Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
The_Colonel_HG

Match Making 1 Up 1 Down

45 comments in this topic

Players
10 posts
7,894 battles

I'm not sure how many of you get frustrated, playing with players that are 2 Tiers below what you are playing with. Example, if you are playing Tier 7 ship, there are Tier 5 players. I would like to start a survey where they match players either 1 Tier up or 1 Tier down. What are your thoughts?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 3

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Wont happen, would hurt WG buisness model a lot.

Being Top Tier farming ships 2 tiers below them even gives very bad players a "sucess" from time to time. If you change to +1/-1 the good players will be even more constantly good (dont get that "cant carry because of -2) while the bad players will be even more bad (dont get the "wins by tier difference besides being bad). 

WG needs the bad players to spend money - even bad players must have sucess....

But you want a pure 100% unicum buff ... :dance_turtle:

You e.g. would really suffer a lot from that kind of change. Even with the system now that "evens out the playfield" you are not sucessfull - if we change to +1/-1 your winrate would go down a lot below 40% ... would you enjoy the game MORE? i doubt that

• Cool 3

Players
229 posts
7,229 battles

It needs to be on a ship to ship basis, some ships up-tier really well and should remain +2/-2, but some ships really need to be +1/-1 and that can be a unique selling point of some ships.

• Bad 2

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles
8 minutes ago, The_Colonel_HG said:

I would like to start a survey where they match players either 1 Tier up or 1 Tier down. What are your thoughts?

My thoughts align with the devs view. And they jsut recently reaffirmed that a 1 Tier up/down matchmaking would hurt the game more than it'd do good.

[TTT]
Players
3,937 posts
7,767 battles
1 minute ago, KHETTIFER said:

It needs to be on a ship to ship basis, some ships up-tier really well and should remain +2/-2, but some ships really need to be +1/-1 and that can be a unique selling point of some ships.

yeah right, because that totally would never cause any arguments or balancing problems... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
15,357 posts
11,035 battles
21 minutes ago, The_Colonel_HG said:

I'm not sure how many of you get frustrated, playing with players that are 2 Tiers below what you are playing with. Example, if you are playing Tier 7 ship, there are Tier 5 players. I would like to start a survey where they match players either 1 Tier up or 1 Tier down. What are your thoughts?

I do not mind shooting at ships 2 Tiers below my Tier. :Smile_trollface:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
394 posts

First of all, we're flogging a dead horse here.... again..... in hope it'll rise.... eventhough we already beat it to nothing more than a bloody pudding....

On the other hand, if the population on the servers were there, I'd love the +/-1...

The gap between tiers is way too large as it is now, sure you can make a ship "work", we all can, and everyone has tonnes of videoes from ze u-tuep that shows people beating the crap out of Tier X in Tier Y ship...

But honestly, just stick with tier 2-4 and 7 and you should be okay.

8 is broken and should never be touched, unless you want to join the campfest in tier 10.

[MAD4T]
[MAD4T]
Players
175 posts
3,864 battles

some ships are fine when -2, others are still bad when +2.

rather than a blanket solution id rather WG used the mm as a balancing tool.

changing that +hp skill so it buffed soft stats based on tier would also be a massive boon.

Players
612 posts
1 hour ago, The_Colonel_HG said:

I love playing in tier 7 battles in my tier 5 Omaha.

There tends to be fewer GC's or OR's in those battles and even if there is, my side will have tier 7 ships to help take them down, whilst I can concentrate on other ships.

It's bonkers, but I get more shatters on OR's than I do on Colorados. Any tier 5 to 7 BB can wipe out my Omaha - if I let them...

And the Omaha kills tier 7 DD's almost as quickly as tier 5's. Just need to get them spotted and in effective range...

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles
21 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

It's bonkers, but I get more shatters on OR's than I do on Colorados. Any tier 5 to 7 BB can wipe out my Omaha - if I let them...

T5 BBs are just heavily armored, slow fortresses basicly.

You can go for Superstructure or Bow/aft hits and pen them with HE - other than that you will probably only shatter.

At T6 you have both. Bayern and Fuso are quite sturdy against HE spam, while QE/NM are more vulnerable (and i believe NOrmandie aswell, but dont recall its armor right now)

T7 is thinly armored all the way, except the germans. Colorado, Nagato, KGV - 25mm all over.

Players
612 posts
1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

T5 BBs are just heavily armored, slow fortresses basicly.

You can go for Superstructure or Bow/aft hits and pen them with HE - other than that you will probably only shatter.

At T6 you have both. Bayern and Fuso are quite sturdy against HE spam, while QE/NM are more vulnerable (and i believe NOrmandie aswell, but dont recall its armor right now)

T7 is thinly armored all the way, except the germans. Colorado, Nagato, KGV - 25mm all over.

OR at tier 5. Superstructure? Oh yes that tiny section just behind the forward turrets. So after you saturate that with your gorgeously accurate Omaha guns, what else do you shoot? Bow and stern are no good. Most hits there will shatter with IFHE Omaha. And then the OR drinks his potion of rejuvination and you have start again. Meanwhile he's whacking me, or some other poor schmuck for 15k damage per well aimed salvo.

Bayern and Fuso are soft as a sponge compared to OR for an IFHE Omaha. And they burn for much longer early battle, thanks to OR's rapid-fire anti-burn button.

I'm guessing you haven't played the Omaha as much as me? Few people have.

Having said all that, OR's melt quckly to BB AP, especially when not properly angled. IE OR's are not as OP as some ships, it's just that they and the crazily OP GC are the Omaha's nemesis. Which is why I generally prefer tier 7 to tier 5 battles in my Omaha.

Players
43 posts
4,736 battles

To change the MM is not an easy thing. A +_1 MM require an all stat changing of every ship T5 and up. They do the same work for CVs  and they r in the middle of it.

That change will postpone the subs even more... and ll change the way u play every ship u r comfort with!!!

Beware what u ask; it may happen.. 

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles
5 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

OR at tier 5. Superstructure? Oh yes that tiny section just behind the forward turrets. So after you saturate that with your gorgeously accurate Omaha guns, what else do you shoot? Bow and stern are no good. Most hits there will shatter with IFHE Omaha. And then the OR drinks his potion of rejuvination and you have start again. Meanwhile he's whacking me, or some other poor schmuck for 15k damage per well aimed salvo.

Bayern and Fuso are soft as a sponge compared to OR for an IFHE Omaha. And they burn for much longer early battle, thanks to OR's rapid-fire anti-burn button.

Having said all that, OR's melt quckly to BB AP, especially when not properly angled. IE OR's are not as OP as some ships, it's just that they and the crazily OP GC are the Omaha's nemesis. Which is why I generally prefer tier 7 to tier 5 battles in my Omaha.

Meant T5 in general. Okto is the worst ship to shoot with an omaha. Simply because its tanky and you cant burn him down either because of his DCP. But other T5 BBs are equally well armored. While on T7 they are much softer overall. Thats why you deal more damage against them.

Cant tell how much Omaha you played since you have hidden stats. But i like playing Marblehead which is the same :Smile-_tongue:

Spoiler

USCL.thumb.jpg.cabc09ab9d0c1364c0f5171a1b305d2e.jpg

Omaha stats predate IFHE tho. Marblehead should be all games with IFHE if i recall.

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

But i like playing Marblehead which is the same

Great! I can't wait to meet you in battle.... my GC is ready :cap_viking:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
3,839 posts
6,015 battles
14 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

1 minute ago, Allied_Winter said:

Great! I can't wait to meet you in battle.... my GC is ready :cap_viking:

He wont be alone tho. Whenever he is playing his Marblehead, im usualy there with my Cesare aswell. :cap_cool:

Quality Poster
3,758 posts
8,474 battles
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

He wont be alone tho. Whenever he is playing his Marblehead, im usualy there with my Cesare aswell. :cap_cool:

Really?  Hmmm guess I have to switch for my Belfast then ...

• Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
394 posts
16 minutes ago, Minos_of_Creta said:

To change the MM is not an easy thing. A +_1 MM require an all stat changing of every ship T5 and up. They do the same work for CVs  and they r in the middle of it.

That change will postpone the subs even more... and ll change the way u play every ship u r comfort with!!!

Beware what u ask; it may happen.. 

That’s the worst excuse ever!

It’s all about WG saying: “We’re gonna change the MM for a month, or two, and see what happens”.... job done.

There should be no need for stat changing whatsoever, not more than is needed now.

It’s all a small change in programming.

But as orhers say, it’s gonna smash their business plan...

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
476 posts
4,309 battles

i've considered myself a decent player from time to time but never felt the heat of being tiered two below like in tanks.  In ships you should be able to do enough damage to mitigate the tier disparity.  

[H_FAN]
Players
1,970 posts
23,361 battles

The 2 gap difference also gives more variation, back in the days there were 3 and you could division so you could play with Umikaze against Yamato.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,820 posts
7,557 battles

JeaNEID.gif

Ohh the two most valuable reasons behind the +-2MM.

Ship variety and waiting time. Adding a "chance for bad players" and business model. Could start a bingo card right there.

The major cause of frustration (besides CV skill gap) has so many defenders.... but only in theory.

Arms race is a perfect opportunity for WG to test +-1 MM. Its futile to defend something that has never even been tried out, yet I would only like to see how it would turn out.

Now start bashing ...

• Cool 2

Players
138 posts
8,522 battles

As always when discussing +1/-1 MM I will say that I would love for my T10 to meet only T9 and T10 (better XP and money).

And as always I repeat that it is not possible as Asashio is supposed to farm T10 (I have not seen one doing it, but that is other issue).

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,433 posts
4,390 battles
5 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

...Asashio is supposed to farm T10 (I have not seen one doing it, but that is other issue).

What?

You never seen a asashio hunting T10 BB?

Then you play an other game then me!

I like it to torp the crap out of Yamato, Conqeror, GK, etc. with my Asashio, they a HP pinatas!

Here a little example:

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this