Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RAYvenMP

re-balance of legendary modules (and adding new ones)?

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[IDDQD]
Players
157 posts
7,491 battles

it takes some ~100 games to unlock legendary module, and while some are great (yamato, zao, kaba, HIV...) some unique or fun (gearing, shima, DM, GK..) some are utterly useless and unusable (Wooster, minotaur, monty, z52...)

It feels really underwhelming to spend that much time unlocking the module knowing it would be downgrade in absolutely every game situation...

I do fully support that modules should be trade-offs, but NOONE would trade concealment and smoke duration for more smoke puffs on minotaur... 

 

second questions would be plans to add leg modules to "new" TX ships? how much development effort it can be? Salem or Stalingrad are available for ages, and daring/hargumo arent also super new...we did not even hear any plans to add them in next patches...

 

i like to have some long term goals in games, like the Yamamoto campaign or the modules, kinda makes it feel like some kind of progression even at TX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster
3,763 posts
8,474 battles
15 minutes ago, RAYvenMP said:

NOONE would trade concealment

That knows about the value of concealment which is unfortunately a minority of the playerbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OP-B]
Beta Tester
370 posts
2,921 battles
44 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Honestly, I really want to try the Wooster one

I want to try the Z52 one, but got so much of a grind left on EU.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[COTNS]
Players
143 posts
2,804 battles

it would be nice if they re-balanced some of the more useless once. even just to make them a competitive optional choice. reducing how much some ships rely on concealment would likely help or put them in a different slot..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles
9 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Shima and YY need a change.

 

 

I really like the GK. Gearing's is decent.

Gearing's is overpowered in competitive modes,  DM's is too, they completely change how those ships behave. Even with the slight loss of dpm for Gearing, she still out dpm's every DD she will ever find in CB's that actually comes close to her concealment, with the single exception of Daring (who is an awful choice for CB's by virtue of being so damn slow;  the few we've found we've just run down in Henri's and there's nothing they can do about it.) and she outconceals all but Shima and Daring by at least 400 metres and is only outconcealed by the two former by 100 metres. Combine this with the 16km torps to eff over radar ships hugging islands from outside their radar range, and you have a DD with effectively no weaknesses in CB's at least. (Or at least none that other DD's do not also have.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,073 posts
12,373 battles
9 minutes ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Gearing's is overpowered in competitive modes,  DM's is too, they completely change how those ships behave. Even with the slight loss of dpm for Gearing, she still out dpm's every DD she will ever find in CB's that actually comes close to her concealment, with the single exception of Daring (who is an awful choice for CB's by virtue of being so damn slow;  the few we've found we've just run down in Henri's and there's nothing they can do about it.) and she outconceals all but Shima and Daring by at least 400 metres and is only outconcealed by the two former by 100 metres. Combine this with the 16km torps to eff over radar ships hugging islands from outside their radar range, and you have a DD with effectively no weaknesses in CB's at least. (Or at least none that other DD's do not also have.) 

Given the nerf to YY, Gearing with LM is a good choice in cbs, but I wouldn't call it OP. Probably the best dd in cbs, but there's always be one that's slightly better than the next one, and the DPM of LM Gearing isn't terrifying in cbs. Flanking radarships by going around is kind of dicey too given the time it takes and RL. Not like you'll surprise anyone. There's still caps to take and radar range doesn't care about a slight concealment buff.

 

In Random games, it's decent module. Maybe a slight upgrade.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles
2 hours ago, kingzy2013 said:

it would be nice if they re-balanced some of the more useless once.

 

You will see, WG "data" will show that people are using the modules.

And i dont even doubt that. Idiots probably will use every LM they get, since they cant understand if its useful or not. Hard to get = must be awesome. Slap some impressive % numbers on it and they go like "wooooow" :cap_fainting:

 

Related to that, but im not sure:

If you look at the Arsenal the tab "popular" it shows DCP mod 1... so we can assume many players buy that module despite it being totaly crap in reality?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,841 posts
12,458 battles
16 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Related to that, but im not sure:

If you look at the Arsenal the tab "popular" it shows DCP mod 1... so we can assume many players buy that module despite it being totaly crap in reality?

Or it's a WG trick to make more people buy it.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,409 posts
15,160 battles
2 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

Gearing's is overpowered in competitive modes,  DM's is too, they completely change how those ships behave. Even with the slight loss of dpm for Gearing, she still out dpm's every DD she will ever find in CB's that actually comes close to her concealment, with the single exception of Daring (who is an awful choice for CB's by virtue of being so damn slow;  the few we've found we've just run down in Henri's and there's nothing they can do about it.) and she outconceals all but Shima and Daring by at least 400 metres and is only outconcealed by the two former by 100 metres. Combine this with the 16km torps to eff over radar ships hugging islands from outside their radar range, and you have a DD with effectively no weaknesses in CB's at least. (Or at least none that other DD's do not also have.) 

Yup Gearing Super MOD is pain in the butt..... Im not allowed to bring ANY other tier X DD since i unlocked the module... :Smile_hiding::Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POP]
Players
330 posts
7,880 battles
2 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

 she outconceals all but Shima and Daring by at least 400 metres and is only outconcealed by the two former by 100 metres.

 

What's this? My Daring has a concealment range of 6km and that is atrociously poor.

 

And yes, many of the LM needs a rebalance. Tried Henri's twice, the first and the last time. Still loving Moskva's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
978 posts
7,801 battles
1 minute ago, Altsak said:

 

What's this? My Daring has a concealment range of 6km and that is atrociously poor.

 

And yes, many of the LM needs a rebalance. Tried Henri's twice, the first and the last time. Still loving Moskva's.

Right I keep forgetting her stealth was changed before she was released. I keep assuming she has retard concealment like Cossack, Lightning and Jutland do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,284 posts
9,778 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, DFens_666 sagte:

If you look at the Arsenal the tab "popular" it shows DCP mod 1... so we can assume many players buy that module despite it being totaly crap in reality?

 

Either that or they use the well-known Amazon marketing technique ("Players who bough this also liked...")

 

Just to get them off the shelves, I mean their DCP stocks must have dust and cobwebbs all over by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×