Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

what if survival expert worked like dogfighting expert?

11 comments in this topic

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
175 posts
3,867 battles

instead of a flat per tier based hp buff, what if it worked like dogfighting expert, and buffed soft stats on the ship based on what tier ship is aiming at you?

it couldnt be quite that straight forward without causing other problems, true, this is just for example, but it mould be a lot more useful given the MM issues than 350hp per tier.

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles

Im pretty sure there is a forum for "suggestions" you might want to look it up...

Also, giving a suggestion includes your alternative solution, not vague examples.

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles

What are soft stats when a target is aiming at you?

Cant even imagine anything other than a dispersion debuff if a higher tier ship is shooting you. Nothing else would affect tier difference in any way.

Also 350 HP / tier is quite significant for DDs :fish_book: They gain like 15-20% by that. (well, maybe 10% on the lower tiers)

Its just pretty much useless on all other ships. But not every skill needs to be viable for every ship.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,595 posts
6,879 battles
  • Mostly plays BBs, Cruisers are in clsoe 2nd
  • Whines about SE

I'm pretty sure that skill isn't meant for you :fish_palm:

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
33 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:
  • Whines about SE

Well, I'm seeing more and more BBs with SE skilled captains. Just today it was a NC. Gotta have that 2800 extra HP!

Then again, I'm not fundamentally opposed to have the skill universally applicable across all classes, just needs to change the benefits based on class (they're going that way by making it an airplane HP buff for the new CVs in the rework already). Something like reduced citadel damage for cruisers instead of a flat HP buff, a reduction in fire/flooding damage per damage tick for BBs or something like that.

I mean, it's funny how DD captain builds de facto have 2 captain skills that are must have's (Last Stand and Survivability Expert, the latter at least for everything that's going to actively contest anything), which also happen to be completely useless for basically every other surface ship in the game (though some people swear on LS on their french CAs, which is the only case where LS makes any sense whatsoever on a non-DD ship). The only other exception is CV skills, but CVs play fundamentally different anyway to the point where I wonder why WG doesn't make a specific skilltree just for CV captains ... it's not like someone is going to put his CV captain on a non-CV ship anytime soon anyway, right?

• Cool 3

Players
454 posts
1,635 battles
16 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

it mould be a lot more useful

Speaking as a DD fan, I'm afraid I have to disagree on this point. I'm not sure what soft stats you want to buff, but that extra HP is excellent value for captain points, and I really struggle to think what buffs to 'soft stats' would be more useful.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
1,090 posts
14,194 battles

I acctually use SE on some mid tier CAs, not that you have much better choices to spend those 3 pt on anyway and since you have no heal every bit of hp helps, ofc other survival skills are there as well

[ADRIA]
Players
4,595 posts
6,879 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Well, I'm seeing more and more BBs with SE skilled captains. Just today it was a NC. Gotta have that 2800 extra HP!

What always amuses me are the Stalingrads in CB with Ovechkins improved SE (+4k hp), there's so many of them lately

l2f5l.jpg

5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

though some people swear on LS on their french CAs, which is the only case where LS makes any sense whatsoever on a non-DD ship

Charles Baguette and St.Baguette - I can't even imagine those 2 without LS, their rudder is basically perma-knocked out :Smile_veryhappy:

6 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

The only other exception is CV skills

Expert Rear Gunner KGV, don't forget that one :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

What always amuses me are the Stalingrads in CB with Ovechkins improved SE (+4k hp), there's so many of them lately

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Expert Rear Gunner KGV, don't forget that one :Smile_trollface:

Rear Gunner KGV was official WG skill build :Smile_glasses:

I ran SE on a Prem BB once as I got really confused and  put a DD captain into it :Smile_child:

• Funny 1

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
175 posts
3,867 battles

"i dont like all these trees, they block my view of the forest":Smile_teethhappy:

On 1/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, wilkatis_LV said:
  • Whines about SE

actually, this is seeking ways to balance +/-2 mm.

and im suggesting this for SE because its only use at the moment is t7+ dd's.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:53 PM, 10ThousandThings said:

Speaking as a DD fan, I'm afraid I have to disagree on this point. I'm not sure what soft stats you want to buff, but that extra HP is excellent value for captain points, and I really struggle to think what buffs to 'soft stats' would be more useful.

at t7+ on a dd, yes, there isnt another t3 skill besides si to take. however, this is just trying to find a way to help solve the mm that annoys soo many. buffing soft stats was just an example to the idea of having se work like de.

Sign in to follow this