1. 1. Which ship conquers the sea?

• Yamato, Japanese
    • Republique, French

10 comments in this topic

[ICI]
23 posts
1,010 battles

Hey guys! 

I am currently choosing between the Republique and the Yamato. Since I have a hard time deciding, I saw my shot to start a thread and let you guys help me! 

So, what are you guys thoughts on the Yamato and Republique? Pros and cons? Their playstyle? 

I know myself I like agressive playstyle (Montana and G.Kurfürst are my current T10 BB's.) So let's get the discussion going :cap_horn:

Players
154 posts
1,370 battles
7 hours ago, Immoxb said:

Hey guys! 

I am currently choosing between the Republique and the Yamato. Since I have a hard time deciding, I saw my shot to start a thread and let you guys help me! 

So, what are you guys thoughts on the Yamato and Republique? Pros and cons? Their playstyle? 

I know myself I like agressive playstyle (Montana and G.Kurfürst are my current T10 BB's.) So let's get the discussion going :cap_horn:

Well the answer should be quite obvious if you just

A: researched the ship and their strengths.

B: have observed their playstyle in-game or via YouTube.

I would go for the battleship Stalingrad if I were you, fits you criteria perfectly :cap_haloween:

[ICI]
23 posts
1,010 battles

Indeed hyperion! 

What I wanted to do though, instead of watching youtube videos, I wanted to talk other players and let them tell their experiences witth the ship. 

I have researched their pro's and cons technical wise, but not in-game wise.. Thats what I hoped the playerbase would be be able to tell me :) 

I didnt really think about Stalingrad, I'll definiately look into that one! 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,602 posts
6,879 battles
22 hours ago, Immoxb said:

Republique and the Yamato

Primarily anti-CA vs anti-BB

22 hours ago, Immoxb said:

I know myself I like agressive playstyle

GDxDQvN.png

I think that answers it

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,361 posts
5,279 battles
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Primarily anti-CA vs anti-BB

GDxDQvN.png

I think that answers it

Implying you can be very agressive in the "I have 32 mm armor all over and has the profile of a CV"-Republique :Smile_trollface:

Snarky comments aside the Republique is the ship out of those two if you want a bit more in your face approach. It can still be pretty durable if you angle and with your fast RoF and speedy turrets it can dish out a suprising amount of damage even in a brawling situation (not suggesting you go brawl in the first place however unless in very specific situations). 

Use the speed, stay midrange ~15 km is optimal since it allows you to hit targets with relative ease and still leaves a gap for yourself to get undetected if you need to. Focus cruisers first (as always) since your guns overmatch every cruiser apart from Moskva and Stalingrad. Also don't forget your HE when fighting angled BB's or DD's. Your reload is fast and your HE is pretty good so switching ammo in a pinch does not hurt you as much as other tier 10 BB's.

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,602 posts
6,879 battles
Just now, ollonborre said:

Implying you can be very agressive in the "I have 32 mm armor all over and has the profile of a CV"-Republique :Smile_trollface:

At least in Rep you won't get citadelled so hard you still feel it in the next match by the 1st CA to whom you give your broadside :cap_haloween:

[ICI]
23 posts
1,010 battles

What I've heard is aswell that the Yamato (as Wilkatis refers to) is basically just citadel in every and each bullet that hits your ship.

So far: The republique is a CA hunter, and uses HE against (angled) BB's. You say that their guns overmatch every CA's - But how does the republique do against a BB? Thinkin of pen vs. their armor. Can you do with the use of AP or would you use HE against BB's?

[HOME]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,024 posts
7,342 battles
14 minutes ago, Immoxb said:

Can you do with the use of AP or would you use HE against BB's?

Republiq has great AP, so most of the time you use that AP. It also has nice HE, so combined with insane RoF for her caliber, I sometimes use the HE if the BB really insists on angling. Overall stick to the AP, it has monstrous penetration and nice ballistics, making it great tool against any broadsiding ship. Especially Yamato and Montana are easy to citadel with Rep, even at ranges. To recap: fire mostly AP, but you can use HE against angled BBs (+ Moskva/Stalingrad) and DDs.

As you are looking for a battleship, forget the suggestion about Stalingrad. While she isn't really a cruiser, she isn't a battleship either.

• Cool 1

[ICI]
23 posts
1,010 battles

It sounds like I'm towards the repub, although shes not entirely my playstyle but everything can be learned! She sounds like shes really good at what she does :) 

Beta Tester
1,361 posts
5,279 battles
50 minutes ago, Immoxb said:

What I've heard is aswell that the Yamato (as Wilkatis refers to) is basically just citadel in every and each bullet that hits your ship.

If you missplay, yes. Properly angled and in a good position a Yamato can only really be countered by another Yamato or a CV. Your armor is monstrous when angled, you have a 57 mm deck so direct HE damage is much less effective (with fire prevention you also worry less about fires) and if you manage to get caught by torpedos 55% torpedo belt ensures that you probably will live through it. 

And at the same time your lolpen accurate guns rip through most ships on the enemy team as long as you know what you can overmatch.

Give full broadside however and you will get wrecked pretty hard.

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this