You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Snoww

CV rework hull control

38 comments in this topic

Players
419 posts
9,616 battles

+1 on that one... this will get so many cv's on live get killed it's not even funny anymore.

• Cool 1

Players
199 posts

And yet when you look at Youtube/twitch accounts like Femennenly or farazelleth you never (or al least very very very rarely) see them go back to hull controle (And if they do it's because it's already to late). You even have to start to wonder why WG put so much time in the 3D-models if all they do is click on a map. All that work for nothing (if your a hardcore CV-player). :Smile_sad:

And so far that I know if there are NO planes in the sky you have full controle  of your ship.

[BGBRD]
Players
272 posts
9,299 battles
40 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

And so far that I know if there are NO planes in the sky you have full controle  of your ship.

And this my dear friend is (one of) the big problem(s). 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,869 posts
14,215 battles

+1

I agree that switching to your hull will be something that is rarely done, but it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

• Cool 4

[SSA]
Players
600 posts
16,530 battles
58 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

And yet when you look at Youtube/twitch accounts like Femennenly or farazelleth you never (or al least very very very rarely) see them go back to hull controle (And if they do it's because it's already to late).

1) They rarely need to since they position themselves to stay out of danger in the first place

2) You do know that you can (currently) use WASD in plane-view as well ? No need to switch view to the ship to perform most maneuvers.

But you still HAVE that manual control.

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles
5 minutes ago, rnat said:

You do know that you can (currently) use WASD in plane-view as well ? No need to switch view to the ship to perform most maneuvers.

Maybe they should just allow that by pressing a button.

For really critical stuff you can just go back to your carrier any time by cancelling your current attack.

[-CIA-]
Players
144 posts
16,244 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

automated consumables are ridiculous

I vote to at least have the choice to set consumables to auto or manual

Players
199 posts
9 minutes ago, rnat said:

1) They rarely need to since they position themselves to stay out of danger in the first place

2) You do know that you can (currently) use WASD in plane-view as well ? No need to switch view to the ship to perform most maneuvers.

1/Like I said  I have looked at Youtube /Twitch from Farazelleth. And yes I have heard him [edited] about this a lot. He doesn't like it 1 bit.  But when you actually look at him playing he never use it. What's the problem then? If you play good you don't need it. And if you play bad shouldn't you be punished? How  many times didn't I have a CV that didn't move; Only moved to the back (or behind a island). Or simply sailed toward an enemy DDs (even when you warn them :Smile_facepalm: and they can see them on the minimap). Maybe I gonna change my mind when it's on the life server and not against bots.  But at this moment I don't see many problems especially the fact you have controle of your ship the moment you return your squadron.  And yes you can't park your squadrons while you sail your CV. But didn't you get much faster  planes in return? Also with the new system if your CV is under attack you always have squadrons to protect your ship. In the old system it could be that all your planes were on the other side of the map. It seems that direct controle of the CV isn't the problem but situational awareness of some players. And there isn't  a game mechanic that can fix that.

2/ Looking at the plane-view in the current system  is bad advice. it's a wast of time and you better off not doing it. And good CV-players rarely do it. You better off keeping an eye on enemy ships/planes and the positioning of your other squadrons.It seems a good player never does it.

• Bad 1

Players
3,655 posts
7,328 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

+1

I agree that switching to your hull will be something that is rarely done, but it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Agreed.

I don't see it as a game-breaker but it is annoying at times and I don't see any reason why we should not have it.

[KAKE]
Players
890 posts
3,152 battles
28 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

1/Like I said  I have looked at Youtube /Twitch from Farazelleth. And yes I have heard him [edited] about this a lot. He doesn't like it 1 bit.  But when you actually look at him playing he never use it. What's the problem then?

I've seen a fair few of his youtube vids where he goes back to the CV to dodge torp drops from the other CV. Granted, it's often towards the end of the game, when it's basically CV vs CV and everyone else is dead (which in itself illustrates that there's a serious issue with the rework).

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,155 posts
10,966 battles
31 minutes ago, Milckenbom said:

How  many times didn't I have a CV that didn't move; Only moved to the back (or behind a island).

So make it harder to control your ship properly, making sure even more CV players play the airport simulator. Brilliant.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,168 posts
6,737 battles

I really agree with this, I allways do alot of maneuvering with the CV (hell, I really wish I could manually use the cannons so I could properly use cvs as battle carriers)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,581 posts
6,874 battles
2 hours ago, rnat said:

That plane view WASD is for... planes.

Afaik the only way you control the ship while controlling planes is by setting autopilot commands on the map. And let me tell you, autopilot is bloody useless, especially if there is an island within a few km of you

Players
1,278 posts
9,723 battles
Vor 4 Stunden, The_Reichtangle sagte:

this will get so many cv's on live get killed it's not even funny anymore.

Killing CVs will never be not funny.

(Until they finally go away forever.)

• Cool 1

[-FF-]
Players
662 posts
5,431 battles

I really hope the post will reach the dev.

Since the very 1st beta test, plenty of people reported that and asked for the possibility of manual control.

It makes no sense at all to make the consumables used automatically instead of allowing the player to go back to the carrier while planes are flying. This is such a bad solution.

I don't understand why wargaming is stubborn like that. What is their reason to refuse this?

Easiness of gameplay? Focus on planes only? What a joke. 

[SSA]
Players
600 posts
16,530 battles
2 hours ago, Milckenbom said:

2/ Looking at the plane-view in the current system  is bad advice. it's a wast of time and you better off not doing it. And good CV-players rarely do it. You better off keeping an eye on enemy ships/planes and the positioning of your other squadrons.It seems a good player never does it.

27 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That plane view WASD is for... planes.

Afaik the only way you control the ship while controlling planes is by setting autopilot commands on the map. And let me tell you, autopilot is bloody useless, especially if there is an island within a few km of you

I am talking current CVs. And by plane view i meant the current top-down one. Sry if that confused some folks.

Zooming into the planes is for when you have the enemy CV suppressed and no imminent strike queued (or want to watch a Tirpitz explode from up close)

to get some visual distraction. Even i'm not potato enough to watch the little murder  machines all the time.

I'm willing to concede on the manual steering of the ship while squads are in the air in the rework.

But at least control over consumables should be  granted. Auto dmg con for harmless fires is a bit ridiculous.

That stuff is meant for critical situations only.

Not even gonna get started on the fighters.

If they have to be auto-triggered i'd rather have a constantly replenishing always-on CAP that can get shot down easier.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,006 posts
10,977 battles

Aye come on WG sort it out. It's not enough to give CVs near-total immunity they have to have full immunity. What are you thinking?!?!?!

Beta Tester
2,384 posts
9,213 battles

5dcd232e-1b0a-11e9-9e4d-38eaa735f4cc_1200x.jpg

Will we be able to use WASD to control our ship on Tactical Map (M) @MrConway ?

Edit: Later in the article they say it isn't. Too bad, would have been a good solution.

Players
719 posts
245 battles

Wish you could pos rep stuff more than once per post.

but yes this is something they should keep, also the waste of those 3d models and textures is just plain sad.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,438 posts
8,940 battles

Guys, the dev team knows their player base by now :cap_like:

They didn't get rid of the hulls because air fields won't sell as much as boats.

Also: They said that this will maybe implemented later on.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DIKI]
Players
1,157 posts
295 battles
4 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

@MrConway @Crysantos

we need to be able to switch back and forth between full hull control and plane control. i know this has been a point beaten to death but that is because it is necessary. all the CCs have said that we need hull control and auto pilot simply isnt enough sometimes. currently on the PTS auto pilot isnt able to reverse out of islands... again. also when we need to navigate smaller islands, torps etc. oh and whilst we are on this point. automated consumables are ridiculous. im not going to want to damage con 1 fire or my engine or rudder getting taken out, and i certainly do not want my catapult fighter launched as soon as im spotted. at least give us the option to turn automated consumables and hull control whilst flying planes off and on as this will allow more experienced players to have the control they need and are fully capable of commanding and it will give the new players the option to play will assistance so they can just concentrate on planes whilst they are learning. please pass this on to whoever can do something about this. thankyou.

they are stubborn and will no do that

[ADRIA]
Players
4,581 posts
6,874 battles
37 minutes ago, rnat said:

I am talking current CVs.

And everyone else is talking about the rework. Rather obviously, since with the rework you loose that control ability which this whole thread is about