Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
affondalaflotta

Which game do you go for?

22 comments in this topic

Players
17 posts
991 battles

I just recently got back my PC laptop I use to play WoWs, and almost nothing else. For a long time I had to play on my Mac book and it (as you probably know) drove me near crazy. It was just impossible to play the only battle I deemed worth playing, Random, kicking me out several times per battle and making myself a huge nuisance for my team. The only relief was playing ranked -but sometimes it didn't worked as well- but you cannot play it anytime

So I ended up giving a try to Co-Ops, which i never played after T1. 

Boring as hell, *edited*from anything you find in your path. But better than reload 6 times to see the belly of your upturned ship, and no hits, so i did a bit of it and noticed a LOT of experienced player also do Co-ops. 

Now I wonder, is there something I miss? why some good player with no technical issue should play an inferior game?

Can the experienced guys give me some insight?

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,223 posts
18,530 battles
8 ore fa, affondalaflotta ha scritto:

I just recently got back my PC laptop I use to play WoWs, and almost nothing else. For a long time I had to play on my Mac book and it (as you probably know) drove me near crazy. It was just impossible to play the only battle I deemed worth playing, Random, kicking me out several times per battle and making myself a huge nuisance for my team. The only relief was playing ranked -but sometimes it didn't worked as well- but you cannot play it anytime

Boring as hell, *edited* from anything you find in your path. But better than reload 6 times to see the belly of your upturned ship, and no hits, so i did a bit of it and noticed a LOT of experienced player also do Co-ops. 

Now I wonder, is there something I miss? why some good player with no technical issue should play an inferior game?

1. penalties for afk'ing or tk'ing

2. missions that demands wins

2.1 legendary module grind on t10 (4th? mission stage)

...... aaaand 3.: leisure time, for whatever reason. to me coop is rather dull.

• Cool 3

[_FK_]
Players
33 posts
3,196 battles

Personally don't play co-op but I can see some reasons why others would:

- venting frustrations on bots

- trying out new ships/captain builds

- warm-up game

- snowflake grind

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
8 minutes ago, affondalaflotta said:

Partly because of players like yourself. I mean, look at your stats...

Boring as hell, pounding s**t from anything you find in your path. But better than reload 6 times to see the belly of your upturned ship, and no hits, so i did a bit of it and noticed a LOT of experienced player also do Co-ops. 

Well, if you dont like it, that is fine. For me random feels like wading in diarrhea, with all those "special" players. Again, look at your stats, how do you think your teammates feel about you?

Inferior game? As said, the "inferior" is having to carry 11 nubcakes that could not find their anuses with mirrors and a map, coop you go in, have a few kills and laughs, and back to port after a win without feeling I should not have played.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,417 battles
  1. snowflakes
  2. SNOWFLAKES
  3. having to play 200 or so ships because of snowflakes and minor OCD
  4. Often the very first game in a ship, to see what its about
  5. Fed up with random playerbase (often much worse than the bots IMHO)
  6. Relaxing
  7. missions
  • Cool 6

[ONE2]
Players
2,498 posts
14,581 battles

Personally, I prefer to play Randoms as there is more ship variation and larger teams (also more challenge, of course). But if ever I go to Coop, it is either to test some new ship configuration / captain skill combination for a particular ship OR just because I have a mission to get "1000 secondary hits", for example and I'm feeling just too dam*ned lazy to bother grinding it all in randoms (easy and quick result in half the time in coop). Other than that I have also noticed that SOMETIMES there are players in Coop, who I sincerely wish would stay there permanently, as they are terrible. So I'm guessing some splay Coop just to get easy wins for a bruised ego because they keep getting their b*utts kicked when going against other players (of course, this won't help them either, as you really won't learn to improve your gameplay in Coop).:Smile_Default:

• Cool 2

Players
17 posts
991 battles

Well, I do know i am a noob and a low achiever. I do not pretend to know all reasons, and that's the reason why I ask.

I also could point out, it's just because I was going in and out of the battle most of the times that my stats are like this. you can't sweep the seas with your mighty guns when you aren't connected. Give me a couple of months from  now on and we will see what I am worth. 

Thanks anyway for your deeply considerate piece of mind. I will treasure your most illuminating suggestions to become a better man and captain

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,417 battles
2 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

they are terrible. So I'm guessing some play Coop just to get easy a chance at wins

FTFY

I've seen quite a few co-op players that are fully capable of losing against the bots.

I agree with you though on it not really improving your game. Then again, if you can't even figure out after 100 games how the bots will move around the map... Let's just say some people are just not capable of learning anything.

Spoiler

Also, did I mention snowflakes already?

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,498 posts
14,581 battles

Well, I do know i am a noob and a low achiever. I do not pretend to know all reasons, and that's the reason why I ask.

I also could point out, it's just because I was going in and out of the battle most of the times that my stats are like this. you can't sweep the seas with your mighty guns when you aren't connected. Give me a couple of months from  now on and we will see what I am worth.

HEY! You are talking to a guy, who boasted shameful 30%+ WR all the way up to 1.000 games (don't really wanna talkabbouttiit) so no worries and keep at it. As long as the trend is upwards, no matter how slightly, you're doing just fine lad. :cap_like:

[KAKE]
Players
893 posts
3,175 battles

Coop is nice for farming some of the missions that typically take a lot longer if you try to do them in randoms. Things like scoring a certain number of primary/secondary hits, getting torpedo hits etc. You can usually do them fairly quickly, and without wasting camos and signals.

E.g. the mission to do 250k damage to enemy ships in the PEF took me three or four coop games, it probably would have taken me five-six random games, and those usually last longer as well.

And regarding the aforementioned snowflakes, you can get an easy win even with a crap captain and no special consumables. So it's a good way of knocking snowflakes off ships that you've kept around but don't have good captains for.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,305 posts
11,625 battles

The answer to the question you are more or less asking is, coop can be fun.  And I agree with @Juanx, it's sometimes way better than playing randoms where I often have to play 1 vs. 23, because a lot of the time green dumbos can't play the objective.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WGB]
Players
2,062 posts
26,056 battles
14 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I've seen quite a few co-op players that are fully capable of losing against the bots.

I've been in co-op games where some SU players died within a few minutes of starting, not realising that T10 bots can multi citadel you from 20km whilst in a battle against another human player 5km away. 

• Funny 1

[POTA]
Players
54 posts
4,693 battles

I tend to play the first few games of a new vessel in Co-op to get an idea of how it plays etc.

If I do that then I'm not jumping into a random game with a new ship where I think I'd be a bit of a liability to my team.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,172 posts
11,010 battles
3 hours ago, affondalaflotta said:

(...)

I can say from my perspective - sometimes there is some mission I want done but am not very keen on doing that in Randoms. There are many possibilities:

- "victory" missions when I don't have much time or drive to play seriously

- "secondary hits" missions while I don't really like BBs (and 500 secondary hits won't be done in 1-2 battles, even in Bismarck, especially if you want to play normally and not be too much of a burden on your team)

- knocking off snowflakes from all the high-tier ships I own, not all of them properly configured or with proper captains, some of them absolutely hated by me (and the two often come together - why keep a high-point captain on a ship I won't be willingly going back to)

- damage while sailing specific nation's ship (it's easy to score lots of damage in coop even if you don't really play the nation in question normally)

etc.

- some other grind mission that pops up while I can't really focus on playing (need to put my attention elsewhere/am tired/might be needed at moments notice so can't start a new battle)

Basically, coop can be played with poorly configured ships I don't like and it requires like half or a quarter the brain - I could watch TV at the same time and still perform well in coop. Not to mention that even if I do sometimes manage to mess up spectacularly, it rarely puts the team at a disadvantage - the usual effect is that the rest of the team gets more prey to divide among themselves once I'm out of the picture.

There are times when these qualities have extra value - and then I pick coop.

• Cool 1

Players
276 posts
5,104 battles
8 ore fa, affondalaflotta ha scritto:

Boring as hell, *edited* from anything you find in your path. But better than reload 6 times to see the belly of your upturned ship, and no hits, so i did a bit of it and noticed a LOT of experienced player also do Co-ops. 

Good for knocking the snowflakes off all the low tier ships in port (for the coal) Cant be bothered playing 5 games in the tachibana just for 300 coal. 

Also maybe for getting the feel of the guns ?

Beta Tester
571 posts
3,735 battles

What is co-op? There is only one gamemode that exists, and it's always 1 vs 23. I have heard reports of some people got these things called "friends", and then you can make it 3 vs 21.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,141 battles

Besides the reasons others have already mentioned, if I'm tired and just want to unwind with some mindless blasting, I'll drop into coop (in that frame of mind/state I'm even more of a liability to my team than usual)...

Plus, you can do fun/stupid stuff in coop that would get you killed in short order in a proper mode - not to mention, coop (and scenarios) can make higher tier BBs actually fun; for me, if you try to play them competently, they tend to be dull (for me, anyway).

Players
967 posts
7,565 battles

I play coop a fair bit.

Some missions are MUCH easier in coop. Sometimes I'm missing like 1000xp from a container and feel tired of randoms.

Coop can be fun in its own right if you set yourself challenges beyond winning. I once came heartbreakingly close to killing all eight enemies in a Des Moines. Also taking an Okhotnik and setting up these perfect multi-kill ambushes is fun.

I generally prefer the bots' personalities to the people I see on randoms.

• Cool 3

Players
1,284 posts
9,778 battles

Co-op is the quickest and easiest way to farm many rewards or bonuses, from the first few missions of the daily chain, to Snowflakes if you just have too many damn ships in port, to Mission 4 of the Legendary Upgrade grind. Or Missions that require x-hundred ribbons / secondary hits, although some Operations can be better for that, but these days you can't rely on having enough competent team mates in the random Operations queue.

Also there are times when I just want to derp around and blow stuff up but can't even muster the energy to go sealclubbing, let alone put up with the increasing noob content in Operations.

• Cool 1

Players
560 posts
6,908 battles
On 1/22/2019 at 3:11 AM, affondalaflotta said:

Thanks anyway for your deeply considerate piece of mind. I will treasure your most illuminating suggestions to become a better man and captain

It takes a 1,000 games to learn to play by osmosis if practically none of those games are in BBs. U Tube, multiple ship classes and staying at low tiers are all part of the learning curve. Back on the US server when I was a noob, I ended up with ARP Takao which is a T8 cruiser. At that time I was a bad T6 cruiser player so I only took it out occasionally in co-op. Once I was a passable T7 cruiser player with a hundred games in Myoko I started playing Takao in randoms as well.

As long as you can get your win rate to about 48% you are doing fine. That is about average and where most of the other players are in the game. If you can get better than that go for it. I came across a player recently with 14,000 solo game and a win rate of 70%, but that is very much the exception, not the rule. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,825 posts
7,574 battles

My coop games are mostly to grind stock ships for essential modules and some cpt. retraining.

So I play couple of coop games per day to get that 3-5k xp on the new ship for the modules.

Currently that is the Amagi. I never sail stock ships (or very rarely) in randoms. Just feels bad to me.

Sign in to follow this