Valaskjalv

Secondary guns control

7 comments in this topic

[AL_ST]
Players
2 posts
2,043 battles

I need some help in controlling my secondary guns manually. Currently running the Bismarck, my commander have enabled the Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament. However, when I attack ships within the range of my secondary's they do not fire, even though I press CTRL left-click when aiming the ship. I have not disabled my secondary's by pressing P. What am I doing wrong?

Players
417 posts
3,597 battles

Without a replay, it is hard to say. However, like your main guns, secondary turrets have limited arcs of fire. So for example if you go bow-on, very few, if any, of the secondaries can fire. Show broadside and the number increases.

Other than that, I'm not entirely sure what could be wrong. Maybe they disappeared behind an island? Or were at the extremity of your secondary range?

[AL_ST]
Players
2 posts
2,043 battles

Thank you for quick responding!
I had clear view to the enemy, full broadside and he was clear within range of my secondary's. Just to make sure: I center the enemy in my binocular, press CTRL (the binocular view locks) and then left-click, right? Do I get any confirmation I have selected the enemy for my secondary's?

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,042 battles
13 minutes ago, xante99 said:

Thank you for quick responding!
I had clear view to the enemy, full broadside and he was clear within range of my secondary's. Just to make sure: I center the enemy in my binocular, press CTRL (the binocular view locks) and then left-click, right? Do I get any confirmation I have selected the enemy for my secondary's?

An icon should appear above the target.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,050 posts
9,391 battles
2 hours ago, xante99 said:

I need some help in controlling my secondary guns manually. Currently running the Bismarck, my commander have enabled the Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament. However, when I attack ships within the range of my secondary's they do not fire, even though I press CTRL left-click when aiming the ship. I have not disabled my secondary's by pressing P. What am I doing wrong?

You need keep pressed ctrl and left click on the target. Then there should be "A" icon over the enemy ships and secondaries start shooting

more details in this video

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,134 battles

What others said, plus: you need to click on the 'right' bits of your target; your pointer will change when you're pointing at a part of the target that will register the click. Basically, it's the body of the ship, and not (say) the icon etc. above it.

Players
1,284 posts
9,778 battles
Am 22.1.2019 um 10:33, xante99 sagte:

when I attack ships within the range of my secondary's they do not fire, even though I press CTRL left-click when aiming the ship.

Flambass remarked in a recent video how the German BB secondaries have worse firing arcs than USS Massachusetts, so you need to give a lot more broadside for the German secondaries to open up.

Another possibility is you simply remembering the wrong secondaries range, which can easily happen, just by running out of secondary signals, forgetting to use them, or forgetting you respecced the upgrades and/or captain.

The third one would be user error, clicking the wrong part of the target, but the fourth one is a bug which I had for the longest time, contacted customer support about, multiple times, and Wargaming couldn't fix it until it some day went away of its own accord. Back then, simply nothing happened when I clicked those targets and thus the secondaries just did not get focused on it. But you should recognize that by the respective icon not appearing over the over-the-target marker.