Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

My almost weekly "why can't people play this weeks Operation" thread - Also whats your Narai Tips?

28 comments in this topic

Players
1,910 posts
6,509 battles

Hi all,

Well a new week, a new Operation (one of the easiest I think) yet potatoes will still potato :Smile_teethhappy:

I like this operation, it's a simple "follow a path" but allows the team to split up for the side challenges or stick together to push to the end or a combination of both so there's lots of re-playability. I've played 3 games so far today and I'm averaging 200k+ damage and 4-5 kills after a 4 & 5 star win and a defeat. So far I've taken my Flint/Atlanta down the right side of the map (after the Lexington) and my Helena down the left side (after the civvy boats) before heading into the middle for the end rush in all 3 games and all three times I've found the Operation to be really enjoyable, fairly easy and it earns a nice amount of XP/Credits from the Premium Ships.

Despite this I still see people who HAVE played the Operation before (no "first time medal") who have absolutely zero clue on how to play this Op or show any generic "skills" like angling, aiming, target selection etc and who end up with around 1/2 of my XP and, as this Operation encourages players to split to get the 2 side challenges, it means that carrying a team alone (or even a pair) is extremely difficult.

So, complaints aside what Tips do you guys have for this Operation?

I find that fast firing (<10 sec reload) HE spammers like the Helena/Schors (or Atlanta/Belfast/Boise etc for premium) really make the difference with 3-4 being a good number but I find CV's to be a bit lacking unless played by a super-unicum. If I spawn on the right side I go for the Lexington/DD/Phoenix combo or if on the left I go for the civvy ships which HE absolutely wrecks. As bots charge at you nose on I find AP to be less useful unless you're able to over-match as a BB and, as a cruiser, you really need to work on hitting DD's from 7-9km as they sprint at an angle. I find that Missouri is an easy kill TBH, just park behind the middle island and torp it as it swings past but I do think it's a massive shame to remove the planes from this Operation as that forced players to move to avoid torp bombers rather than sit in the repair circle.

shot-19_01.18_12.12_01-0728.thumb.jpg.bd388015be7d74e1c7021a40f1c46394.jpg

shot-19_01.18_12_11.45-0898.thumb.jpg.03a78460b262ff5adbc7e4939dc5ab86.jpg

shot-19_01.18_12_23.07-0766.thumb.jpg.759d705706ce455a1784d45f73e19628.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
7,475 battles

So you did not catch after all that there is nothing you can do and spaming the forums every week with the same dung is a banable offence?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,226 battles

at least play randoms to actually have something to moan about rather than moaning about operations which are just boring and repetitive which most people only do once or twice to try the new ones out.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
7,475 battles
7 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Wow, so much negativity! :Smile_teethhappy:

What negativity? You posit some "special" post, as every week you can not get your operation completed in a simple manner, and today the response has been less than stellar, because frankly, you are boring...

Its not negativity in the same sense its not toxic to tell you to stop spaming your repetitive dung and learn to deal with your frustrations yourself. Alternatively get a blog...

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
8,689 posts
8,633 battles

Im actually at a point where im avoiding playing OPs with random guys - unless i can complete missions (like PEF steel) then i play it as OPs of the week.

Its just better to farm certain OPs with 4-5 guys. Narai can be done with 4 guys, i wouldnt say easily, but doable. And XP is nice that way. Scharnhorst + 2x Fiji + some other BB are the best usually. Fiji just shines because of its heal + torps.

Yesterday we did a 4 guy run with 3 PEFs in Killer Whale... and its still 4 stars, unlike random moron teams who just wont enter the exit circle and lose the game :cap_fainting:

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,575 posts
8,425 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

What negativity? You posit some "special" post, as every week you can not get your operation completed in a simple manner, and today the response has been less than stellar, because frankly, you are boring...

Its not negativity in the same sense its not toxic to tell you to stop spaming your repetitive dung and learn to deal with your frustrations yourself. Alternatively get a blog...

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png.74f8566794489589913fafee6ec6628d.png

Players
1,910 posts
6,509 battles
55 minutes ago, Juanx said:

What negativity?

55 minutes ago, Juanx said:

You posit some "special" post, as every week you can not get your operation completed in a simple manner, and today the response has been less than stellar, because frankly, you are boring...

LOL, the irony :Smile_teethhappy: You could of course just NOT ENTER THE THREAD if you constantly find it boring, wouldn't that be a joy for everyone :Smile_teethhappy:

Anyway, played 3 more times with a Boise (1 star), Belfast (defeat) and Nelson (2 star) with me coming top in 2 of the 3 (missed top in Boise by 13XP)

• Boring 2

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
7,475 battles
5 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

LOL, the irony :Smile_teethhappy: You could of course just NOT ENTER THE THREAD if you constantly find it boring, wouldn't that be a joy for everyone :Smile_teethhappy:

Anyway, played 3 more times with a Boise (1 star), Belfast (defeat) and Nelson (2 star) with me coming top in 2 of the 3 (missed top in Boise by 13XP)

And still no one cares...

Alternatively, you might want to respect forum rules and not spam your dung, as already pointed?

• Cool 1

Players
489 posts

For Narai rule of thumb is that 1 ship will get sunk going after the King-CV. 2 ships will be almost useless chasing after those enemy transports. You and the rest are tasked with speeding after Transport 3. and saving her from Missouri and the 3 enemy waves after port.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,575 posts
8,425 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

And still no one cares...

@IanH755 And that is the point.

Let me cite from the Forum Rules:

Spoiler

Be relevant

• The World of Warships Forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warships

Be constructive

• When posting, please make sure you do so with good intentions. Refrain from posting when you don't have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic.
  • Your post should contribute to the discussion or the solution of the issue being discussed.
  • If the only purpose of your post is to be negative, it is not worth posting.

4. Don’t spam!

Avoid:

• Repeatedly posting the same content
  • Posting the same content in multiple threads
  • Posting irrelevant content

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
855 posts
6,230 battles

I don't understand how stupid people can be in this operation because this Narai is one of the easiest operation, but I warning all players: with the random team might make this very difficult.

In my match. I saw one Colorado. He did like nothing during the operation. He sailed to an enemy base and then he runs off to behind island with his FULL HP. Came back and started to use HE ammo. HE AMMO on colorado and only couple enemies left? Seriously? The entire team tried advice him to use his OP AP ammo, but he ignored and used HE only. We won but it was so terrible watching coward people's ****** in this match.

Players
1,910 posts
6,509 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

@IanH755 And that is the point.

Let me cite from the Forum Rules:

Hide contents

Be relevant

• The World of Warships Forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warships

Be constructive

• When posting, please make sure you do so with good intentions. Refrain from posting when you don't have anything positive or constructive to say on the topic.
  • Your post should contribute to the discussion or the solution of the issue being discussed.
  • If the only purpose of your post is to be negative, it is not worth posting.

4. Don’t spam!

Avoid:

• Posting the same content in multiple threads

OK, lets review these forum rules against what I've posted

Be Relevant - This thread is relevant as it asks people for their tips about this weeks current Operation Narai, which may help newer players who haven't played it yet

Be Constructive - I have been as I gave my tips to new players on how to play it. Out of 12 lines of text written only 3 are what I would consider negative (25%) and 9 are positive (75%).

Don't Spam - This is my 1st Narai Ops thread...............EVER. I have posted 4 separate "Operations" threads in 7 months and each was on a different Operation (search Link), so provably not Spam.

Maybe YOU should read what YOU have posted so far in this thread about the Narai Operation and look at the rules YOU posted -

Be Relevant - Your posts are not about this Operation, not one single post or sentence.

Be Constructive - You failed on all three points, no constructive or positive comments about the topic, no discussion "on the topic" at all & posts are only negative in this thread. Out of 1 image and 2 lines of text you have been 100% off topic and negative.

Thanks for posting the rules though, it's good to know that I am completely within the rules with this thread and you (and @Juanx too) are completely outside the rules which YOU posted :Smile_teethhappy:

Oh and just to keep this on Topic, I played a Schors game and I really think that it is hard to beat in this Operation with a good combination of 12 fast reloading guns, torps for the BB's and speed, although the armour doesn't hold up well against concentrated BB fire TBF. I think I'll try my Fiji next just to try the RN AP!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,575 posts
8,425 battles
10 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Thanks for posting the rules though, it's good to know that I am completely within the rules with this thread

No. Your reading and comprehensive skills are improvable.

Again, just for you:

4. Don’t spam!

Avoid:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Players
8,689 posts
8,633 battles

14 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I think I'll try my Fiji next just to try the RN AP!

Fiji is awesome in this OP, i think you will like it :cap_viking:

Thats with 4 guys tho.

Spoiler

shot-18_12.04_22_14.57-0032.thumb.jpg.0ef5960176d640a0173cc112e68ae0f7.jpg

Players
1,415 posts
8,244 battles

I love playing this scenario in my Kaga using the secondary cannons.
Thing is, I allways go ahead of the transports and enter the bay first. And usually bbs moves BEHIND the transports. Sometimes said bbs keep yelling at me saying "WTF are you doing there, cv??".
They fail to understand the simple concept that if I'm sunk the battle continues. But if the transports are sunk we will lose the entire operation.

Same in Raptor rescue, when I move my cv right next to Raptor. And Usually we are ahead of the entire fleet. Even I try to soak torpedo damage away from Raptor. If I'm sunk then the battle continues, but if the target we need to protect it's sunk then it's over.

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,777 posts
10,705 battles

I've played this operation three times today (Boise, Neuve De Julio and Atlanta) in each game we've had at least one BB head off after the CV and in one game we also had one go after the G4 line.  We managed to 2 star the first game and lost the next two.

There are guides on YouTube for the mission this is by Mejash

Spoiler

[NWP]
Players
8,689 posts
8,633 battles
16 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

They fail to understand the simple concept that if I'm sunk the battle continues. But if the transports are sunk we will lose the entire operation.

Same in Raptor rescue, when I move my cv right next to Raptor. And Usually we are ahead of the entire fleet. Even I try to soak torpedo damage away from Raptor. If I'm sunk then the battle continues, but if the target we need to protect it's sunk then it's over.

Average player doesnt understand that. They rather survive and fail than die and get 5 stars. :cap_fainting:

Ive actually had guys who deliberately wanted to sabotage OPs... (ramming raptor f.e.), after calling them out for playing like crap. Its crazy what sh**heads are playing this game :cap_old:

[SM0KE]
Players
4,814 posts
11,806 battles

I gave this Op a few goes last night; apart from one horribly embarrassing moment when my Fiji got nuked by the MO, the main problem seemed to simply be that people aren't paying enough attention to the mission conditions - this leaves those that are having to choose between doing less well or chasing after an objective that others have missed. The most common one I saw last night was people ignoring the fleeing red transports, until it was way too late.

What seems to work for me (ish - I'm not a meister at this Op by any means) is taking ships with a solid healing potion; it also helps if they aren't horribly slow. This way, you are less obliged to stay in the immediate vicinity of the healer ship, and can dash out to cover neglected sectors. I'm rather enjoying Gneis from this perspective (running a semi-secondary build, which doesn't hurt either).

That said, one of my better performances was in Nelson, which involved just trundling forward and nuking anything that came into view - zero subtlety!

Players
1,910 posts
6,509 battles
1 hour ago, principat121 said:

No. Your reading and comprehensive skills are improvable.

Again, just for you:

4. Don’t spam!

Avoid:

Repeatedly Posting Same Content - My 1st Narai thread ever.

Irrelevant Content - Talking about this weeks Operation and asking for tips.

I think my reading is JUST FINE but yours, not so much.

Tried the Abruzzi, wow thats a surprise Narai winning ship! Fast Guns, heal and in my last game 17 citadels so the AP is bloody good too! Also got a win in the Belfast after 2 loses in it, glad I waited :Smile_teethhappy:

shot-19_01.18_18_44.12-0282.thumb.jpg.090d38c96e4ddf181bca5d25eaea3473.jpg

[BBMM]
Players
5,498 posts
6,636 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Noif said:

I saw one Colorado. He did like nothing during the operation. He sailed to an enemy base and then he runs off to behind island with his FULL HP. Came back and started to use HE ammo. HE AMMO on colorado and only couple enemies left? Seriously? The entire team tried advice him to use his OP AP ammo, but he ignored and used HE only. We won but it was so terrible watching coward people's ****** in this match.

I have one, maybe this is the way I'll get it 'done' cause in randoms sure isn't gonna happen... it's no fun at T9.

Well, it probably is, but not for me or the rest of my team LOL. 

[L4GG]
Players
2,651 posts
9,789 battles
14 hours ago, Juanx said:

what's boring it's the same old topics about, naming, shaming, buff, nerf, it's my last game, camping, ranked... you take your pick.

Just look around.

Operations are a change of pace, a breeze of fresh air (apart from UF) from randoms.

I enjoy reading about it time to times.

Naray I didn't play it since the redraw the OP.

So, I'm very interested.

[L4GG]
Players
2,651 posts
9,789 battles

BTW

I played a few times with Myoko and N.O. while I was grinding PEV...

and Where is the cv?

Players
103 posts
10,634 battles
19 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Wow, so much negativity! :Smile_teethhappy:

That's the EU forum.

That kiddo Juanx is the worst, complains only. He is repetitive :cap_fainting:. You should read back his borderline racist comments about Indians.

Juanx and Dirty_Dunc are kinda special on this forum. Basically best you can do is ignore them :fish_viking:.

Sign in to follow this