Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Camouflage Design Contest - Leningrad [RESULTS] - Discussion Thread

17 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
Players
3,304 posts
11,609 battles

I'm happy that the winning design isn't the worst offender *edited*

Save for the icons on the funnel it reminds me of the Oleg.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,157 posts
10,966 battles
On 1/23/2019 at 3:52 PM, Aragathor said:

I'm happy that the winning design isn't the worst offender *edited*

Save for the icons on the funnel it reminds me of the Oleg.

I happened to even vote this one if I remember correctly - it has a nice feel to it with the palette etc. As for propaganda... Well, personally I'm one of the people who believe that if swastikas and Rising Sun are banned then so should the hammer and sickle (although I'd prefer all of them to appear since the basic game is supposed to have historical decoration) - but I'm willing to compromise and a small Lenin hanging on the funnel of Leningrad seems somewhat ok :Smile-_tongue:

...the one thing that worries me is that they might use exactly the same camo for Minsk. I hope they notice the peculiarity and make the Minsk version without Lenin to distinguish the ship with very particular namesake and one without it.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,304 posts
11,609 battles
On 1/23/2019 at 4:37 PM, eliastion said:

I happened to even vote this one if I remember correctly - it has a nice feel to it with the palette etc. As for propaganda... Well, personally I'm one of the people who believe that if swastikas and Rising Sun are banned then so should the hammer and sickle (although I'd prefer all of them to appear since the basic game is supposed to have historical decoration) - but I'm willing to compromise and a small Lenin hanging on the funnel of Leningrad seems somewhat ok :Smile-_tongue:

...the one thing that worries me is that they might use exactly the same camo for Minsk. I hope they notice the peculiarity and make the Minsk version without Lenin to distinguish the ship with very particular namesake and one without it.

*edited*

Good point on the Minsk. Using the same skin on both wouldn't fit. The Minsk camo should be modified.

Edited by G_Bg_82
edited due to off topic content
  • Bad 1

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
21 posts
905 battles

So the winning design is basically all black with a few bits of grey camo on superstructure.

Pretty crap if you ask me.

There were loads of better looking designs IMO.

• Cool 2

Players
44 posts
955 battles

Funny thing european local voting results was never announced- we got no idea who got how many votes....

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,074 posts
30,415 battles
31 minutes ago, Smegger213 said:

So the winning design is basically all black with a few bits of grey camo on superstructure.

Pretty crap if you ask me.

There were loads of better looking designs IMO.

I share the same opinion. I think the winning camo should've been " Cryptonide " design. There was so much work done into it and the colors were relaxing to the eyes.

• Cool 1

[LIGMA]
Alpha Tester
21 posts
905 battles
1 hour ago, Myszauke said:

Funny thing european local voting results was never announced- we got no idea who got how many votes....

It tells you in the article how many votes each design got.

EG Torpeditis, who I voted for, got 4599 votes.

Torpeditis

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
26 posts
2,812 battles
18 hours ago, Myszauke said:

image.png

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Congrats to the winner. And like I posted: this was the most horrible choice I had to make. Because I found them all so freaking awesome!

[NEKO]
Players
51 posts
5,473 battles
On 1/24/2019 at 8:41 PM, Valinrista said:

And this is why you shouldn't let the people vote, they have poor taste :c

Exactly ...

but one can say it is the new trend all around the world now (Trump, Orban, Conte, etc) ... so we have to try to live with it as good as we can.

Also hoped for C4PIV4RA to win ... only design where the designer managed to somewhat closest to nail the DESIGN with something resembling the soviet avant-garde and suprematism characteristic for starting years of Soviet Union (not just soviet symbols arranged in artful manner, which is somewhat lame). 

Looked like, as usual in Europe, there is still hope as there is still more taste in average :) ... 

But the winning design ... black ship with gold sprinkled everywhere? How it is related to siege of Leningrad? Color of mourning with attached luxury? Does not fit. At that era it would've been more proper to have something with mad bravado - to show power and determination in almost ridiculous level - pure propaganda - more beaten up and on the verge of losing, the more powerful the symbolism. C4P had that - very dynamic, symbols proper for the era (not mixed bag of late-soviet stuff or references to totally irrelevant events like Kursk or Winter War).Damn, I would have bought that camo. I like that damn ship :) It also has history with my home town ...

[SHEN]
Players
83 posts
11,021 battles
On 1/25/2019 at 11:00 PM, chahuru said:

Exactly ...

but one can say it is the new trend all around the world now (Trump, Orban, Conte, etc) ... so we have to try to live with it as good as we can.

Also hoped for C4PIV4RA to win ... only design where the designer managed to somewhat closest to nail the DESIGN with something resembling the soviet avant-garde and suprematism characteristic for starting years of Soviet Union (not just soviet symbols arranged in artful manner, which is somewhat lame). 

Looked like, as usual in Europe, there is still hope as there is still more taste in average :) ... 

But the winning design ... black ship with gold sprinkled everywhere? How it is related to siege of Leningrad? Color of mourning with attached luxury? Does not fit. At that era it would've been more proper to have something with mad bravado - to show power and determination in almost ridiculous level - pure propaganda - more beaten up and on the verge of losing, the more powerful the symbolism. C4P had that - very dynamic, symbols proper for the era (not mixed bag of late-soviet stuff or references to totally irrelevant events like Kursk or Winter War).Damn, I would have bought that camo. I like that damn ship :) It also has history with my home town ...

Every other camos were better looking, and more importantly every other camo had more worked done on it. I open the model in paint, plain black add 2 PNGs on the funnel, work done. I'm gutted for the artists that actually put work, skill and thought in their great looking creation for this thing to be voted first.

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,465 posts

This is why I don't even look at these contests; exactly the level of 'glorious Soviet Union' memery I expected. Well, almost as much; surprisingly there are some actual camouflages worthy of the name in the runners up. A lot of the 'propaganda' designs do look nice enough in and of themselves, but in the context of being put on a 'real' warship in a historically-themed game are totally off-base.

You ought to have already renamed 'camouflages' to just 'paintjobs', or something to that effect, during the Go Navy event.

Players
12 posts

I thought the perma camo you could earn for Minsk with the ''Lifting the Siege'' mission that required you to complete 10 daily mission chains would be this camo from the contest but instead i got the standard Minsk perma camo. Is this what was supposed to happen?