Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MistaBoo

An Open Question to WG

10 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
92 posts

Reading the forums it struck me about the amount of complaints players have with regards to players seemingly doing the most random of things in Random Battles.

This got me thinking and it appears the majority of these players are Random name players.

So i would like to ask WG this question.

Are you populating Random Battles at all tiers with AI Bots in order to (a) Lower the wait time and (b) Pad out your player numbers?

From what i have seen i feel this is a valid question to ask as Random Battles are now at the stage where if they disappeared I honestly dont think anyone would bat an eyelid.

Beta Tester
4,631 posts
19,200 battles
16 minutes ago, MistaBoo said:

Are you populating Random Battles at all tiers with AI Bots in order to (a) Lower the wait time and (b) Pad out your player numbers?

Many players would be happy if some of the more... challenged... human players would be replaced by bots. Sadly this is not the case. What You experience are just the normal tactically, mentally and probably completely challenged everyday WOWs players.

• Funny 1

Players
1,415 posts
8,244 battles

I enjoy playing with bots because they don't camp and do sneaky things like hiding behind anything like human players do. Unfortunately co-op battles gives too little credits and xp.

• Funny 1

Players
2,807 posts
15,752 battles

Even a bot NC in a tier 8 game wouldnt reverse from the spawn point the entire game (into a rock that happened to be just behind it)

Next game, an Iowa did exactly the same untill he hit the blue line.

There is a sad reason the playerbase finds Operations challenging:fish_boom:

Unless there has been an influx of botting players with really bad bot programs?

• Cool 1

[BOATY]
Players
92 posts
13 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Even a bot NC in a tier 8 game wouldnt reverse from the spawn point the entire game (into a rock that happened to be just behind it)

Next game, an Iowa did exactly the same untill he hit the blue line.

There is a sad reason the playerbase finds Operations challenging:fish_boom:

Unless there has been an influx of botting players with really bad bot programs?

You may have a point with the Bot programs. 

I think there is a few shady looking things going around that might explain that.

What about Multi Boxing? Is that possible with this game as it certainly would explain the random nonsense.

Players
292 posts
13,380 battles

I hope there is no bots in random battles, if there is, just dont tell me and im ok with that.

Players
8,766 posts
21 minutes ago, Yamato942 said:

I hope there is no bots in random battles, if there is, just dont tell me and im ok with that.

The way some "people" play... those must be bots. Alltho WG doesnt fill those slots, its just some lazy people cheating the system basicly.

- Being "AFK" until spotted, then suddenly start moving. Ive seen this probably... well not hundreds of times, but several dozens.

- Same as above but with CV. Planes start, keep circling the CV, until something is "in range" i suppose.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
4,634 posts
10,468 battles
1 hour ago, MistaBoo said:

Reading the forums it struck me about the amount of complaints players have with regards to players seemingly doing the most random of things in Random Battles.

This got me thinking and it appears the majority of these players are Random name players.

From what i have seen i feel this is a valid question to ask as Random Battles are now at the stage where if they disappeared I honestly dont think anyone would bat an eyelid.

People do random things.

Bots are incredibly predictable (both the server controlled ones, and anyone run by third party software).

There's more than enough players online to fill games.

In the few occassions where there's not enough (usually when some CV is queued in high tiers), then you get matches without full compliments or with other MM rules passed over, and no bots.

So the conclusion should be obvious. You can leave your 

tinfoilhat.jpg&hash=cc72e297577065923f9d

at home.

• Funny 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
1 hour ago, MistaBoo said:

Are you populating Random Battles at all tiers with AI Bots

The average players intellect is going down not up, so no, they really are not. Half the time I wish I had bots in my team, they would be far more useful...

Apart from that there is the casual farming acc with their "AFK until spotted" or "blindly following closest allied ship" and alike. But those aren't introduced by WG, it's just people trying to cheat the system any way they can - in this case with some weak bot programs. And they are quite few and far between.

Players
6,127 posts
10,292 battles
2 hours ago, MistaBoo said:

Some of these ... things... actually talk. Nothing useful but still enough, to distinguish them from bots. Also, I´d think, if WG would program talking bots into randoms, they would give them propper spelling and they wouldnt swear all the time. So yea, I´d actually wish those were bots, because then I wouldnt have to question the status of human intelligence on a weekly daily basis. :fish_cute_2:

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this