Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkollUlfr

are new mex and colo the wrong way round in the tech tree?

16 comments in this topic

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
171 posts
3,836 battles

paper stats look similar in gort, but the col feels like a downgrade despite higher tier.

is this all the effect of going from 4x3 to 4x2 main battery, or is there something im missing in the ships playstyle?

Players
341 posts
823 battles

colorado has 406mm guns that can overmatch up to 28mm of armor, in other words new mex cannot lolpen 25mm bows(356mm gives 24 mm over match), Colorado can do so. also has very thick 343mm  citadel armor belt compared to her rival the nagato(305 main bet), so you can be less careful with the angling. Bad news is that she shares the same weakness as nagato, 25mm everywhere means bleeds lots of hp to HE and >358mm gunned BBs.

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
15,239 posts
11,004 battles
30 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

paper stats look similar in gort, but the col feels like a downgrade despite higher tier.

is this all the effect of going from 4x3 to 4x2 main battery, or is there something im missing in the ships playstyle?

See for yourself:

image.thumb.png.d2e3b73bff47f7742829b497eeffdc9f.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190119/eu_week/average_ship.html

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,049 posts

You spelled Trolorado incorrectly.

And to actually contribute something: yes, it's all about the calibre of the guns.

I played mine a long time ago, when it was still the Open Beta turd, but the calibre of the guns is definately an improvement. And nowadays T7 matchmaking is a lot more gentle than T6 :Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,236 posts
11,725 battles

Colo guns can punch through pretty much anything in the MM.

Granted you pay a very heavy price for that one trait as you get less guns and a 21 knot ship at T7 simply doesn't cut it anymore with so many fast BB around. Plus the armour layout means IFHE spam will crush you completely.

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles

Colorado has much better sigma compared to NM. So while you have less shells in the air, the shells are more likely to group around the center of where you were aiming.

Players
1,542 posts
10,787 battles

Both USN and IJN upgrade from lots of shotgun barrels (Fuso, NM) to accurate lolpen snipers (Nagato, Colo).

Colorado will teach you to shoot and hit reliably from longer distance while retaining the ability to tank like its predecessor.

Sadly it lacks speed, which means it has a lot of trouble adjusting its position to the flow of battle.

Guns also have great flat arcs, something you will discover is not the case when you upgrade to the NC

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,236 posts
11,725 battles
14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Colorado has much better sigma compared to NM. So while you have less shells in the air, the shells are more likely to group around the center of where you were aiming.

NM and Fuso are two of the derpiest BB in game I think. They both have utterly terrible Sigma values if I remember but that can actually help when a full salvo is basically a shotgun blast in terms of numbers of shells in a grouping.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,236 posts
11,725 battles
2 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Guns also have great flat arcs, something you will discover is not the case when you upgrade to the NC

NC and above are a whole new ball game too. USN BBs seem to go from really slow with decent armour to essentially high tier BC which need a bit of finess to use properly. NC was a huge jump for me when I moved up and I was probably noob in her for well over 100 games until I understood how to play her.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,261 posts
12,123 battles

She was a letdown in the past, when she had 53k HP and 16km range, but not anymore...

[ADRIA]
Players
4,543 posts
6,852 battles
16 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

is there something im missing

Caliber. Full 50mm of difference, with all the overmatch change that comes with it

16 hours ago, gopher31 said:

Buff incoming.

0.1 change in sigma is as irrelevant as buffs get. Expect additional less than 1% more shells landed on target

15 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Colo’s guns are mean, but I don’t know anymore what version I played. What is this, Colorado 5.0?

If not even more, Colorado's the only ship in the game able to keep up with Derpitz in the amount of buffs received :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[HOME]
Players
783 posts
7,630 battles
13 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

She was a letdown in the past, when she had 53k HP and 16km range, but not anymore...

Wasnt it actually 51k? And longer reload to boot... 

[POI--]
Players
4,110 posts
5,139 battles

16 inch guns vs 14 inch guns (or 406 mm vs 356 mm in metric). That's the main difference and a significant one. For me it's one reason why I could never get excited over New Mexico and why Colorado was finally actually fun to play.

24 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

If not even more, Colorado's the only ship in the game able to keep up with Derpitz in the amount of buffs received :Smile_trollface:

Furutaka?

Players
2,555 posts
6,916 battles
22 hours ago, SkollUlfr said:

NM was a pretty good ship I think, even though I found it to be a little bit slow.

But Colorado is a living meme and unbeatable in this regard :Smile_great:

Sign in to follow this