You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.8.0 Is Postponed – Here's Why - Discussion Thread

118 comments in this topic

[BBMM]
Beta Tester, Players
233 posts
5,446 battles

Sure wish WG would give more time for Nerves of Steel.

"please note that the combat missions "Nerves of Steel" will expire as initially planned and will not be available for completion after January 25."

I am assuming the we have more time before Kronstadt and Musashi are taken out as well?

• Cool 2
  • Angry 1

Players
295 posts
1,653 battles
1 minute ago, Timewarp76 said:

I am assuming the we have more time before Kronstadt and Musashi are taken out as well?

I guess so, as they were going to be pulled out with update 0.8.0. In my case wouldn't make any difference as I already have Kronstadt and I'll be able to unlock Musashi this week.

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Beta Tester, Players
233 posts
5,446 battles
8 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

I guess so, as they were going to be pulled out with update 0.8.0. In my case wouldn't make any difference as I already have Kronstadt and I'll be able to unlock Musashi this week.

I only need 80 more free xp and this extra time is perfect, I won't have to use any doubloons. I am in the opposite position from your situation. I have the Musashi but thinking about getting the Kronstadt.

• Cool 2

Players
295 posts
1,653 battles
18 minutes ago, Timewarp76 said:

I only need 80 more free xp and this extra time is perfect, I won't have to use any doubloons. I am in the opposite position from your situation. I have the Musashi but thinking about getting the Kronstadt.

Well, I am going to be able to do so because of the snowflakes and some good RNG with the resouce containers. Until that point I was trying to guess which one get with freeXP. Now I'll get Musashi with coal and spended the 750K freeXP on Kronshtadt.

Players
333 posts
14,358 battles

Removing the fighter from the mini map? Outrage I want the option to see them, glancing at the mini map is helpful not looking around free view like a pleb

• Cool 5

[GURKA]
Players
124 posts
13,513 battles

Hopefully they will see that they made a HUGE error and un-nerf the Yeuyang.

Poor little dd is the great piece of crap since the "development" team decided it might scratch the OP BB's and CC's with this 11.7km radars. How to create campers !!!

Come ON..... wake up please !!!

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[SSS]
Beta Tester
94 posts
8,857 battles

I'm still concerned about the lack of a dynamic when it comes to AA. The reason nobody likes CVs in their match is because you don't defend yourself against them, you sit there and hope your AA RNG saves you. This is still the case except the CV gets a little minigame to play and players will STILL dislike being attacked by planes. If anything it will be even worse since CVs can now stack flooding and fires very easily with the multiple waves.

The AA needs some form of manual control so that there is actual skill involved in being attacked by planes and fighting them off.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
853 posts
907 battles

No amount of delay will 'fix' the FARCE CV rework.

56 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Finally WG has listened to us

No, they have not.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Beta Tester
37 posts
6,407 battles
15 minutes ago, malaquey said:

...The AA needs some form of manual control so that there is actual skill involved in being attacked by planes and fighting them off...

cuba-3.jpg

:Smile_great:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
499 posts
21 minutes ago, malaquey said:

The AA needs some form of manual control so that there is actual skill involved in being attacked by planes and fighting them off. 

No, it doesn't. It is too distracting when you have to maneuver and aim at other ships at the same time. Soon, you'll have to manage AA priority sectors too... 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

Players
74 posts

AA sectors suck. You select the sector then the planes simply fly over you BAM sod all AA on the other side and by the time it changes over they've flown back, complete waste of time even bothering.

PLease WG give us the existing system we are quite capable of doing more than one thing at a time, maneuvering my ship AND selecting which squadron i want to focus on is fine, i can even walk and chew gum at the same time, im clever i am.

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1

Players
80 posts
15,602 battles

Update 0.8.0 Is Postponed – Here's Why ...

hmm.... not much given regarding the "Here's Why" bit

So they've listened to feedback but no specifics, no details on the issues they are facing.

[SHEN]
Players
116 posts
13,652 battles
  • Removal of the patrol zone of a fighter for destroyers, cruisers and battleships from the minimap as this information is of little use and can confuse and pollute the minimap. In this case, the fighters will still be displayed in the game world, allowing players to use them as a cover from enemy aircraft;

Please don't, it might not be the most useful information but it still is information, just make it a minimap option to tick, unticked by default, you already coded the thing anyway it's not like making it optionnal requires any work.

• Cool 10

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts

about manually controlling AA..

ever noticed what happens when you press control and select a group of enemy aircraft by hand??   (by clicking on them)

all AA focuses on that group of planes and literally vanishes if you have decent AA.

I always click on torpedo planes first if i have several groups around me, or just any plane that is around...  

in the last months ive killed more planes than in 3 years   XD

• Cool 1

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts
50 minutes ago, antean said:

No amount of delay will 'fix' the FARCE CV rework.

No, they have not.

antean... 300 battles , 600 posts... i wouldnt listen to you either.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 4

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,214 posts
6,187 battles
16 minutes ago, victorem said:

about manually controlling AA..

ever noticed what happens when you press control and select a group of enemy aircraft by hand??   (by clicking on them)

all AA focuses on that group of planes and literally vanishes if you have decent AA.

I always click on torpedo planes first if i have several groups around me, or just any plane that is around...  

in the last months ive killed more planes than in 3 years   XD

I am sure I can do a better job than the automatic AA... 
I cry when I see my manual secondaries shooting ships. It is still more accurate than non manual secondaries, but if they gave me the controls they'd do a better job.

It also makes the whole experience less RNGy, which makes me more satisfied when I die like a pleb by planes when I controlled the AA myself.

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
5,872 battles

Postponed? Great, would be even better if you straight out cancel the rework, because we all know this is not what anybody wanted. The AA is neither fun for those looking for entertaining gameplay or realistic for people who like historically accurate ships..

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,149 posts
3,370 battles
2 hours ago, Timewarp76 said:

Sure wish WG would give more time for Nerves of Steel.

"please note that the combat missions "Nerves of Steel" will expire as initially planned and will not be available for completion after January 25."

Yes, both ships are going to available for the remainder of the update.

1 hour ago, The_fun_police said:

Removing the fighter from the mini map? Outrage I want the option to see them, glancing at the mini map is helpful not looking around free view like a pleb

We are not removing the fighter from the minimap, only the patrol zone of said fighter. The actual unit will still be visible.

• Cool 1