You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Linkaex

Suggestion for a fun premium ship!

64 comments in this topic

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
628 posts
3,579 battles

I want to buy myself a fun premium ship for my birthday. 

But I don't know which one to pick. It does not have to be stupidly OP but decent MM is preferred or some kind of niche it has over other ships. 

The Premiums I currently have in my port (screenshot for convenience) : 

Eddit: I also have the PEF but for some reason it is not registered yet, even tho I have played a few battles in her. 

image.thumb.png.8f341a9ed253c03368471be4a5367121.png

Players
3,711 posts
5,988 battles

Z-39 is really fun. The good thing about it: because of the super concealment, you are fine even in T9 games. So that absolutly hits the mark on your description about mm. :cap_like:

• Cool 3

[PMI]
Players
2,461 posts
5,818 battles

You want to wait for harekaze to pop again, cross fingers.

I can not see anything in the store that I can tell you: go buy now.

Go look youtubes about ships you might be interested in, that is your best bet...

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
Players
361 posts
10,953 battles

Scharnhorst, an ultimate funbote. When it's top tier you are best BB in the match. When bottom tier you are best cruiser in the match :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 10
  • Funny 1

[NL-UK]
Beta Tester
138 posts
7,669 battles

Like quickr I agree with the Scharnhorst (or Tirpitz). Its not OP like the Stalingrad with a descent MM overall. A nice money maker, torps for brawling. Good reload. If I feel sad I take it for a spin and afterwards all the sadness is vanished ;). 

The Tirpitz is also fun but the MM can be trolling sometimes but it's also fun imho. 

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles

Scharnhorst's certainly a good ship, and pretty unique to boot. But, since you seem to be leaning a bit towards DDs, I'd throw the T-61 into the mix (alongside Forlorn's Z-39). Murderously strong ship for its tier, and not hugely expensive either.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,261 posts
12,123 battles

Leningrad actually is quite a decent choice. T7 matchmaking, very fast boote, good guns, decent camo, usable torps. Can be played either as gunboat or jack-of-all trades destroyer. Needs a dedicated captain though in order to overcome some drawbacks like turret rotation speed.

• Cool 2

[AS13]
Players
2,140 posts
2,161 battles

I don't know what type of ships you like. I have Hood and she lives up to expectations. 

You do not get mega-scores in it, but it is entertaining. Very fast, can wiggle the rear well to avoid, and very tanky.

I hve no problem taking care of Germans BBs like Scharnhorst, Gneisenau, Tirpitz or Bismarck.

Also you'll never lose credits, it's good grinder for captains and IMO good fun. 

in a T7/T8 match it is quite good, T9 gets dangerous. But if you get T6... it's a slayer.

Usually, the accuracy is great though 1/10 you get a 'meh salvo' because the gunners were having tea. 

Delivers devastating blows to dumbasses showing broadside, and denies broadside easy because being manouvrable. 

Great at shooting DDs from ~10 km. But also good at eating torps if you're not aware... 

A crossbreed between a fat-arse hard-hitting BB and a cruiser... Queen Elizabeth on speed. 

• Cool 1

Players
662 posts
245 battles

heard the guilo is very good and the warspite is decent hood is solid from what i've heard.

oh nevermind ninja'd by blububub.

could try that tier 8 french bb as well.

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
370 posts

Hard to argue against a Scharnhorst. 

T61 is close to being OP great torp reload.

kidd is fun due to its heal.

Cossack is also strong.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,363 posts
6,033 battles

To get this out of the way first: I would suggest not buying anything until the impact of the changes associated with the CV rework are fully known; and that's from someone with spectacularly poor impulse-control when it comes to buying premiums.

Some possible candidates (with a bit of bias towards DDs, because they're - obviously - splendid):

• T-61 - pretty strong, and a useful trainer; stick a hydro mod on her, and she's glorious. If T6 Sprints ever return, she's highly effective for that mode too.
  • Z-39 - I find her to be close to being a T7 T-61; she up-tiers less badly than a lot of T7s; again, hydro mod is your friend. Useful trainer too.
  • Haida - I actually prefer her slightly to Cossack; great fun to play, although having the knack of single-fire torps is useful. Another good use of a hydro mod - it'll make you functionally immune to torps for a ludicrous amount of time (ditto Cossack). Secondary gun for LOLs, and she's pretty worthwhile in Dynamo. Edit - creeping smoke (which you know about from Huaghe/Perth) situationally very useful too. Key issue is the whole Commonwealth captains not being interchangeable with RN ships thing (c'mon WG - sort it out); still, you can always use her to train a Vampire seal-clubbing captain par excellence...
  • Scharnhorst - honorary DD (kind of - she's really a fat cruiser); one of the few BBs that are actually fun...!

• Cool 8

Players
229 posts
7,229 battles

Duca Degli Abruzzi- Looking good while having fun, that's what this ship is all about, heal, slow [edited]torps with insane concealment, typical CL armor, ie none, reasonably fast, reasonable turning circle, 10x 6 inch guns with dreadful fire chance, but boy do they sound good.

Need i say more :P.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
943 posts
5,305 battles
54 minutes ago, Juanx said:

I doubt that the HSF Harekaze will ever be in the shop.  Maybe, just a Harekaze but I somehow doubt it.

OP - As others have posted - it depends on which ships types you like to play.   The Scharnhorst is a good solid BB - that isn't really a BB.

• Cool 1

Players
216 posts
5,744 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

I can not see anything in the store that I can tell you: go buy now.

Go look youtubes about ships you might be interested in, that is your best bet...

One of the worst aspects of being a latecomer is seeing all the cool stuff you missed out on, probably never to see again.

:cap_money:

Not just the ship, but the whole bundle and collection please!

• Cool 3

Players
1,058 posts
7,332 battles

Arizona? 

To be honest if it was my birthday and I was pushing the boat out it would probably be Roma, then Scharnhorst, then Arizona. Out of the Premiums I have which you might like I would say Monaghan. 

• Cool 1

Players
24 posts
6,116 battles

ignore scharnhorst, its guns are ridiculously weak. i got it off peoples recommendations and regret it. Dont be fooled into thinking its a bb or even a heavy cruiser. It has good armour and inconsequential 6km torps. Dont bother

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[-5D4-]
Players
69 posts
1,669 battles
17 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

ignore scharnhorst, its guns are ridiculously weak. i got it off peoples recommendations and regret it. Dont be fooled into thinking its a bb or even a heavy cruiser. It has good armour and inconsequential 6km torps. Dont bother

Just had a game in it but never lasted long, but that may be down to the fact I am crap, lol

Players
62 posts

Okhotnik is a laugh, difficult to play but fun with its 7 guns and 12 torps

T-61 good destroyer fast torps and good health

Atlanta just love my Atlanta

Cossack my go to DD great concealment and fast torp reload with good fire chance on the guns

Tirpitz  full seconderies build is great fun and can be spect to a range of 11.3km and torps on top whats not to like

• Cool 1

[_FK_]
Players
33 posts
3,194 battles

Atago for that classic IJN ninja playstyle. 
Indianapolis, purely to bully any Belfast players :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
370 posts
34 minutes ago, admiralgpt said:

I understand what you mean but at tier 7 battleships don’t citadel battleships that often. What you want is lots of full pens With a Scharnhorst you basically need to treat every Battleship as if it’s German, a for the upper hull when broadside or the superstructure when bow on. The 0.01s fuse timer makes it very strong against softer armour.

[WGB]
Players
2,053 posts
25,918 battles

For me, 2 ships i could play forever, Kamikaze R, Independence <-- This may change after 31st Jan.