You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
British_Imperialist

Queue in a Stock Tier 7 Cruiser

33 comments in this topic

Players
202 posts
2,483 battles

Get put into a tier 9 game with a Musashi, everyone outranges me, the Destroyers on the enemy team have nearly the same amount of health, I can't shoot at anything without exposing myself and instantly dying. This is ridiculous. Can we PLEASE remove Hull and Range upgrades, at the very least and have everyone start on the same playing field when they buy a ship?

• Funny 4

Players
202 posts
2,483 battles
Just now, GarrusBrutus said:

You have some freeXP saved? :Smile_hiding:

image.png.3dda6e796f3f36122d5e3e206a9ef432.png

Yeah forgive me for not being able to instantly drop 4m credits to buy, upgrade, equip and retrain a captain for a ship before I play it. Some of us aren't moneybags.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,185 posts
18,932 battles
4 minutes ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

Some of us aren't moneybags.

You do realize that this is part of the monetization system in this game?

You either drop cash on the game, are good enough that you don't need to do so or you have sufficient willpower to suffer through things like the stock grind. The entire point of this is to make you spend real money.

• Cool 4

[LEEUW]
Players
1,975 posts
9,856 battles
14 minutes ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

Some of us aren't moneybags.

Meanwhile you have 15 premiums.

• Funny 11

Players
202 posts
2,483 battles
5 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Meanwhile you have 15 premiums.

And I should play ships I don't feel like playing at any given time to play ships I do want to? I play games to relax, not to work. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[LEEUW]
Players
1,975 posts
9,856 battles
5 minutes ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

And I should play ships I don't feel like playing at any given time to play ships I do want to? I play games to relax, not to work. 

I never said you should play ships you don't want to play. But stock ships aren't fun to play. Premiums are always fully upgraded, so why not play them until you have enough credits to upgrade your stock ships? 

Meanwhile you went ahead and skipped tier 9 almost entirely. Maybe should've saved some freeXP to upgrade stock ships? 

• Cool 2

Players
202 posts
2,483 battles
3 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

I never said you should play ships you don't want to play. But stock ships aren't fun to play. Premiums are always fully upgraded, so why not play them until you have enough credits to upgrade your stock ships? 

Meanwhile you went ahead and skipped tier 9 almost entirely. Maybe should've saved some freeXP to upgrade stock ships? 

I mean yeah thats good advice, I'm more just still mad at the fact I got one shot across the map by a musashi more than anything and just needed to vent tbh

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[LEEUW]
Players
1,975 posts
9,856 battles
1 minute ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

I mean yeah thats good advice, I'm more just still mad at the fact I got one shot across the map by a musashi more than anything and just needed to vent tbh

I feel you man. It can really suck the fun out of the game and make the grind feel like a chore. I'm for example grinding the Z23 and even fully upgraded I feel at such a disadvantage to other ships in the numerous tier 10 matches it gets. 

That's why I try to fully upgrade my ships as much as possible before taking them out in Randoms. Coop/operations are also really good for that, if you're into it.

Ps. getting one shot in a cruiser (especially a manoeuvrable tier 7 cruiser) across the map means you were spotted and shot at, yet you remained sailing in a straight line or you were stationary. Both situations are... less than optimal I'd say. :Smile_teethhappy: 

• Cool 1

Players
89 posts
4,024 battles

The mushy can, if lucky enough, one shot almost everything from across the map. It wouldn't really have mattered if you had a stock ship or a fully upgraded one.

With that being said, ya stock ships suck. Especially CA/CL since they kind of need their range upgrade to even engage other ships.

(Having to play with stock ships is one reason why I don't care that much about win rate in this game. They are to gimped sometimes to have any chance of even hurting other high tier upgraded ships.)

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

Musashi would fare well if she were classified as a T10 ship. Whining about ending up against one of the most OP ships isn't helping your case of whining about poor performance of other ships.

14 hours ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

Yeah forgive me for not being able to instantly drop 4m credits to buy, upgrade, equip and retrain a captain for a ship before I play it. Some of us aren't moneybags.

If you can't fully equip the ship because you're too poor (in-game, that is) then you've only got yourself to blame. I'm not going to say I've never spent any money on the game, but I've never spent any money that has affected such things, and I've never had a problem with that. If you find it so bothersome to play stock ships, do something about it and get the resources to avoid that, rather than come to the forums and whine about it. It's not hard; it just requires some planning and effort. But maybe that's too much.

• Cool 1

[BOA2Y]
Beta Tester
5,014 posts
22,862 battles
4 hours ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

You retrain your captain 50% for 200 k credits and free XP some ship modules (which one depends on each ship), is good enough. You can also play Coop or Operations to retrain the last 50% of the captain. Or use some of the free premium ships to train the captain. 

You never ever use free XP to skip ships or get the next ship faster. 

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
3,559 posts
14,702 battles
5 hours ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

I can't shoot at anything without exposing myself and instantly dying. This is ridiculous.

Call it the Omaha Lesson. Don't fire first and charge towards the enemy. They'll wait for you to overextend or turn away and then enjoy a feast of citadels. Sometimes you can't help it , mind, and then going boom is inevitable. It's why playing cruisers becomes less and less fun the higher up you go.7

Oh and stock ships? What those event camos were invented for. You have to put up with your ship being some ghastly colours, but they do get you upgraded faster.

Players
2,544 posts
12,556 battles
4 hours ago, AnotherDuck said:

usashi would fare well if she was classified as a T10 ship

BS like that should never have been put into t9 to begin with. WG: "yea but compared to yamato she got less AA and worse dispersion". F off.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
6 hours ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

No amount of upgrades for T7 cruiser, or any cruiser for that matter will help you against Moosushi/Yamato guns

5,861 posts
10,266 battles
6 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

But stock ships aren't fun to play.

Debatable...

that being said... playing stock Fuso with her old A-Hull ... was a tiny bit challenging :Smile_hiding:

But yeah, at OP: No matter if stock or not a T9 BB will wreak havoc on you. Luckily MM favours T7 more often than not by placing you top tier. Let's you relax inbetween the +2 "work" when you have to carry T9s to the win.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
7,528 battles
7 hours ago, Amaterasu_Regale said:

So you buy the next ship without being able to at least get the bare minumum upgrades off the bat? And that is somehow someone elses fault?

Man, people and thinking...I keep repeating myself...

• Bad 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,530 posts
6,697 battles
7 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Ps. getting one shot in a cruiser (especially a manoeuvrable tier 7 cruiser) across the map means you were spotted and shot at, yet you remained sailing in a straight line or you were stationary. Both situations are... less than optimal I'd say. :Smile_teethhappy: 

@Amaterasu_Regale

THIS advice is the most important upgrade. Also goes for every other ship...

I even get smacked in a T9, fully upgraded, Lion if I do this with a Musashi present. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,484 posts
38,587 battles
2 hours ago, Allied_Winter said:

Debatable...

that being said... playing stock Fuso with her old A-Hull ... was a tiny bit challenging :Smile_hiding:

True, it is not fair that new players should not be able to play suffer that gem.

And then the Freexp were so rare that you just had to endure. 

But she looked nice, strange that the T5 Yamashiro premium has not arrived yet.

13 km range or so...

fuso 0.jpg

fuso 1.jpg

fuso 2.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
47 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

True, it is not fair that new players should not be able to play suffer that gem.

And then the Freexp were so rare that you just had to endure. 

But she looked nice, strange that the T5 Yamashiro premium has not arrived yet.

13 km range or so...

fuso 0.jpg

fuso 1.jpg

fuso 2.jpg

But then, to balance 12gun salvo sigma at tier 5 would have to be in negative, as Fuso already have 1.5 or so.

5,861 posts
10,266 battles
4 minutes ago, Panocek said:

But then, to balance 12gun salvo sigma at tier 5 would have to be in negative, as Fuso already have 1.5 or so.

Give it 2.0 Sigma but horrible horrible pen on the AP shells as well as sub par HE alpha :D

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
3 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Give it 2.0 Sigma but horrible horrible pen on the AP shells as well as sub par HE alpha :D

Or release her in "during construction" state, without guns but with casemate secondaries on:Smile_trollface:

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,717 posts
15,870 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

*cough* October Revolution *cough* (and dont have me started with Imperator)

Players
9,397 posts
11,012 battles
32 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

*cough* October Revolution *cough* (and dont have me started with Imperator)

Okt.Rev guns are 305mm, with performance comparable to oh so (in)effective PEF guns. And for your Impregnator rees I'd like to present you Wyoming, with similar 12gun salvo weight, but without beard growing 36s reload:cap_old: