualties from AA as they need to spend some time flying somewhat predictably to drop their ordnance. You have to extra special to suffer massive casualties in one go when controlling rocket planes.

And as planes are now unlimited, but with slow replenishment, to deplane CV you need to find volunteer who will just keep tossing his planes at pockets with most AA or fighter cover.

Players
1,542 posts
10,817 battles
3 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Cheers

Hmm...isn't that the circle which is removed from non-CV players minimap as of PTS 3.0 you mean?

Cause you know, it's the one WG thinks is irrelevant for non CV players? :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,525 posts
13,317 battles
3 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Hmm...isn't that the circle which is removed from non-CV players minimap as of PTS 3.0 you mean?

Cause you know, it's the one WG thinks is irrelevant for non CV players? :Smile_trollface:

Really? They removed that? I have not tested anything other than CV's on the latest PTS,  but if that is the case... WG fix your $hit! 

[UN]
Weekend Tester
871 posts
20,513 battles

I think I will keep yelling anyway. :D And hover above a dd with my full blop of planes for perma spotting as a cv. :-)

• Funny 1

Players
1,102 posts
7,403 battles
3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Also note that that green cover is useless because the enemy CV can just summon his own fighter to deal with that

Ha! In CV Rework 4.0 there will be land bases from which ships can call in their own fighter cover without having to rely on CVs. So there!

• Funny 3

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Basing solely of what I've seen on the PTS streams so I completely assuming I'm wrong (also hoping that thoroughly): do those fighters actually do something other than give tourist fly around tours? Cause if I didn't know better the attack plane squadron only needs it's player to roll it's face slightly in the wasd direction to avoid it completely in a time limit of 30 seconds.

Edit: and in which universe there are CV players who actually help their teammates? Even in the current meta I have seem those like once or twice in my 11.709 matches?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,891 posts
14,231 battles
4 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

do those fighters actually do something other than give tourist fly around tours?

You need to stay ~10 seconds in the circle before the fighter starts attacking.

That means you're only really safe in the middle of the circle. Be at the edge of it and the enemy CV will have to take a seriously stupid approach path to get tagged by fighters.

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

You need to stay ~10 seconds in the circle before the fighter starts attacking.

That means you're only really safe in the middle of the circle. Be at the edge of it and the enemy CV will have to take a seriously stupid approach path to get tagged by fighters.

OK thanks. Didn't know that. Glad to have been proven wrong there. Still not counting on that 1/10000 matches where my CV will actually do that though. Yes I know you would but what are the odds of having you on my team?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
803 posts
18,520 battles
5 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

OK thanks. Didn't know that. Glad to have been proven wrong there. Still not counting on that 1/10000 matches where my CV will actually do that though. Yes I know you would but what are the odds of having you on my team?

Im pretty sure he wouldnt, unless its game's end and its needed to win. Saving them to save attack planes is priority i guess.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
1 minute ago, Profilus said:

Im pretty sure he wouldnt, unless its games end and its neededto win. Saving them to save attack planes is priority i guess.

I don't agree. @El2aZeR  knows what he's doing in a CV. Play to win. He'd sacrifice me only if it would mean protecting a more important target in order for us to win the match. I dare vouch for that cause I've seen it.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
803 posts
18,520 battles
4 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I don't agree. @El2aZeR  knows what he's doing in a CV. Play to win. He'd sacrifice me only if it would mean protecting a more important target in order for us to win the match. I dare vouch for that cause I've seen it.

In current version yes. But after rework his fighters will be limited amount of consumable.

Edit: and he needs certain squad to launch that consumable.

Players
1,542 posts
10,817 battles
1 hour ago, MortenTardo said:

Really? They removed that? I have not tested anything other than CV's on the latest PTS,  but if that is the case... WG fix your $hit! 

hmm i was sure I saw that somewhere in the pts changelog, but now i cant find it. Might be i'm really trolling. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,815 posts
5,688 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

time limit of 30 seconds.

Judging from Flamu playing, they changed this to 60 seconds, and removed the -40% penalty from the dual catapult fighter skill

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,891 posts
14,231 battles
2 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Judging from Flamu playing, they changed this to 60 seconds, and removed the -40% penalty from the dual catapult fighter skill

Can confirm.

New problem tho: Reduced number of planes not only means pitiful DPS (you can easily make an extra attack run while being tagged by fighters), fewer planes get shot down, too.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,815 posts
5,688 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Can confirm.

New problem tho: Reduced number of planes not only means pitiful DPS (you can easily make an extra attack run while being tagged by fighters), fewer planes get shot down, too.

Yeah, they went from;

"oh sh*t! Fighters!"

To

"oh yeah, fighters"

[FDUSH]
Players
1,171 posts
6,741 battles

It will be soo fun when there will be lots of threads about cvs being more op than ever.
sorry, but all those who complained earned it.

• Cool 2