You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NoobySkooby

In game chat...

30 comments in this topic

[-5D4-]
Players
70 posts
1,740 battles

Why is there no ability to turn this off in settings as there is in World of tanks, why do I have to download the annoying Aslains modpack in order to do this?

Talking of modpacks, again WoT's has a clearly and easily reachable mod hub, yet WoW's which is clearly the better game does not, how come?

• Boring 1
  • Bad 4

[ADRIA]
Players
4,602 posts
6,879 battles

Actually there is "WoWS Mod Station". Afaik it offers more or less the same stuff as Aslains does

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,134 battles

Didn't this come up recently? There is an on/off button somewhere in the vanilla game; unfortunately, I can't recall where it is - can anyone with a better memory help?

[-5D4-]
Players
70 posts
1,740 battles

I have checked the vanilla setting and I can't find for love nor money, is there a link to this mod station? Wot mod hub is easy to use where as I cannot find this mod station.

22 ore fa, NoobySkooby ha scritto:

I have checked the vanilla setting and I can't find for love nor money, is there a link to this mod station? Wot mod hub is easy to use where as I cannot find this mod station.

Scrub that, just found it.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,432 posts
6,134 battles

BTW this might be of use: "Press Enter to open the chat and click the X below the chat window, this will disable the chat for the duration of the battle. There is no way to disable it permanently. Also Mods do not disable it, they just unhook it from the UI and move it outside the visible area."

Source: 

[-5D4-]
Players
70 posts
1,740 battles
33 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

BTW this might be of use: "Press Enter to open the chat and click the X below the chat window, this will disable the chat for the duration of the battle. There is no way to disable it permanently. Also Mods do not disable it, they just unhook it from the UI and move it outside the visible area."

Source: 

Ah cheers for that

• Cool 1

[5D]
Players
536 posts
20,988 battles

is there a reason you want to turn off chat? someone without chat is very annoying to have on your team you know.

• Cool 8

[-5D4-]
Players
70 posts
1,740 battles
16 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

is there a reason you want to turn off chat? someone without chat is very annoying to have on your team you know.

So is the distracting vitriol when I am trying to concentrate.

• Cool 1

Players
3 posts
4,438 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Was so busy explaining why having every other BB on the 10 line was bad that I ate 3 torps earlier, so I can see both sides of this...

• Funny 3

[-SOG-]
Players
80 posts
1,375 battles
11 minutes ago, Ultima_Ratio_Nerdum said:

Was so busy explaining why having every other BB on the 10 line was bad that I ate 3 torps earlier, so I can see both sides of this...

I usually wait until I am 95% sure I am clear of danger, then press "Q" or "E" to autoturn the ship (because I intended to turn somewhere), and type while that's happening. At 72 words per minute, you can't go wrong :P

Camping behind islands also gives me an opportunity to type clan recruitment stuff (because through my career in business, I learned to be shameless and obnoxious as a pragmatic strategy =))) )

• Cool 1

Players
796 posts
8,346 battles
3 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Why is there no ability to turn this off in settings as there is in World of tanks, why do I have to download the annoying Aslains modpack in order to do this?

Talking of modpacks, again WoT's has a clearly and easily reachable mod hub, yet WoW's which is clearly the better game does not, how come?

I can understand you hate the chat since most teammates will absolutely detest having you in their team and rage towards you. You have a lot to learn to be even remotely useful to your team.

Your average damage is not even good for tier 1 standards.

Your survivability rate is really bad, which means you die too soon and too many times.

You kill an enemy every 6!!!!! games, which is really bad.

I could go on and on but the point is: Having you on the team severely lowers the chances of a win.

Please, take some time to learn a little bit more of this game. It will be more fun for you to play and less salt/toxicity from players towards you.

• Cool 11

[ANV]
[ANV]
Players
211 posts
2,847 battles
7 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I can understand you hate the chat since most teammates will absolutely detest having you in their team and rage towards you. You have a lot to learn to be even remotely useful to your team.

Your survivability rate is really bad, which means you die too soon and too many times.

I could go on and on but the point is: Having you on the team severely lowers the chances of a win.

Please, take some time to learn a little bit more of this game. It will be more fun for you to play and less salt/toxicity from players towards you.

Easy now. He/she might have a disability etc. We don't know their situation 

Players
796 posts
8,346 battles
30 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Sure I can sugarcoat it but this is just the way it is. And I cannot imagine that this person has fun being dead all the time and suffering the angry comments of his/her team, hence the thread. At the same time you know OP started this thread because of all the toxicity in the chat. Which means he encounters a lot of people that aren't having fun. I wonder why. 

I wish for everyone to have fun in this game. Unfortunately that is quite hard with the skill differences being so enormous. 

• Cool 7

[HOME]
Players
788 posts
7,648 battles
On 1/22/2019 at 8:47 AM, Lord0 said:

Thats a cause not an excuse. Thats why my disabled friend enjoys watching football but she would never activelly play when she knows she would drag her team down. And even then she would probably be vastly more useful than this guy.

@GarrusBrutus is correct... 

• Cool 2

[-TXG-]
Players
2,407 posts

I hope the 'turn off chat' button is big as OP may have to have a few attempts at hitting it. :Smile_trollface:

N.B. Speaking from experience after having OP on my team (briefly).....twice. :Smile_sad:

• Funny 6

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,169 posts
11,007 battles
2 hours ago, Lord0 said:

Thing is, his performance doesn't only affect himself. Not to mention that, while WoWs is a (relatively) slow game, making it (relatively) friendly for people with various disabilities, we're still talking a multiplayer game where you play with - and against - real people. You can't really lower the difficulty level to account for really serious disabilities - at some point you should just ask a problem "with a problem this severe, is multiplayer gaming against human opponents really for me?"

Then again, he has 54 premium ships. I probably shouldn't complain too much about the patron who literally funds my fun :Smile_honoring:

Players
138 posts
8,553 battles

I will never understand why disability is making things different? Bad player is bad player. Why it is so, does not change his influence on the game.

Instead of turning chat off, you could use it to improve. There are people who will gladly help, it is just hard to spot them somethimes.

You are mostly dead so you have time to discuss what you have done wrong.

• Cool 2

[-5D4-]
Players
70 posts
1,740 battles
On 1/21/2019 at 11:46 PM, GarrusBrutus said:

Ah yes that one, so I should stop immediately and learn nothing, ok, on it,

Well I ain't going nowhere, this was tried in tanks, not going to happen here either.

Nope no disability here either, but the same forum trolling I see, lol, try a you might too much time in game, and then too much time away from game, only way to get rid of me is when WG shut down the servers, lol

Edited by NoobySkooby
Wanted to say more.
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[TS1]
Players
573 posts
7,618 battles
18 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

I will never understand why disability is making things different? Bad player is bad player. Why it is so, does not change his influence on the game.

Personally, I think the difference lies in that people have a far easier time morally justifying insulting and generally talking down on players who're simply bad. But if they have a disability then it's morally wrong to talk down to them.

I disagree with that. It's never okay to insult or talk down to others, even if it's funny on occasion.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,710 posts
9,234 battles
6 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Nope no disability here either, but the same forum trolling I see

Being told firmly, but politely that you're not very good at the game, but asking you to take some time to learn the basics in order to start having fun with the game is trolling?

Oh, I think there's a disability alright....:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 1

Players
1,065 posts
8,541 battles
On 1/21/2019 at 10:15 PM, NoobySkooby said:

So is the distracting vitriol when I am trying to concentrate.

Is it really that hard to concentrate?

If your post includes the word "Vitriol" then perhaps if you improved your game performance you wouldn't be so targeted, maybe.

Also, given this is a PC platform game, you don't know any of the other players and they don't know you, what are you worrying about?

• Cool 1

[-5D4-]
Players
70 posts
1,740 battles
15 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Being told firmly, but politely that you're not very good at the game, but asking you to take some time to learn the basics in order to start having fun with the game is trolling?

Oh, I think there's a disability alright....:Smile_sceptic:

As it happens I am learning more and more this time around, and it just does not come around d in an instant, before I just bought what i liked and went sailing this way thataway, this time around people in clan and in game help more, and this time around with the essence of TS, it is a whole lot more fun.

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles

And that is their issue, not all the other human beings in the world's problem...

• Bad 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
640 posts
3,670 battles

So you're implying people with disabilities are bad at games per default? 

That is kinda harsh. People with a disability just want to be treated normally. If they play a game they like, most of them want to be good at it and I think most would take critique better than OP. 

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
33 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

So you're implying people with disabilities are bad at games per default? 

That is kinda harsh. People with a disability just want to be treated normally. If they play a game they like, most of them want to be good at it and I think most would take critique better than OP. 

They tend to be aware of their "problems", so yes, they take that pretty much as a level headed adult would.

Our "infalible" friends on the other hand...

• Cool 1