You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

The New Aircraft Carriers: How Best to Use Them? - Discussion Thread

135 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles

I think WG is already overestimating their target audience's patience and willfullness to read such a large article.

Should've made a video with Dasha prancing around to extend their attention span. Not too revealing clothes though, otherwise they won't pay attention to the informations in favour of her fuel tanks and torpedo bulges.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 16

[K-P-M]
[K-P-M]
Players
330 posts
2,203 battles

No more "planespotting" of torpedoes? I just got used to that lovely mechanic.......^^

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SHEN]
Players
83 posts
11,021 battles

I overall like the rework, but geez let us control our carrier, it's pure cat piss without it

• Cool 6

Players
69 posts
19,713 battles

Honestly, I think this article is useless to read it!
The change of the aircraft carriers, has started very badly, and therefore learn to use the new carriers that will be heavily modified in the next updates will be a waste of time.

The reactions of the majority of players who have tried this change is negative (both for those who play on aircraft carriers and for those who play on other ships), so I still do not understand this absurd hurry to bring this change immediately live.:Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 12
  • Bad 2

[HDMS]
[HDMS]
Players
9 posts

Now we just need a explanation of why wg ruined the game with that stupid unrealistic buff of cv, making it nearly impossible to play dd :Smile_sad::Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 5

[GALES]
[GALES]
Players
33 posts
2,737 battles

To fly a plane, game to world or warplanes, in this game ships are navigated. I have read slowly and several times the summary of the changes and I do not like anything. I am going to try the new system but it seems to me that I will never play carrier again. And how much this new situation overwhelms me until I uninstall the game.

• Cool 6

Players
177 posts
6,449 battles

So for AA defense, what does this mean?? 

"Permanent damage from AA defense mounts is always equally effective, regardless of the number of squadrons within range of the AA defenses."

[RO-RO]
Players
9 posts
4,571 battles

Things like this make wonder why i started to play this game. Now you upgraded an already impossibly buffed enemy to immortality. How can a DD player stand a chance against a CV?

Your game is getting stupid because you people are getting... well... stupid-er.

• Cool 6

[LMAO]
Beta Tester
9 posts
1,342 battles

I, for one, welcome these changes

The carrier is a rare sight nowadays (not a bad thing) and this will further reduce the impact a lone CV will have in a game

Thankyou WG!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Players
177 posts
6,449 battles
32 minutes ago, Salty_Slug said:

The carrier is a rare sight nowadays (not a bad thing) and this will further reduce the impact a lone CV will have in a game

Thankyou WG!

Why? A CV will have more impact in the game and a CV will not be able to fight another CV (in the air) so it will be OP for sure.

• Cool 1

Players
33 posts

I regard option to make CV more playable for all players with less impact on whole game. If game need more balance,so be it and dont rush with update. Also article is boring to read and too long. Video would be more easy to understand. If a most of ST and pro players agree that update is ready,so be it. If they dont,than prolong update and make it shine no matter if this is PT v3 or it will need few more. At least,80% of new game shold not be doubtable. 20% or less can be acceptable to corrections.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
37 minutes ago, Salty_Slug said:

Thankyou WG!

Erm, without meaningfull counterplay it will INCREASE the impact of any CV in the game. AND you get more per match.

• Cool 3

[FURY-]
Players
5 posts
3,021 battles

How to use aircraft carriers:

1. Log in game

2. Don't play CVs

3. Play literally any other ship class

4. ???

5. Profit

• Cool 1

[GRSLS]
Players
32 posts
9,204 battles

Well there is only 1 way to put this.... Most of the players are negative and the rest (including myself) DO NOT REALLY CARE.....

The UI has become more resource demanding and on a PC or laptop that can barely haddle the client as it is and give a decent 40-45fps the new CV UI is going to give not more than 20fps or it will completely crash (i have made such a test myself and it was not pleaseant).

The new CV mechanics are more complicated than the previous ones ad since i have encountered noumerous CV players that did not even know what a manual drop was, i am quite doubtfull if someone is willing to dedicate the equivalent of studying for 1 year at the airforce academy so as to start grasping the reworked CV UI and gameplay....Not to mention the REDUCED control that you may have on the CV navigation and AA prioritisation. 

In this respect you may lose a big portion of the CV dedicated players and as far as new players are concerned they will never go beyond Tier 6, therefore a probable loss on both fronts.

As i see this, the gap between a good and a bad CV player will be more profound and the possible toxicity that this may develop may as well have a negative impact on the number of CV players.

Apart from that GJ (thumbs up), looks very nice on the graphics side, thank you but i will not touch it on the live server.

• Cool 1

[NSVE]
Players
55 posts
6,054 battles

Well well welcome to World of Aircraft Carriers. 

As in the real ww2 world? (NOT) ordinary ships are now totally vulnerable to the overpowering might of the unending plane resource.

There is no defence - they just keep coming and coming - the only thing your  CV can do is to take theirs out ASAP.

Welcome X-Boxers. This new game is for you!

• Cool 1

[LEWD]
Players
15 posts
15,653 battles
3 hours ago, Aotearas said:

I think WG is already overestimating their target audience's patience and willfullness to read such a large article.

Should've made a video with Dasha prancing around to extend their attention span. Not too revealing clothes though, otherwise they won't pay attention to the informations in favour of her fuel tanks and torpedo bulges.

MMMMMM bulgesssssssss

• Funny 1

[S-F-C]
[S-F-C]
Players
7 posts
1,257 battles

I have a very good idea keep it the way its with the cv's and send the rework down the  depths of the pacific. before the rework you had to be carful about  hanger planes and what to not attack(such as crusier with def aa). now you can kill the whole enemy with infinite planes. where is the fun in that? 

[NSVE]
Players
55 posts
6,054 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Erm, without meaningfull counterplay it will INCREASE the impact of any CV in the game. AND you get more per match.

Totally agree - how can you counter this in a normal ship?

[ANVIL]
[ANVIL]
Beta Tester
97 posts
7,743 battles

Utter rubbish... taking OP carriers and making them more OP whilst nerfing AA on ships.  In real life do those manning aa guns run from one side of ship to other, only able to fire from one side of ship at time.  The dd who has to be agile and constantly change direction, now has to switch aa direction 689 times during match.

Pathetic.  Give me the refund for midway research, give me refund for 2 prem carriers I have.

only reason i had carriers was because i was sick of the op carriers, used fighters to shut them down.  Now can’t even do that.

reasoning is to make carriers simpler, who are this simple players who are not able to understand carriers in current form.  Seem to be plenty of i win button carriers in game now.

Time to shift the hundreds/thousands spend on this game to another.

The fix, was to remove carriers from the game.  That would have been better than this rubbish.

• Cool 6

Players
32 posts
10,810 battles

Couldnt be less interested in CV's now if i tried. Every month that goes by, WG try to ruin the game that little bit more. As a player since 2015 i dont know how much longer i can continue pouring money and time into a game im enjoying less and less. Why do you do this WG?

• Cool 3

Players
4 posts
1,686 battles

Hey, I have much shorter post- rework CV guide :)

Righ click on your CV icon somewhere at the bottom of the screen while in port, choose "Sell" option and confirm your choice. Repeat the process with every CV you own. Congratulations! You just get rid of WoWS biggest problem! Now you can enjoy 100% proper World Of Warships experience, moreover you won't ruin the fun for other players, hopefully making the community friendlier! :) Good luck and fair seas! :)

• Cool 6