You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Crysantos

PSA: Recap of Weekend Server Issues

45 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,267 posts
11,793 battles

Ahoi captains!

As a lot of you might have faced the server issues and wondered what went so wrong in last 24 hours, I will try give you a non technical summary of the problem.

Initially, there was a fatal problem in one of the server's software that caused servers to go down (software kinda similar to BIOS on motherboard, to make an analogy). Right now we've jerry-rigged a fix by disabling some of the network interfaces, but for proper fix we'll need to fully reconfigure the network routing and some routers to the point where we'll have to physically work on them, not some remote software shenanigans + re-configuration network interfaces. That is, the issue was with the hardware itself which could not be solved by remote commands and re-configurations. The fix will hold and the game is stable now.

Obviously the down time and issues were under our quality expectations which impacted the vast majority of the players. So there will be an appropriate compensation for the players on the EU server. Please be patient until Monday where we can reconvene and we will then announce the compensation.  

We sincerely apologise for the mess and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Action stations!

• Cool 23
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

Modder
4,001 posts
7,105 battles

@Crysantos

So basically you are telling us, that after years of abuse the server hamsters finally were deceased and that you had to replace them? Right?!

ecb54ca28154941198a725a3ab628c112da4fe5d.gif.bf6f4eb3912be3b6e58f05f5e2b06c27.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[-5D4-]
[-5D4-]
Beta Tester
204 posts
2,932 battles

Thankyou for the update and I wish you luck on getting the servers in good health.

[BITAM]
[BITAM]
Players
31 posts
19,499 battles
you will give us 2 flags and okay.Add something good for the hassle they did not become clan battle missions and missed fights

[BITAM]
Beta Tester
96 posts
20,283 battles

You posted a video back in the days of the data center...that is military grade and such..that the data center has a whole mirror building so it's impossible to go down.

After this the last 2 days we can easily assume that all this was lies just to fool everyone.

Let's see now how you will compensate all our wasted flags,XP,steel mission progress and most important our TIME.

• Cool 3

[T-W-D]
[T-W-D]
Beta Tester
42 posts
10,634 battles

It has been a little bit frustrating with the servers up and down so the clarification is much appreciated.

[EARTH]
Players
10 posts
1,493 battles
2 hours ago, Elias_D said:

You posted a video back in the days of the data center...that is military grade and such..that the data center has a whole mirror building so it's impossible to go down.

After this the last 2 days we can easily assume that all this was lies just to fool everyone.

Let's see now how you will compensate all our wasted flags,XP,steel mission progress and most important our TIME.

You assume both didn't mess up. and that the miltary is perfect (perhaps at doing things on a regulated budget../):cap_haloween:

oddly enough looking it up earlier  with a down detction site, I noticed there were a few .mil sites down!

4 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Obviously the down time and issues were under our quality expectations which impacted the vast majority of the players. So there will be an appropriate compensation for the players on the EU server. Please be patient until Monday where we can reconvene and we will then announce the compensation.  

How does one get compensation, and do you get it you did manage to get into the game on the 6th attempt and a odd hour! :cap_book:

Or just for premium time?

See also

@principat121

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/111641-server-maintenance-january-18-600-cet-500-utc/?do=findComment&comment=2820234

the thing that puzzled me is that this (EU) forum kept getting 502/504 errors as well when trying to load this up, and thats been ocassional for a week or so. Otherwise would of replied saying its the CV players nuking the servers going REEE due to the delayed rework :fish_viking:

[ITA_5]
Players
212 posts
5,471 battles
5 ore fa, Crysantos ha scritto:

Ahoi captains!

As a lot of you might have faced the server issues and wondered what went so wrong in last 24 hours, I will try give you a non technical summary of the problem.

Initially, there was a fatal problem in one of the server's software that caused servers to go down (software kinda similar to BIOS on motherboard, to make an analogy). Right now we've jerry-rigged a fix by disabling some of the network interfaces, but for proper fix we'll need to fully reconfigure the network routing and some routers to the point where we'll have to physically work on them, not some remote software shenanigans + re-configuration network interfaces. That is, the issue was with the hardware itself which could not be solved by remote commands and re-configurations. The fix will hold and the game is stable now.

We sincerely apologise for the mess and appreciate your understanding and patience. 

Action stations!

Thank you for the info, yes a lot of shut down and impossibility to load the game... it happen. WOW!!! @Crysantos <<Please be patient until Monday where we can reconvene and we will then announce the compensation.>> this is great! so I expect to have as compensation the KUTUZOV? Or GREMYASHCHY? Or at least IMPERATOR NIKOLAI I? Great!!! :Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy::Smile_veryhappy:

Beta Tester
34 posts
18,983 battles

How they will compensate battle flags, economic flags, special flags, and camos!? By adding new offer in premium shop so we can buy it by discounted prize?! Maybe there will be missions, to compensate, so we must again grind them?! How they will compensate time, and lost opportunity to finish daily missions or rewards for clan battles?!

This is more then sad WG, why there are no issues with other region servers, but only, and only with EU server? Remember what happen when you applied "American ships patch", same thing? I am wondering what is going to happen when you apply 0.8 patch with new core (CV rework)? 

We don't want more to listen apologizes and reasons what has happen (I really don't care), but we want straight answers how and when are you going to solve our problems, cause most of us are paying you by playing.

At least, you gave me, brand new port UI (which need fix for years from now):

shot-19.01.19_20.12.40-0952.jpg

• Cool 1

[FO3]
[FO3]
Players
7 posts
2,863 battles

I opened 2 of 4 containers. I got a Perth ship. Now everything is gone. Iˇm really curious about the compensation :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[SWEOV]
Players
16 posts
3,227 battles
20 hours ago, Crysantos said:

Ahoi captains!

Action stations!

I don't know how much xp or cred or awards that I have missed because of all problems with all of this 

[TOTS]
Alpha Tester
19 posts

The server is down again ? I was unable to join battle 2 hours ago, then I log out and login.... unable to log again :(

Perpete

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,380 battles
5 hours ago, morg3n3s said:

I opened 2 of 4 containers. I got a Perth ship. Now everything is gone. Iˇm really curious about the compensation :Smile_sceptic:

If you got a ship and it's gone. Better send a ticket to WG support.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
8,767 battles

It has been a little frustrating with the servers up and down and we did not receive the compensation. ( SPI Clan )

Beta Tester
34 posts
18,983 battles

Still no news from WG how they will compensate? Typical WG attitude, so I am not so surprised.

• Bad 1

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,702 battles
17 minutes ago, Viking_DK_ said:

It has been a little frustrating with the servers up and down and we did not receive the compensation. ( SPI Clan )

The compensation has not yet been announced.

[COSTS]
[COSTS]
Players
26 posts
1,598 battles

I appreciate that you are telling us what you have been told to say . . . but as someone who has worked in telecommunications and IT for over four decades, the official "technical explanation" for the problem is quite literally incredible, and makes zero sense.

• Cool 1

[A-TOM]
Beta Tester
74 posts
5,327 battles

We've all had horrible weekend with World of Warships, You know it. So I wander, how much reconvene time do You need before You announce something. I hope it is because any compensation coming to Your minds You find not enough and You are looking for something greater, not because You disregard us, devoted players.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,556 posts
9,150 battles

i find the lack of any further news a bit disconcerting, even a 'hey guys we're having a meeting later' or 'our engineers are running diagnostics' would be preferable to nothing...

[BOATY]
Players
634 posts
8,981 battles
On 1/19/2019 at 10:40 PM, Crysantos said:

Ahoi captains!

Action stations!

Which Monday as this one is already over?