You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DuneDreamer

Coupons - when and why?

5 comments in this topic

Question

[STARS]
Players
459 posts

I have received several coupons last year. Some come with 10 and other with 30 percent discount, and you are always required to use them within a 3-day period. My question is when and why are they rewarded? Are they granted after a well-played battle or when WG needs to boost profits?

Just curios...

4 answers to this question

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,204 posts
2,467 battles

Mine have tied in with game start anniversary dates. So I got one after a year.

[STARS]
Players
459 posts
1 minute ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Mine have tied in with game start anniversary dates. So I got one after a year. 

I got several at the end of last year and I'm curios to learn why. They can't be all related to anniversary dates.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,204 posts
2,467 battles

I think some are marketing campaigns as well. So if you haven't spent anything in the premium store for a while they can be triggered.

The really annoying bit for me, is when they say - can only be redeemed on selected purchases, but the shop does'nt tell you what counts until you actually start the payment process.

[STARS]
Players
459 posts
3 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I think some are marketing campaigns as well. So if you haven't spent anything in the premium store for a while they can be triggered.

The really annoying bit for me, is when they say - can only be redeemed on selected purchases, but the shop does'nt tell you what counts until you actually start the payment process.

That is true. I do believe that they are related to marketing campaigns but my guess is a bit different from yours. I believe they are triggered for those who have a history of spending on premium shop items. I don't like it that the coupons don't apply to doubloons as well.

Some could be performance-related though....