You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BruceRKF

Games you decided to play while the servers are wonky

18 comments in this topic

[FAILS]
Players
110 posts
13,028 battles

Since the WoWs servers are acting erratically and dont allow for proper fun gameplay right now, I was wondering who is substituting with other games and with which ones.

Myself, I started playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic yesterday. Haven't played it in about half a decade and... by the force, this game is still absolutely awesome. At over 15 years old, from the tech side it's obviously hopelessly outdated, but atmosphere, story and characters are bloody fantastic.

I think WoWs will have to play second fiddle for the next weak or so while I play through the gem that is KotoR once more. And then there is KotoR II... Good times ahead, no matter what the WG servers are doing.

• Cool 2

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
753 posts
7,160 battles

My drug: kerbal space program with realism overhaul, right now i have  a beast of spaceship in low earth orbit ready to go to mercury  for the 1st manned landing.

P.s. this tread will either be closed or moved to Off topics

Players
1,468 posts
3,725 battles

Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Lego DC Super Villains.

Because no-one said I was limited to PC games.

I actually played Smash online for the first time this weekend, it was quite a lot of fun, so long as you play Time Battle with items on. Although, I won far more Stock battles than I should have (their fault for not prioritising the Dedede/K. Rool with two stock left :cap_haloween:).

[FAILS]
Players
110 posts
13,028 battles
7 hours ago, Flavio1997 said:

P.s. this tread will either be closed or moved to Off topics

It is in off-topic though?

Also, I didn't even know Kerbal Space Program (heard the name once or twice, that's it), so I had to google it. Looks like it could be fun though.

6 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate and Lego DC Super Villains.

Because no-one said I was limited to PC games.

I actually played Smash online for the first time this weekend, it was quite a lot of fun, so long as you play Time Battle with items on. Although, I won far more Stock battles than I should have (their fault for not prioritising the Dedede/K. Rool with two stock left :cap_haloween:).

Smash Brothers definitely an alternative for always and everything. Got my old GameCube here which me and my flatmates use to beat each other up occasionally ;)

• Cool 1

Players
1,468 posts
3,725 battles
2 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

Smash Brothers definitely an alternative for always and everything. Got my old GameCube here which me and my flatmates use to beat each other up occasionally ;)

Gamecube, huh?

So are we a Melee Purist?:Smile_trollface:

[FAILS]
Players
110 posts
13,028 battles
53 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Gamecube, huh?

So are we a Melee Purist?:Smile_trollface:

Indeed. Unfortunately, back in the day I sold my N64 when I got the GC. Big mistake, since F-Zero X is one of the coolest games ever and GX is just not quite the same (I mostly blame the music).

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
6,368 battles

Europa Universalis IV and Oldschool RuneScape

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,891 posts
14,231 battles

Arma 3 and Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith.

• Cool 2

Players
879 posts
20,327 battles

...eve + swtor(love it!!!)...my big favs....allways like them..still play them...invested massively in them...so great!!!...love em till death!....eve...call me a captal-ship in EVE???..uhh.. I have it!!...great games..great people behind it all..love creative people...simply love em!

...but that said....for over 2 years allreay WOWS is my very #1...for over two years...so great!!!....such great people behind the screens making this immense experience available to us,,,us, the players....I LOVE those great creative people!!!...so yes..WoWS = me # 1...for sure

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
110 posts
13,028 battles

Interesting. I actually have played none of the games mentioned in the last 4 posts, although I have fond memories of playing ArmA II with the A.C.E. mod back in the day with my friends (and Operation Flashpoint before that). Most people don't have the patience for that kind of game, but if you get really into it, it's freaking amazing.

Players
1,468 posts
3,725 battles
7 hours ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...but that said....for over 2 years allreay WOWS is my very #1...for over two years...so great!!!....such great people behind the screens making this immense experience available to us,,,us, the players....I LOVE those great creative people!!!...so yes..WoWS = me # 1...for sure

Two years ago Persona 5, Nier Automata, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Horizon Zero Dawn were released...

You really do have a very limited experience of quality games if WoWS is your #1 Favourite.

All four of the above I would rank as being much, much better than WoWS.

I still enjoy WoWS, as it is quite fun to blow off steam on the odd occasion - and to make sure Asashio players stay where they belong: the bottom of the ocean.:Smile_trollface:

Also, this thread was about what games you played when the servers were down over the weekend, not about your favourite games...:Smile_smile:

Players
1,468 posts
3,725 battles
Just now, BruceRKF said:

Interesting. I actually have played none of the games mentioned in the last 4 posts,

If you want to try any of them Touhou 10 might be a struggle as it is a Bullet-Hell Shooter, a genre famous for requiring good twitch timing.

Also, Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith is a bit of a black sheep in the franchise due to having a non-standard bomb system and the Final Boss's final bullet pattern actually being harder on Easy difficulty than on Normal; you'd be better off playing 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom or 11: Subterranean Animism, due to their easier Easy difficulty.

Players
879 posts
20,327 battles

...some people like this or that games...depends peoples choices was talkin on-line...my heart will allways be with swtor....allways...still WoWS for over 2 year me by far big #1...that one will go beyond 70k logged in, have no doubts about it, know for sure (carrier-reworks + submarines..etc....etc...)...was talkin on-line-games....& stand alones...so many, lost count...have all far crys...played them...still...if ya ask me,,,stand alone, me favourite: "Total War Shogun 2" + all adds...love it...love ta see my armies march, immense game, = pc stand-alone...enjoy a nice drink & enjoying nice smoke ----> Shogun2...ta fill oyur "times in-betweens...our spare times...ta give us nice relaxation"...yeah, great

[SCRUB]
Players
7,577 posts
9,791 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Nier Automata

If only that game had a decent PC port.

I bought the game, tried to play it but the PC version is a complete mess. Utterly fudged controls, game won't even run 1080p without modding it and another myriad of technical inconveniences just detracted from the playing experience (what I actually played thorugh was mostly amazing and I've fallen in love with the games soundtrack, but trying to get the game and controls to work is just urgh) ... I have subdued hopes (as in nearly nonexistent, but acknowledging the possibility of it) that the recently announced GOTY YoRHa edition PC version might just come with sorely needed improvements to the PC port.

As for on-topic, I went back for another XCom:EW run. MECs are so hilariously OP!

[FAILS]
Players
110 posts
13,028 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

If only that game had a decent PC port.

I'm sooooo hoping for a PC port of Bayonetta 2. The port for the first was very well done indeed. Probably not gonna happen though :Smile_sad:

And I definitely won't be buying a console just for one or two games.

3 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

If you want to try any of them Touhou 10 might be a struggle as it is a Bullet-Hell Shooter, a genre famous for requiring good twitch timing.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that is simply not my genre.

By the way, KotoR was not the only thing I played during server downtime, just the one I played instead of WoWs. I also got the odd hour of Age of Empires II or Diablo II in, like I've been doing for over 17 years :Smile_smile:

• Cool 2

Players
1,468 posts
3,725 battles
4 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

I'm sooooo hoping for a PC port of Bayonetta 2. The port for the first was very well done indeed. Probably not gonna happen though :Smile_sad:

And I definitely won't be buying a console just for one or two games.

PC port might be a problem, as I'm fairly certain Ninty themselves had a hand in Bayonetta 2 even existing.

There's also an entire level in the game which is full-blown shout out to Star Fox, which (as a Smash player) you know is a Nintendo-owned property - so that would either have to be removed or swapped to an Afterburner shout out (a property owned by SEGA, who also own Bayonetta).

Switch recommendations:

• LOZ Breath of the Wild.
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate
  • Octopath Traveller
  • Super Mario Party (fun for 3-4 players, kinda boring with only 1 or 2)
  • Puyo Puyo Tetris (colourful fun puzzle games, online is dead though)

These are just games I've played. Others would probably suggest:

• Dark Souls Remastered (Giant Dad-ing on the go)
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Kirby: Star Allies
  • Mario Tennis Aces
  • [Name a given WiiU port here] - they're all good, just first appeared on a crap console

These are all I can think of right now, they are most certainly not exhaustive lists.