You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gidzi

Update 0.8.0 delayed for a week

33 comments in this topic

[SERBS]
Players
99 posts
8,210 battles

Just as the title said, update is delayed and i think it is good for the whole of community, since cv rework will continue and people will have one more week to complete events from current update and play CB. Your toughts?

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/080-postponed-announcement/

• Cool 2

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

another week of CB? nice!

so something good came out of the CV rework after all :Smile_trollface: kidding of course, will judge the final product once we have it^^

Players
291 posts
13,289 battles

Its not great, its awsome, on the other hand, some guys will be unhappy again since more people will get to huricane, get more steel, get more tier6 for free, etc. so they are not 'special' players anymore.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

You know there is a relevant topic about this already right?

On Topic:

Well one more week for clan shenanigans and before the sky falls down.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
4,854 posts
11,844 battles

Good news - hopefully, the extra development time will be used wisely...

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

That's actually pretty damn nice. For once it's a couple more CB sessions (though unless my internet miraculously stops throwing a fit every evening I won't benefit much from it) and more time blowing off snowflakes (which I will benefit from, weeeee).

Don't have too many expectations for WG to actually make meaningful changes to the CV/AA rework in just one week and the tidbits they've mentioned are hardly breathtaking (and I already disagree with patrol zones for surface ships not being displayed on the minimap, but whatever), but the benefits from the delayed patch are something nice to have.

• Cool 1

Players
6,105 posts

I love it. Awesome news! For many reasons actually.

- more time for CBs

- more time for Might Prinz, I thought I wont make it

- and, well, 1 more week without CV rework :cap_popcorn:

• Cool 3

Players
853 posts
11,856 battles

However, please note that the combat missions "Nerves of Steel" will expire as initially planned and will not be available for completion after January 25.

That's the one you do with the PEF for the 2019 Steel rewards.

But the campaign is extended and that's good news.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,392 posts
7,178 battles

The change to sectors might help ships with low numbers of flak - the current PTS means that sectors are worthless for some ships - whats 25% more bursts when you only have 1 burst? Its not like you can have 1.25

With it affecting the continuous then ALL ships can benefit.

Weekend Tester
855 posts
6,230 battles

I am so happy about this news because when I watched streamers 0.8.0 test servers. It still looks that new CV, airplanes and AA requires some rework and improvements. A good example that BB's 30sec fighters were utterly useless and broken. Also happy about extended current events like CBs can still continue on a week etc.. :Smile_honoring:

The only sad thing about this is..... 1 extra week to get Alaska. :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 2

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,392 posts
7,178 battles
2 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

...does it mean there is a chance we see a different fighter concept and manual CV control...?

Given we've had essentially the same fighter model for all the test versions inc the latest PTS, and its not mentioned in the notes about whats being changed, I would doubt it.

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
11,921 battles
5 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

...does it mean there is a chance we see a different fighter concept and manual CV control...?

No it just means they probably f*cked something up again. Be sure the CV rework will be as boneheaded and Ill-conceived as possible. It's the WG way.

• Cool 1

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,367 battles

Hopefully it will make for a more balanced release.

Although I expect the real reason for the delay was that the auto-report CV function wasn't working despite how well or badly the CV's played.

• Funny 1

[ASEET]
Players
57 posts
7,248 battles

Yup.

Will need wait longer to Alaska & new Ranked season  :Smile_sad:

tho only 1week so not that bad.

+More time for CV rework  very good and needed.

[-MM]
Weekend Tester
283 posts
6,818 battles

I'm ambivalent about the CV rework - as a clan we've agreed to just team up in scenarios if it's that bad.

Extended PEF missions to get the T6 boats is useful though. Only realised last night that I've not done a single one yet

Players
1,895 posts
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

I love it. Awesome news! For many reasons actually.

- more time for CBs

- more time for Might Prinz, I thought I wont make it

- and, well, 1 more week without CV rework :cap_popcorn:

-true

-true

-em. Current cv's are not any better tbh. One sided games decided by one ship. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,334 battles
3 hours ago, Gidzi said:

Your toughts?

A patch that is too bad for even WG to stomach? I guess this equals Satan refusing to take a soul offered to him; and you know that means things are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad; as in really baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad. :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[WCWVE]
Players
1,019 posts
16,248 battles

Easy way to fix the patch, release it without the CV rework and send the CV work for a further rework 

• Cool 7

[LADA]
Players
489 posts
7,692 battles

^^ Yes please.

A delay of about 52 weeks would be my preferred choice - but hey....

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,735 posts
6,990 battles
7 minutes ago, Gvozdika said:

^^ Yes please.

A delay of about 52 weeks would be my preferred choice - but hey....

Well since it's our beloved WG were talking about, after those 52 weeks of wating, patch hits, you start the game and get this message. 

1b8.png.c59475768eebf57b90a47838330b9118.png

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[SINT]
Players
687 posts
19,190 battles

Waiting for the first players complaining about the extra week to complete the PEF grind.

Reason: they bought the PEF because they thought they could not finish the grind in the initial timeframe...Now they want their money back...

Seriously: I bought the PEF just because i did not want to take the risk / stress of having to complete the missions on a very tight timetable... In hindsight the extra time might have been enough to try the grind without buying the PEF.

But WG changes the rules more often… I free XP'ed (using cash) my first tier 9 just to get the Takao when a tier 9 was required…. Then WG changed the requirements to tier 8...

• Cool 1