Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Procrastes

Unable to switch captains between ships - what happens next?

12 comments in this topic

Question

Beta Tester
2,079 posts
2,254 battles

I am currently unable to switch captains between ships, or claim  reward containers, due to  what the game describes as as "Transaction processing error". I am advised to "please try again later".

Fair enough - but does anyone know what "later" means in this context? And can I do anything to speed this up?

 

I had some loose plans to sail in division with my clan mates today, and it would be good to know if I can do this with a full set of ships available. And this captain reassignment block also messes with my chances to complete certain missions, that require me to sail out in certain ships.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Players
1,362 posts
5,356 battles

Parts of the servers are still a little bit broken and won't be fixed fully until Monday according to WG's post in the News section so I'd wait til tomorrow.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
49 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

I am currently unable to switch captains between ships, or claim  reward containers, due to  what the game describes as as "Transaction processing error". I am advised to "please try again later".

Fair enough - but does anyone know what "later" means in this context? And can I do anything to speed this up?

 

I had some loose plans to sail in division with my clan mates today, and it would be good to know if I can do this with a full set of ships available. And this captain reassignment block also messes with my chances to complete certain missions, that require me to sail out in certain ships.

 

So you havent been playing the last few days? Because for the last 3 days it has been happening.

 

And what happens next? Glad you ask: if like yesterday, 2-3 hours of downtime, so enjoy whatever you have to do IRL...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beta Tester
2,079 posts
2,254 battles
10 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Parts of the servers are still a little bit broken and won't be fixed fully until Monday according to WG's post in the News section so I'd wait til tomorrow.

Thanks, mate - I guess I'll do that!

 

1 minute ago, Juanx said:

 

So you havent been playing the last few days? Because for the last 3 days it has been happening.

 

And what happens next? Glad you ask: if like yesterday, 2-3 hours of downtime, so enjoy whatever you have to do IRL...

Aside from trying - and failing - to log in properly yesterday, I have not been playing for the last few days, no. So  this mess was news to me. And since transaction processing errors have occurred before -- although they have previously applied only to reward containers, if I remember correctly - I thought I'd toss out the question. As usual on this forum, I got swift and informative replies. So I thank you, too, for taking the trouble to answer!

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[PMI]
Players
2,487 posts
5,898 battles
Just now, Procrastes said:

Thanks, mate - I guess I'll do that!

 

Aside from trying - and failing - to log in properly yesterday, I have not been playing for the last few days, no. So  this mess was news to me. And since transaction processing errors have occurred before -- although they have previously applied only to reward containers, if I remember correctly - I thought I'd toss out the question. As usual on this forum, I got swift and informative replies. So I thank you, too, for taking the trouble to answer!

 

Erm, no it was not news? You posted on the server issues thread. This here is just your attention seeking fad.

 

But thank you anyways, just remember to read and respect forum rules by not duplicating items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beta Tester
2,079 posts
2,254 battles
28 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Erm, no it was not news? You posted on the server issues thread. This here is just your attention seeking fad.

Wow, that turned around fast. :Smile_teethhappy:

I thought this container claim/captain switch thing might be an unrelated issue, since I had seen it before, is all. No need to take a swing at me for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[GW_KR]
Players
33 posts
4,634 battles

When I get this message and error - which I have had a few times - it has always worked to restart the client program. Then it dissappears. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Players
736 posts
8,136 battles
1 hour ago, Procrastes said:

hought this container claim/captain switch thing might be an unrelated issue, since I had seen it before, is all. No need to take a swing at me for that.

Captain thing probably is completly unrelated to current server issue. This kind of occasional thing has exicted well over a year.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beta Tester
2,079 posts
2,254 battles
1 hour ago, mariouus said:

Captain thing probably is completly unrelated to current server issue. This kind of occasional thing has exicted well over a year.

Yes, that is what I was thinking myself. Maybe WG will get to fixing that as well,while they're at it!

1 hour ago, OldPappy said:

When I get this message and error - which I have had a few times - it has always worked to restart the client program. Then it dissappears. 

Please forgive my ignorance - but what exactly do I do to "restart the client program"?

It's something other than simply restarting my PC or the game itself, I guess? :Smile_Default:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Beta Tester
2,079 posts
2,254 battles

Well, what do you know. I just logged in again, and now it works. I'll try to get some more nautical miles under my belt while I'm at it - see you on the high seas! :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[GW_KR]
Players
33 posts
4,634 battles

Excellent. 😊👍🏻

Sail fast and aim well, friend!

( Although not at me, of course!😬)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
[MXII]
Moderators
63 posts

Greetings.

 

I am closing this thread as it has no more point to be discussed.

Also it has been redirected in the correct sub-forum.

 

Please be mindful of where you create threads, as it can be considered as spam, and spam can be sanctioned by the rules of the forum.

 

If you have any issue related to the game, consider contacting the Support Team with instruction via the following link :

 

Wargaming Europe Support

 

Thank you for your understanding.

 

Admiral Hierrark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×