You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Patton_Master

GAMEPLAY GETTING WORSE

69 comments in this topic

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles

Hallo. I just wanted to ask. Is it only me or do others have the same impression that the gameplay is worse than 1 or 2 years ago.

Im an average player but  for me it looks like there are more and more bad players that dont know what to do and even dont read the minimap.

Of course after all this is just a game and should not be taken to serious. But when you play a game you want to win or at least be good in it.

But its frustrating you give your best but other members of the team are playing like potatoes and ruin the team success.

And  i have the feeling that this happens more often since last year. But maybe its just me.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[CATS]
Players
15,380 posts
11,042 battles

People are writing this for over two years now. If all were right, everyone would rush the middle and sink enemies by ramming by now, since nobody would be able to hit anything...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 3

Players
41 posts
3,092 battles

good and bad days...today was very bad...gave up after 6 games and punched myself in the face instead as it was more pleasurable

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Beta Tester
3,940 posts
14,134 battles
1 hour ago, Patton_Master said:

gameplay is worse than 1 or 2 years ago

Nah, it's not the GAMEPLAY that is worse... it's just the players that are playing as if they were utterly handicapped in every game relevant department - global brain functions, hand-eye coordination, logic skills etc etc.. - which leads to a less than desireable gameplay experience..

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
6,373 battles

Well, one good thing WG could do that wouldn't cost them much is enable alternative battle interface and last known positions markers by default.

• Cool 8

Beta Tester
202 posts
5,844 battles

People have been creating threads about the player base getting worse for most of the history of the game, however just lately I'm inclined to agree. Since Christmas the general standard of play seems more than usually bad, maybe due to increased activity from more casual and intermittent players lured in by the various holiday missions. Hopefully when the missions finish it should go back to normal just in time for the next patch to send game play quality back down into the toilet again as people try out the carrier rework.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
276 posts
5,104 battles
1 hour ago, Patton_Master said:

Hallo. I just wanted to ask. Is it only me or do others have the same impression that the gameplay is worse than 1 or 2 years ago.

It does seem to have got worse lately, I have been playing this for 18 months 

But it is up and down yesterday i only won like 2-3 games today the opposite 7 wins out of 10 games

• Cool 2

Players
21 posts
8,315 battles
4 minutes ago, Ronchabale said:

It does seem to have got worse lately, I have been playing this for 18 months 

But it is up and down yesterday i only won like 2-3 games today the opposite 7 wins out of 10 games

9 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

People have been creating threads about the player base getting worse for most of the history of the game, however just lately I'm inclined to agree. Since Christmas the general standard of play seems more than usually bad

Totally agreed.

• Cool 1

Players
3,657 posts
7,331 battles
9 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

People have been creating threads about the player base getting worse for most of the history of the game, however just lately I'm inclined to agree. Since Christmas the general standard of play seems more than usually bad, maybe due to increased activity from more casual and intermittent players lured in by the various holiday missions.

I guess that what might be happening is that the players who are interested in naval history joined early and took it fairly seriously and tried to get better, now a lot of them have gone and what we have left are the influx from Steam who just want a point and click arcade game.

• Cool 3

Players
276 posts
5,104 battles
4 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

I guess that what might be happening is that the players who are interested in naval history joined early and took it fairly seriously and tried to get better, now a lot of them have gone and what we have left are the influx from Steam who just want a point and click arcade game.

Also the Christmas binge on crates with a lot of players in "new" high tier premium ships  

• Cool 1

[AS13]
Players
2,242 posts
2,256 battles
26 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

People have been creating threads about the player base getting worse for most of the history of the game, however just lately I'm inclined to agree. Since Christmas the general standard of play seems more than usually bad, maybe due to increased activity from more casual and intermittent players lured in by the various holiday missions. Hopefully when the missions finish it should go back to normal just in time for the next patch to send game play quality back down into the toilet again as people try out the carrier rework.

I just recognise the 'idiot gameplay' from when we got RN DDs, same sort of stuff happened.

Furthermore it seems to go worse as I am playing higher tiers. Could be me though. :Smile_trollface:

:cap_wander_2:                                                                         :cap_fainting:

BURN.gif.d6c55448e4fc1f415e04841cf5f65254.gif865488162_LionstatsLOL.thumb.JPG.efc60266e502f32a732c79086476aa3c.JPG

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,483 battles
19 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

we have left are the influx from Steam who just want a point and click arcade game.

I have heard that a lot since wows went steam.

However https://steamcharts.com/app/552990 gives very limited amount of wows players, around 7k peak. And I presume those are spread over the servers.

• Cool 2

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
22 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

I have heard that a lot since wows went steam.

However https://steamcharts.com/app/552990 gives very limited amount of wows players, around 7k peak. And I presume those are spread over the servers.

Just think about it, older players were many alfa, beta players, and many of them left the game. While the new players that replaced them are steam players... 

• Cool 2

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,483 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Just think about it, older players were many alfa, beta players, and many of them left the game. While the new players that replaced them are steam players... 

Sure, I can think about it, but I'm not seeing it.

If you click on the link I gave, you can see that the last hour about 4.5K players played wows through steam. Let's say 3K of those play EU, or even all of them. There's 25K players online on EU atm. So I have a hard time understanding how 1/5 or less of the playerbase would give all the problems.

• Boring 1

Players
3,657 posts
7,331 battles
38 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Sure, I can think about it, but I'm not seeing it.

It doesn't need to be just the steam players though, just newer players in general.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,747 posts
9,483 battles
15 hours ago, Capra76 said:

It doesn't need to be just the steam players though, just newer players in general. 

Well I will be the last one to deny playerbase getting worse and worse.

Also, regarding original topic. Did some solo games & some divs later with @El2aZeR. I have to agree, was probably worst evening ever in this game.

*edit

Edited by Rvirgo
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming and shaming
  • Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,896 posts
14,234 battles
20 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

was probably worst evening ever in this game

Spoiler
Ship played Win/Lose Stomp Y/N Map Match duration Team to Enemy losses Gamemode Match end cause Comments
Enterprise W N Warrior's Path 15:39 8 to 11 Domination Objective achieved Get all caps, team tries to throw hard but fails
Midway W N Loop 15:11 5 to 9 Domination Objective achieved 2 vs 1 caps, enemy team tries to contest but eventually gets outtraded
Lyon L N Northern Lights 19:25 10 to 8 Standard Objective achieved Get severe ship advantage, team throws by leaving our own cap completely exposed
Lyon W N Hotspot 15:48 8 to 12 Domination Team eliminated Enemy gets severe cap advantage, proceeds to throw hard
La Galissoniére L Y Shards 14:29 9 to 9 Domination Objective achieved All DDs retarded, don't contest caps nor do they scout. All caps lost. Default loss
La Galissoniére L Y Haven 07:51 2 to 1 Standard Objective achieved 4 BBs camping right next to cap as it is being taken. None move to block. Default loss
La Galissoniére W N Estuary 13:24 5 to 11 Domination Objective achieved Entire team either camping 10 or 1 line. All caps lost. Enemy team then proceeds to throw hard
Taiho W N Haven 18:10 6 to 9 Domination Objective achieved Enemy cap advantage turned by them throwing hard
Yamato W Y Haven 10:45 3 to 10 Domination Objective achieved Long range campfest. We get vastly better trades and win
Midway W Y Warrior's Path 09:34 3 to 8 Domination Score reduced to 0 Successful decisive pushes on both A and C. Enemy unicum AA div crushed

To put some context into that.

Average player skill has pretty much always been abysmal for the last 2 years, but the amount of bull:etc_swear: I've seen these last few weeks is unreal.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
11 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Also, regarding original topic. Did some solo games & some divs later with @El2aZeR. I have to agree, was probably worst evening ever in this game.

This weekend was horrible.

Not sure if it was the players only, but felt like MM screwing around bigtime aswell.

Every non T9/10 game we were lowtier -2, except once which was only -1.

Play t6 -> T8 MM

T8? -> T10 MM (mostly no other T8s around + ocean map once)

T7 was once T8 and once T9 MM.

Feels like before they changed T8 MM to me, but with getting screwed at T6+T7 aswell. Before friday MM felt really decent. Was an equal amount of being top and lowtier regardless which tier i played.

• Cool 1

[HARF]
Players
325 posts
10,971 battles

Just accidentally played a random battle. That will cure me from doing so again for a while. Had 4 dds, 2 divs of 2dds each. 2 to a, 2 to c, gave up b and a pretty obvious loss. Not my definition of fun or engaging any more than having teeth pulled. I question why I still play, surely I am not dumb enough to think its going to get any better. Just to think many of you endure that many times per day, you must all be sadistic or something.

There is still an unwillingness of the majority to move forward at the start of the battle and after that its a race to the map border. The main mode of play will always be random battle and therefore I will never enjoy pvp and pve is pretty boring. I think about every sport or game which I have ever played for fun and I concluded that if any of them were "random" in terms of its team makeup, I would not have enjoyed or played any of them.

Seems many of those who moan most about other players are often those who defend random mm the most vehemently. The situation we have right now is an inevitable effect of random mm. As random mm is going nowhere, prepare yourselves for things to get a lot worse without much hope that it will ever then get better.

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,896 posts
14,234 battles
1 hour ago, Chiledip said:

Seems many of those who moan most about other players are often those who defend random mm the most vehemently. The situation we have right now is an inevitable effect of random mm. As random mm is going nowhere, prepare yourselves for things to get a lot worse without much hope that it will ever then get better.

There are other ways to improve the game than to destroy it via skill based MM.

[HARF]
Players
325 posts
10,971 battles
25 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

There are other ways to improve the game than to destroy it via skill based MM.

I can't advocate a change in random MM because of just that. However what you are left with is a really unpleasant,unrewarding game mode which is here to stay and getting worse. To be honest, I stick around in the hope that a second permanent game mode is introduced, a skill based one. I doubt that the population will ever be big enough to accomodate this however. Replacing random with skill based would be very detrimental,adding a second mode (if population allowed) would be a great alternative

All I am saying is that if you are a fan of random MM, don't complain about the results of your preferences. Most of those who complain, love random mm and defend it with great verve. That's not really joined-up thinking is it?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,896 posts
14,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Chiledip said:

Most of those who complain, love random mm and defend it with great verve.

Guess what, that's because random MM isn't actually the issue, while skill based MM will either have no impact at all or ultimately be beneficial to no one but the most :etc_swear: potatoes.