Juvasama

Low frame rate

15 comments in this topic

Question

[INQUI]
Players
7 posts
2,366 battles

Hello everyone, recently bought a new pc from a friend for a quite cheap price. Installed world of warship. At the beginning of game, having stable 80 fps on ultra settings. But as soon as enemy ships appear fps goes to between 35-50. Lowering settings doesn't affect fps really noticeable. 

System is, 

AMD-FX 8320 3.5gHZ

MSI 1050TI 4GB

CORSAIR VENGEANCE (4X2) DDR3 RAM

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 MOBO

600W PSU. 

Thanks for replies. 

14 answers to this question

[IDDQD]
Players
1,781 posts
16,139 battles

I got this last week for two days.... then I noticed that Im running on background Forza Horizon 4 and forgot to shut it down, then FPS went to normal numbers :Smile_trollface:

seriously: Clear dust from cooling. It can be that your grafic card is overheating. Did you check temperatures when FPS drops happened? 

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,204 posts
2,462 battles
5 minutes ago, Juvasama said:

Hello everyone, recently bought a new pc from a friend for a quite cheap price. Installed world of warship. At the beginning of game, having stable 80 fps on ultra settings. But as soon as enemy ships appear fps goes to between 35-50. Lowering settings doesn't affect fps really noticeable. 

System is, 

AMD-FX 8320 3.5gHZ

MSI 1050TI 4GB

CORSAIR VENGEANCE (4X2) DDR3 RAM

ASUS M5A97 EVO R2.0 MOBO

600W PSU. 

Thanks for replies. 

Try removing any mods you have installed. If that doesn't help. check your client integrity.

And of course make sure all your drivers are up to date.

[INQUI]
Players
7 posts
2,366 battles
2 saat önce, Quetak dedi:

I got this last week for two days.... then I noticed that Im running on background Forza Horizon 4 and forgot to shut it down, then FPS went to normal numbers :Smile_trollface:

seriously: Clear dust from cooling. It can be that your grafic card is overheating. Did you check temperatures when FPS drops happened? 

I just cleared it already, gpu heat is around 40 50 max,  usage is %75~ when fps drops.😁

[INQUI]
Players
7 posts
2,366 battles
2 saat önce, Fat_Maniac dedi:

Try removing any mods you have installed. If that doesn't help. check your client integrity.

And of course make sure all your drivers are up to date.

I used to have mods. But recently game is running as its stock. And drivers are up to date. Gpu and mobo i mean. Idk what else to update 

[IDDQD]
Players
1,781 posts
16,139 battles
1 minute ago, Juvasama said:

I just cleared it already, gpu heat is around 40 50 max,  usage is %75~ when fps drops.😁

thats ok, until 80°C you should be okay.

What about Windows? Do you have fresh instalation? 

Try to place warships on another harddrive(SSD ideally) if you have any. 

Try to run another game if it has also problems.

PC problems are hard to solve remotely, it can be bilion of things. 

[INQUI]
Players
7 posts
2,366 battles
2 dakika önce, Quetak dedi:

thats ok, until 80°C you should be okay.

What about Windows? Do you have fresh instalation? 

Try to place warships on another harddrive(SSD ideally) if you have any. 

Try to run another game if it has also problems.

PC problems are hard to solve remotely, it can be bilion of things. 

Win10 is also up do date. Having similar issues in several games. Like, 200 fps in LOL launch but 110 120 ingame. 60 fps t ring of elysium launch but 40 50 when buildings appear. But totally stable in games like bf3 bf4 smite etc. 

[IDDQD]
Players
1,781 posts
16,139 battles

Win10 is also up do date.

when you bought this PC did you keep Win or did you make new fresh instalation on clean hard drive? 

[PMI]
Players
2,484 posts
5,882 battles
21 minutes ago, Juvasama said:

Win10 is also up do date. Having similar issues in several games. Like, 200 fps in LOL launch but 110 120 ingame. 60 fps t ring of elysium launch but 40 50 when buildings appear. But totally stable in games like bf3 bf4 smite etc. 

So you found the culprit yourself, its your hardware.

Case closed...

[INQUI]
Players
7 posts
2,366 battles
18 dakika önce, Quetak dedi:

when you bought this PC did you keep Win or did you make new fresh instalation on clean hard drive? 

I had win 10 installed when i bought and kept it. And no, didnt clean harddrive. Just added 1050ti and updated it after i bought it

[IDDQD]
Players
1,781 posts
16,139 battles

I had win 10 installed when i bought and kept it. And no, didnt clean harddrive. Just added 1050ti and updated it after i bought it

this could be your problem. There could be some old GPU drivers somewhere in registers. Maybe there was AMD grafic previously - it makes mess when you now have Nvidia. Also windows is slowing down over time, after few years its usualy full of crap that you need reinstalation anyway. If you dont know how old is this Win instalation then just format your harddrive(make backup of important files) and make fresh win instalation, update/instal drivers, instal game. 

I bet that with fresh Win instalation it will be okay. 

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,204 posts
2,462 battles

You don't even have to do a fresh install.

Win10 will let you do the equivalent of a factory reset, you lose all data and apps. Then you can install your GPU drivers and install all your games again.

• Cool 1

[INQUI]
Players
7 posts
2,366 battles
2 saat önce, Quetak dedi:

this could be your problem. There could be some old GPU drivers somewhere in registers. Maybe there was AMD grafic previously - it makes mess when you now have Nvidia. Also windows is slowing down over time, after few years its usualy full of crap that you need reinstalation anyway. If you dont know how old is this Win instalation then just format your harddrive(make backup of important files) and make fresh win instalation, update/instal drivers, instal game. 

I bet that with fresh Win instalation it will be okay. 

Old gpu was also nvdia 740 but thanks i will do what you said😊

[INQUI]
Players
7 posts
2,366 battles
33 dakika önce, Fat_Maniac dedi:

You don't even have to do a fresh install.

Win10 will let you do the equivalent of a factory reset, you lose all data and apps. Then you can install your GPU drivers and install all your games again.

Thank you, will check that out😊

Sign in to follow this