Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

When RNG hates you....

19 comments in this topic

Players
3,839 posts
6,015 battles
4 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

What is wrong with this pic :cap_hmm:

Now I wish I´d taken a screen from my PEF game. Had 24 hits, 10 of them overpens, and 10,5k dmg. you do the math... :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,581 posts
6,874 battles
2 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

2 things are immediately noticeable:

• No spotter plane
  • Despite the whole enemy team being spotted at D you still decided to go the long way around from A to B, so 8-and-a-half min into the battle as a top tier BB you are about as useful as the average AFK. Maybe even less than that, AFKs at least take hits instead of their team while enemies farm their useless hp dow

• Funny 4

[PUPSI]
Players
75 posts
4,272 battles

Are you referring to 15 hits and only 8.9k damage?

Don`t let me start with Musashi and point blank range and 0 hits ... 3 too short, 1 in front and 2 behind frickin Kronstadt - aiming water line ...

Or only 1 overpen on full broadside Minotaur from 4.5 k distance ...

Or battle where you just can`t miss, point your guns and shoot, aiming not needed, very next battle is completely the opposite ...

• Cool 1

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
635 posts
3,651 battles

Am I the only one that can't hit a barn with spotter plane :cap_look:

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,983 posts
6,038 battles
4 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

Am I the only one that can't hit a barn with spotter plane :cap_look:

Try to aim lower than you would, that might do the trick.

• Cool 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
635 posts
3,651 battles
9 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Try to aim lower than you would, that might do the trick.

Thanks, will keep that in mind! 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

• No spotter plane
  • Despite the whole enemy team being spotted at D you still decided to go the long way around from A to B, so 8-and-a-half min into the battle as a top tier BB you are about as useful as the average AFK. Maybe even less than that, AFKs at least take hits instead of their team while enemies farm their useless hp dow

He might have spawned on that side so was forced to drive down that route. Dunno how to explain that dmg after so much time however as either better aim or target selection should have some fairly decent damage totals after that time...

• Cool 1

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
2,355 battles

Not even close I'm afraid.

Got the Icarus from the PEF mission a few days ago, saving me a load of FXP. Had the Gallant since release, so 19pt captain straight in. Load it up with prem consumables and flags.

Hit battle.

Neighbours, domination.

Go B. 

Enemy Icarus appears in B, I turn hard right to bail out as he fires. One AP shell just catches me athwartships.

Detonation.

Face, meet palm.

• Funny 2

[POI--]
Players
4,182 posts
5,167 battles
5 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

P.S. No, I was not shooting DDs.... 

15 hits on DDs would result in 15 overpens and corresponding damage. 15 hits on angled BB could very well result in a grand total of 0 damage. so, well...

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,581 posts
6,874 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

He might have spawned on that side so was forced to drive down that route. Dunno how to explain that dmg after so much time however as either better aim or target selection should have some fairly decent damage totals after that time...

8 and a half min.

Also if you look at his div-mate - he's actually in a decent spot in the C cap, clearly reacting to the match as it unfolds instead of going off on a holiday cruise to check up on the nearest border

[OCTO]
Players
745 posts
15,675 battles

Yeah, I spawned at A, had to go around and was engaging enemy BBs (and none of them angled - look at Bismarck, Montana), before they decided to abandon A and run to the next map.

The point is 15 hits from might Montana at BBs  (most of them were not angled) got  for whole 8190 damage. 

FYI,  it did improve by the end. Game didn't last long, as enemy collapsed - ended with two kills and about 80K, 

14 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

• No spotter plane

No, all those BBs (two Montanas and Bismarck) were contesting the A cap, before they turned and ran. 

So before you spill your infinite wisdom, consider getting facts? Will give you more credibility to consider options first, before you state that everyone is bad and clueless (except you of course). :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[BGBRD]
Players
272 posts
9,299 battles
1 hour ago, Zen71_sniper said:

No, all those BBs (two Montanas and Bismarck) were contesting the A cap, before they turned and ran. 

So before you spill your infinite wisdom, consider getting facts? Will give you more credibility to consider options first, before you state that everyone is bad and clueless (except you of course). :fish_palm:

If they, at some point ware turning away from the A cap, at witch you spawned... I guess you had clear shot at they're broadsides. Montana and Bismarck cant turn on a dime and are a pretty big targets. I also assume that the range at witch you engage them was not more then 12-15 km. Don't get me wrong, I myself have had some bad RNG shots, but I kind of think that you might have messed up some of your shots. 

[OCTO]
Players
745 posts
15,675 battles
58 minutes ago, OTECa1 said:

If they, at some point ware turning away from the A cap, at witch you spawned... I guess you had clear shot at they're broadsides. Montana and Bismarck cant turn on a dime and are a pretty big targets. I also assume that the range at witch you engage them was not more then 12-15 km. Don't get me wrong, I myself have had some bad RNG shots, but I kind of think that you might have messed up some of your shots. 

I did, that is why I felt trolled by RNG. Got 15 hits, and some were pens into turrets and such, which yields 0 damage. 

I might have messed up, who knows. Personally, I like to play BBs close-to medium range, but this was further, as they have already turned. They didn't allow me to come closer ;)

P.S. Thanks to all who pointed out spotter plane, must have forgotten to change -  only second game in Montana. 

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
635 posts
3,651 battles
3 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Facts? To be fair. You ask a question and leave details open to assumption. One of the assumptions one could make is that you made a misplay. Which we all make from time to time so it is a fair assumption. 

Now I just woke up and I'm going to make myself some scrambled eggs. Could you please pass me the salt? :cap_haloween:

[OCTO]
Players
745 posts
15,675 battles
8 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

Facts? To be fair. You ask a question and leave details open to assumption. One of the assumptions one could make is that you made a misplay. Which we all make from time to time so it is a fair assumption. 

Now I just woke up and I'm going to make myself some scrambled eggs. Could you please pass me the salt? :cap_haloween:

Coffee rather? :cap_win:

I don't mind assumptions - which is very different from assertions ... Which certain poster habitually makes.

• Cool 2

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
369 posts
2,921 battles

My reaction was meant to be funny actually lolz. As in you need max range to hit those runners ;D

Sign in to follow this