Sign in to follow this  
Blakk76

HMS Hood

4 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
85 posts
2,830 battles

Hello fellow captains

First of all, here`s some news on the ship, in 0.8.0 Hood`s sigma will be rasied to 1.9, that improves spread of main guns.
Also fuse timing will be changed to UK Standart 0.033, this may be good or may be bad news.

So back to the topic. I`ve got this ship as soon as she was available, and in the begging of her career she was ok, because people didn't know what to expect from a such fast BB, also the AA was somehow outstanding.
But as the game progressed, people got used to fast battleships and AA was kinda useless lately, so what`s your take on this ship? Is it good or bad for you?

[POI--]
Players
4,225 posts
5,188 battles

It's average. I have no clue what people struggled with when the ship came out, but I know it still is reasonably tanky and the speed is ok and noone really works on actively countering that (not that the speed is its greatest asset either). AA always was either god-tier or crap, depending on how much of your AA is alive or dead and how close the CV drops. Nothing changed there.

Beta Tester
85 posts
2,830 battles

Played few matches yesterday...to refresh my experience with the ship.
It is a little bit of mess... on long ranges, when you can use speed and cruise up and down-horrible dispersion preventing you from doing anything meaningful, while on the close range you die very quickly but you can kick some major [edited]. In 2/3 of the games I was balanced against Scharnhorst, which is a shame, because Hood is no match for Shchchshdrst, but Fuso or anything like that is a nice plate for Hood...

[POI--]
Players
4,225 posts
5,188 battles
10 minutes ago, Blakk76 said:

Played few matches yesterday...to refresh my experience with the ship.
It is a little bit of mess... on long ranges, when you can use speed and cruise up and down-horrible dispersion preventing you from doing anything meaningful, while on the close range you die very quickly but you can kick some major [edited]. In 2/3 of the games I was balanced against Scharnhorst, which is a shame, because Hood is no match for Shchchshdrst, but Fuso or anything like that is a nice plate for Hood...

I mean, if you stay angled and don't rush into 6 km, Hood can beat Scharnhorst. Scharnhorst can't overmatch, Hood can. Hood has vastly more hp. Hood is faster. Hood also has better firing angles and improved pen angles so if Scharnhorst tries to bring 9 guns to bear, it pays the price, while Hood never has to to present enough broadside to worry.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this