You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RAYvenMP

Whats the deal with players like this WG?

44 comments in this topic

[IDDQD]
Players
157 posts
7,491 battles

*names removed*

this guy is currently Top3 in the PEF Hall of "Fame".

he is able to produce 2300 games over 21 days (with average 10-15mins per game that would be playing 27hrs per day ..doh.)

don't tell me he plays the game as intended, he yoloes every game and leaves the team 11v12 every single time in first minute of battle.

and there are far worse than him, this one just happens to be among the highest ranked players in current Hall of fame ... wow just...i mean, lets rewards him with some santa stuff and camos and crap for being sucha dedicated player.

just "winning" by doing nothing should not be rewarding event points or ranked stars...how hard it can be to stop this kind of behavior?

DAFUK.png

• Cool 23
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
3 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

i mean, lets rewards him with some santa stuff and camos and crap for being sucha dedicated player.

We will instead reward you with a thophy:

Biggest whiner of the weekend. :Smile_medal:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 8
  • Bad 9

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles

If a player with those kind of stats keeps playng (bot acc?) and finds the game worth it, well nothing WG can/would do, unless a confirmed botter. 

I'm betting it's a bot account, what is the puropse of having that i will never know. 

[IDDQD]
Players
157 posts
7,491 battles
2 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

If a player with those kind of stats keeps playng (bot acc?) and finds the game worth it, well nothing WG can/would do, unless a confirmed botter. 

I'm betting it's a bot account, what is the puropse of having that i will never know. 

maybe not reward event points and ranked stars to people who intentionally sabotage the team but they happen to be on the winning side once in a while and get the top rewards...like literally hes is top3 EU cuz he pulled of 700 wins in 3 weeks

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts
5 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Populating the game. Once people find it boring and numbers of players start dwindling you need to replace human players with bots...

It is definitely bot account... 150 games a day on average is impossible for human.

• Cool 3

[IDDQD]
Players
157 posts
7,491 battles
17 minutes ago, Juanx said:

We will instead reward you with a thophy:

Biggest whiner of the weekend. :Smile_medal:

so, pointing out game design issues where certain individuals ruin the game for 23 players EVERY SINGLE game they join (1100 game per week), yet are still able to reap top rewards, is whining?

you obviously care about the game .... oh wait, you don't, you stopped playing.

• Cool 7

Beta Tester
1,893 posts
6,228 battles
10 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Populating the game. Once people find it boring and numbers of players start dwindling you need to replace human players with bots...

It is definitely bot account... 150 games a day on average is impossible for human.

Populating the game by getting in top 10 on a scorebord with a bot :Smile_sceptic:

Normally i dont "whine" but in cases like this where its obvious its a bot WG should take action, not to mention its a big fat finger at the players actually playng and competing on the boards. 

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles

This looks more like a bot to me rather than someone who just yolos in every game.

He occasionally manages to survive. And he deals atleast some kinda damage.

Damage upon spotting seems equal all the time (10k overall and each interval) - that i actually find kinda strange.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,004 posts
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Populating the game by getting in top 10 on a scorebord with a bot :Smile_sceptic:

Some cures have side effects... :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,483 battles
49 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

so, pointing out game design issues where certain individuals ruin the game for 23 players EVERY SINGLE game they join (1100 game per week), yet are still able to reap top rewards, is whining?

Oh, did you meet mr forum delight?

Here's him on a better day

troll.jpg

Have fun with him.

• Funny 2

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
39 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

@RAYvenMP

I envy people who haven't been in a team with this guy.

kowalski.png.3532a908e8c40be5fcf9ec89a5dd4575.png

bucket.jpg.d8682fa898e83eab7fa311ef00548282.jpg

That is a game every 5.3 minutes for the last one and a half days straight!

Or even a game every 11 minutes for the whole november. The fuking whole month without any breaks!!!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
42 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

@RAYvenMP

I envy people who haven't been in a team with this guy.

kowalski.png.3532a908e8c40be5fcf9ec89a5dd4575.png

5,5 games / hour around the clock. Totaly doesnt sound like a bot :cap_fainting:

WG should really look into something like that.

• Cool 2

Players
11 posts
2,296 battles

There was similar instance of this in WoWp a couple of months back. There was a community event with XP leaderboards for each nation that gave gold for top 20 finishes, someone came to the forum to complain that they witnessed a human player (game is mostly populated by bots) simply afk multiple games, picking up XP in the process, most likely using a bot program

Others joined in noting the same thing (including a guy who was knocked out of the top 20 by this account) though there were odd occasions where the player was seen actually playing. It's most likely these people play normally for a couple of hours, then when they've had enough they turn on their botting program to harvest XP/points/wins over many hours while afk

Unfortunately, the Community Manager in WoWp decided to argue with those making the complaints rather than even take a cursory look at the botting players account, never mind investigate. He got a move to WoT shortly after, so make of that what you will.

Hopefully the WoWs CM takes an interest in this one

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
118 posts
8,464 battles

They really need to start giving rewards, points, tokens,etc for something really good that player done, reward for medals is a nice thing, maybe also for top 5xp place, etc. But not for win, kills and such thing which can be exploited.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,602 posts
6,879 battles

A farmbot, I presume. As long as he's no counted as AFK he gets XP per each game... "participated". How much? Look at your typical last place in every battle.

You can get 5...6 games per hour 24/7 by doing this way, and with turnaround times of 4-ships-at-a-time that comes out to around 210x4 games per week

Couple thousand battles later you have multiple tier 10 ships with 0 effort invested

Who would do this? Someone who can't be bothered to grind yet another line for themselves, or someone who's intending to sell a "has all t10s" acc to potatoes with more money than sense what to do with it...

I remember League having a lot of problems with this (IP farming in Dominion), pretty sure I've heard the same from WoT aswell... Technically they can get banned, practically... rather unlikely

Players
118 posts
1,721 battles
Vor 6 Stunden, RAYvenMP sagte:

Of course he will call it a whine, because he belongs to the other side, the game ruining potatos.

• Funny 1

[PN]
Players
152 posts
2,623 battles

Dear All,

If I may, I would suggest we avoid "ad hominem"" commentary.

Personal attacks are not constructive and throw a rather serious issue of the rails. Should someone make a "less than appropriate comment" it is far better to ignore and move on.

Now, on with the subject in caption.

There is no way someone can play so many battles in the time described.

There is very strong indication that something is wrong.

I was checking my stats and since November 17, 2018, that I registered, till today I have 1732 battles.

An incredible number since I can only play 6 to 10 battles a day now that I m back to work.

I had two months in my hands and I couldn't go out (or sleep). A badly broken leg can do that to a man.

My son trolled me badly as I used to restrict his play hours on PS and the PC. Pay back.

So, we have established that the observation made by the OP is at least very suspicious.

Does it influence game play?

Well yes. it discourages and disheartens RL players that try to achieve something. One doesn't like to play rigged games. Players will avoid playing and that is not healthy for the game.

Should it go untreated by WG will there be consequences?

Yes, players learn that breaking the rules and "hustling" the game goes off unpunished. It will slowly become a common practice. This is very unhealthy.

Not to mention that, if the player base accepts that the game can be rigged, naturally they will extrapolate and reasonably suspect that not only the Hall of Fame is crooked but, why not, the game play as well. This will result in a "tin foil hat" surge. Also very unhealthy.

Can WG react?

It is rather complicated. One can always claim that one is insomniac. One can claim that the same account is used by a group of friends. Many claims (that cannot be proven false or untrue) can be put forward in defense.

Now, dear Friends, complaining (rightly in this case) without offering solutions is not constructive. So here is my proposal.

What could possibly be done from WG side, in order to satisfy the player base and diminish the feeling of unfairness, is to, lets say count only your best 10 battles a day towards your final score in Hall of Fame.Same as they do with Containers.

Ten battles is approx. 3h 30m of play per day. Quite ok. It keeps the servers populated. And bots cant farm. Farming little every time needs many battles. Good players will make 10 good games and will be fairly rewarded. Average players will get a slight boost since only their best will be counted towards the final result. I guess it is a win win situation. And finally, this solution doesn't require policing and investigating.

Should you find this logical, kindly be encouraged to promote the idea with WG and who knows? WG might implement it. It is their product after-all. They care about it.

Regards,

Saltface

Edited by Saltface
grammar and synatx
  • Cool 1

Players
138 posts
8,553 battles

As we do not have enough information it is hard to judge what is really happening.

Real question is how to judge if that is a bot or not? Multisharing account is not allowed, so that is not explanation.

From health stand point maybe game should just have a limit that you can play 12h a day? Whould that change anything? No, it would make bots to stand out less (as they would play less battles).

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
590 posts
3 minutes ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

As we do not have enough information it is hard to judge what is really happening.

Real question is how to judge if that is a bot or not? Multisharing account is not allowed, so that is not explanation.

From health stand point maybe game should just have a limit that you can play 12h a day? Whould that change anything? No, it would make bots to stand out less (as they would play less battles).

Just because multisharing isn't allowed u think it's not done?

Quick example is the EvilJoe account.

[TIPC]
Players
368 posts
16,846 battles

and thats a major reason why i stopped  paying wg a year now..they never do anything about these kind of players so i cant invest money in a game platform like this...

• Boring 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
961 posts
5,431 battles

Did the OP raise a ticket with support to give details of this player?

If they did I presume they will get the usual response about the automated system will handle this.

If that is the case then it's a shame - obvious bot is obvious bot.

[TIPC]
Players
368 posts
16,846 battles
5 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Did the OP raise a ticket with support to give details of this player?

If they did I presume they will get the usual response about the automated system will handle this.

If that is the case then it's a shame - obvious bot is obvious bot.

a month ago i made a ticket about a troll cv player that  he has even admited himself in the forum that he just trolling arround with his tier 10 cv  doing nothing just moving his ship..ques what wg response was about their automated system 

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
2,382 battles

Last year there was an event in tanks for a pretty significant prize (a Graphics Card IIRC).

Same thing happened there - after a week, the top 3 slots were occupied by players with impossible numbers of games. 

However, thing with this event is that there isn't a prize? Isn't it just a badge for the top 100?