Sign in to follow this  
dixonhill_1

Is it me ?

22 comments in this topic

Players
8 posts
643 battles

Has they been some sort of rebalance ,last week i i was sinking on average 3 ships a game with my destroyer now i cant even get close 2/3 hits and i am dead

i know the update was postponed  but has they been some "tinkering ?

definitely feel something has changed

[CATS]
Players
15,379 posts
11,039 battles

I doubt you were ever close to an 3 ship average. You would have been BY FAR the best player in the game with that.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
6,368 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I doubt you were ever close to an 3 ship average. You would have been BY FAR the best player in the game with that.

He could be referring to co-op

Players
8 posts
643 battles
1 hour ago, dixonhill_1 said:

Has they been some sort of rebalance ,last week i i was sinking on average 3 ships a game with my destroyer now i cant even get close 2/3 hits and i am dead

i know the update was postponed  but has they been some "tinkering ?

definitely feel something has changed

yes because i am a liar and make things up ...thanks for that, and thanks Domen3 thats all i play perhaps average was the wrong word but usually 2-3 a game last game i played before i had log on problems i sank 4 now cant even get close to one

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
8 hours ago, dixonhill_1 said:

yes because i am a liar and make things up ...thanks for that, and thanks Domen3 thats all i play perhaps average was the wrong word but usually 2-3 a game last game i played before i had log on problems i sank 4 now cant even get close to one

What gave you the impression that sinking ships is a metric that matters much?

But to answer your question there was no changes in the game as there was no patch , most likely it is just end of the holidays for many players and you now met people that at least can find their own asses with ellbows.

PS your stats say you had 3 plus on tier one but moving on from there where people are getting better you dropped significantly.

Also this aint an ego shooter game no one good gives a flying f*** about K/D Ratios. It's base xp that matters most.

Players
164 posts
7,372 battles

he was not lying
Bez-tytu-u.jpg
 It seems something had to change... maybe a tier of your gameplay ?

Bez-tytu-u.jpg

sarcsmile.jpg

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles

T

39 minutes ago, fodder89 said:

he was not lying

Points down....

15 hours ago, dixonhill_1 said:

Has they been some sort of rebalance ,last week i i was sinking on average 3 ships a game with my destroyer

Tier 1 isn't of any significance to anything ;) And he specifically asked about his destroyers.

Still doesn't matter as the whole approach shouldn't be a Problem.

Players
8 posts
643 battles
16 hours ago, The_Reichtangle said:

What gave you the impression that sinking ships is a metric that matters much?

But to answer your question there was no changes in the game as there was no patch , most likely it is just end of the holidays for many players and you now met people that at least can find their own asses with ellbows.

PS your stats say you had 3 plus on tier one but moving on from there where people are getting better you dropped significantly.

Also this aint an ego shooter game no one good gives a flying f*** about K/D Ratios. It's base xp that matters most.

Sorry if i gave that impression but for me it is a metric,maybe not a good one but there we are ,certainly i take your point about the holidays and people getting better it just seemed "to me " something had changed .perhaps i am in more games with higher tier players and i am no genius at the game ,it just seemed all of a sudden i was getting destroys more quickly than i ever had previously .hence my question  ps please forgive spelling errors dyslexia is a [edited] especially at my age

Players
8 posts
643 battles
10 hours ago, fodder89 said:

he was not lying
Bez-tytu-u.jpg
 It seems something had to change... maybe a tier of your gameplay ?

Bez-tytu-u.jpg

sarcsmile.jpg

Thanks for that 

Players
8 posts
643 battles

go figure just played a game killed two ships second game killed 4 with BShip seemed a lot easier than before ,guessing i was just unlucky with the tier of ships at the time i played as suggested

Thanks for your input guys

• Cool 1

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
7 hours ago, dixonhill_1 said:

Sorry if i gave that impression but for me it is a metric,maybe not a good one but there we are ,certainly i take your point about the holidays and people getting better it just seemed "to me " something had changed .perhaps i am in more games with higher tier players and i am no genius at the game ,it just seemed all of a sudden i was getting destroys more quickly than i ever had previously .hence my question  ps please forgive spelling errors dyslexia is a [edited] especially at my age

I can read you and you had a genuine question so i tried to answer it.

As i said try to go for doing damage, capturing points, shooting down planes in the game kills come and go and it gets especially eyerolling bad, when something like the current hall of fame is open, where you can get points for kills.

Also random slumps just come and go.... i could't hit a barn from the inside on sunday *shrugs*

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

OP's average 3 kills in a DD flies for coop. Not in Randoms. Don't get me wrong if OP is a new player I'd say he's (she) doing fine so far. Regarding the question: no it's not you. We all have losing streaks/ periods in which nothing seem to work. Bad hair day? Lousy teams? Bad luck? We've discussed this thoroughly. Consensus seems that nobody knows and it's part of the package playing this game.

My advice: build up more Random experience. But don't rush the tiers. Also grind 2 (3 at the most) lines at the same time. This game is not getting "easier" the higher the tier. And yes I know because I made that mistake when I started wows. The same goes for buying high tier premiums. Should you consider that: I strongly recommend doing so when you've actually reached that tier in silver lines. Or perhaps buy it now but play it later in case an amazing offer appears.

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles
11 hours ago, dixonhill_1 said:

certainly i take your point about the holidays

Please take that with a grain of salt. There are idiots with 10k games who "play" on a daily basis but fail to contribute, while there are also people who can play well, but only have time during the weekends and holidays.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
49 posts

They seem to have done some meddling with existing CV drop RNG ahead of the update.can5 hit a damn thing with bombs and torpedoes only ever one hit.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,782 posts
16,146 battles

After you reach certain account level you will be thrown to random with players with same or above account level. 

Until that time you have protected MM - you are playing only with new players like you.  

At least I think that its working like that. New fresh players play only with new fresh players until some account level is reached. 

Players
8 posts
643 battles
15 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

OP's average 3 kills in a DD flies for coop. Not in Randoms. Don't get me wrong if OP is a new player I'd say he's (she) doing fine so far. Regarding the question: no it's not you. We all have losing streaks/ periods in which nothing seem to work. Bad hair day? Lousy teams? Bad luck? We've discussed this thoroughly. Consensus seems that nobody knows and it's part of the package playing this game.

My advice: build up more Random experience. But don't rush the tiers. Also grind 2 (3 at the most) lines at the same time. This game is not getting "easier" the higher the tier. And yes I know because I made that mistake when I started wows. The same goes for buying high tier premiums. Should you consider that: I strongly recommend doing so when you've actually reached that tier in silver lines. Or perhaps buy it now but play it later in case an amazing offer appears.

He lol yes i am pretty new and i have discalcula and dislexia so i get things confused especially the stats thats no reason for me being a bit "techy"  sorry ,i am not a hard core gamer way to old to be that But as Ex RN this is the best game i have ever seen with "real" ships i only play a few times a day and i am in no hurry to shoot up the levels and i only play RN so that is a slow approach i guess .but thanks ALL for your reponce i think i was just having a bad day

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
643 battles
15 hours ago, The_Reichtangle said:

I can read you and you had a genuine question so i tried to answer it.

As i said try to go for doing damage, capturing points, shooting down planes in the game kills come and go and it gets especially eyerolling bad, when something like the current hall of fame is open, where you can get points for kills.

Also random slumps just come and go.... i could't hit a barn from the inside on sunday *shrugs*

No  i was being a D.ick my apologies

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
13 minutes ago, dixonhill_1 said:

He lol yes i am pretty new and i have discalcula and dislexia so i get things confused especially the stats thats no reason for me being a bit "techy"  sorry ,i am not a hard core gamer way to old to be that But as Ex RN this is the best game i have ever seen with "real" ships i only play a few times a day and i am in no hurry to shoot up the levels and i only play RN so that is a slow approach i guess .but thanks ALL for your reponce i think i was just having a bad day

Allright! We highly appreciate when new-ish players are open to learn something. When something goes bad, always question yourself first. I've learned that the hard way myself. Further advice: you might want to save the RN cruiser line for later. That is IMO and in general consensus the hardest cruiserline to grind. I have been objecting that line for a long time until I took the challenge of actually trying it. And I was proven wrong (gladly): I had the most thrilling matches with them. Only thing: you really, like really need tp know what you're doing with them. The slightest mistake will get you punished severely. And even then I have been very effectively and smoothly blasted to the next game in one salvo quite often. One trick I'll happily give you if you persist: never, ever, ever smoke up, slow down to "smoke pewpew" when you're spotted. My biggest hobby in wows is to one shot those blokes in RN cruisers with a BB. I patiently wait and fire at 1/4 to 0 lead just at the moment he disappears. Harvested quite some dev strikes with that (and negative karma as well). I found out the maneuverability (hardly bleeding speed in turns) is one of the biggest survivability skills in this match. There is also one very easy trick: you actually don't need to bother angling against BB's: they'll wreck you anyway. Even if you have taken the double armor perk on the ship (A.K.A. taking cammo on it).

Edit: I love Scotland! One of the most beautiful places on Earth I had the honor to visit.

Players
8 posts
643 battles
2 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Allright! We highly appreciate when new-ish players are open to learn something. When something goes bad, always question yourself first. I've learned that the hard way myself. Further advice: you might want to save the RN cruiser line for later. That is IMO and in general consensus the hardest cruiserline to grind. I have been objecting that line for a long time until I took the challenge of actually trying it. And I was proven wrong (gladly): I had the most thrilling matches with them. Only thing: you really, like really need tp know what you're doing with them. The slightest mistake will get you punished severely. And even then I have been very effectively and smoothly blasted to the next game in one salvo quite often. One trick I'll happily give you if you persist: never, ever, ever smoke up, slow down to "smoke pewpew" when you're spotted. My biggest hobby in wows is to one shot those blokes in RN cruisers with a BB. I patiently wait and fire at 1/4 to 0 lead just at the moment he disappears. Harvested quite some dev strikes with that (and negative karma as well). I found out the maneuverability (hardly bleeding speed in turns) is one of the biggest survivability skills in this match. There is also one very easy trick: you actually don't need to bother angling against BB's: they'll wreck you anyway. Even if you have taken the double armor perk on the ship (A.K.A. taking cammo on it).

Edit: I love Scotland! One of the most beautiful places on Earth I had the honor to visit.

Hardest ships to grind....lol yes my mate told me that after I decided to do it, being ex-Royal Navy it's more a loyalty thing, once Royal Navy always Royal Navy I guess. I guess I still have that Britannia rules the wave mentality when that is nowadays far from true anyway. I don't mind grinding – easier for me to get used to it and my mate helped me a lot with configuration and flags in such even though it's a grind it's fun so thats ok

One of the most beautiful places on Earth ? Surely you meant thee most beautiful place on earth(Very very bias :-) ) thank you for all your advice it's appreciated

[10GO]
Players
419 posts
9,618 battles
5 hours ago, dixonhill_1 said:

Hardest ships to grind....lol yes my mate told me that after I decided to do it, being ex-Royal Navy it's more a loyalty thing, once Royal Navy always Royal Navy I guess.

Well that explains the beeing a [edited] thing :D and beeing a scott doesn't help it eh? :D

Seriously best of luck in unlocking the RN ships. I'd also recommend to not go for the RN Cruiser line first.

I'd suggest to go the basic lines of US CA and Jap CAs first to get a feel for what cruisers can do.

Also if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Many will try to help you out. Some won't but those can be ignored...

• Cool 1

Players
1,283 posts
9,776 battles

Yes, it is you.

You have reached a high enough account level to put you out of protected Matchmaking, and have started to play against real players. Before that, when you were successful, it was mostly bots, on your team as well as the enemy team, even in Random battles, which you probably did not notice. The ones with their names in :colons:.

I forget which account level was the one, probably 11 or so. It still doesn't say in the wiki and takes a bit of googling to find out because the search function of this forum is also broken, like so many things.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Account_Level

• Cool 2

[TCNF]
Players
39 posts
5,547 battles

Or the holiday potatoes were the reason why you were getting easy kills earlier, as they sail in a straight line. If not the reason mentioned in the post one above.:cap_rambo:

Sign in to follow this