You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FukushuNL

Talk trash in white when losing

57 comments in this topic

[BODEM]
Players
676 posts
6,346 battles

After putting questionmarks with typing "gg" in white when winning with a devastating win to the other team, I also don't understand what people try to get out of talking trash about their team to the opposing team in white. "This team is filled with noobs", "That Des Moines doesn't want to win", "Our CV suck [edited]", etc, etc. What good does it do to bother the other team with it?

I don't care what is going wrong on you team. Next round everybody has forgotten everyone, I won't suddenly stop shooting Reds because I feel pitty for you. Rather the opposite: imo you are dishonoring your team, acting like a spoiled little child. So, you are losing, one of the two teams will be doing that. People can have a bad day, get matched up against people with a higher skill level, make a wrong decision based on an evaluation of a prior situation, bad luck with RNG, trying out a new ship or a new set-up in random (which differs wildly from Co-op), and so on. 

So what's the reason behind trashtalking about your team to the Red team other then venting anger? It gets you nowhere, nobody cares about the issue and people might report you for bad behavior. It's best to just suck it up, move on to the next match, forget the last match and hope you have better luck next time.

ps: there are execptions ofcourse, for example when people call out afk players. Those do 100% screw up a fair match. And people that so obviously trying not to play the game that the other team is noticing it too, I'll report those too if asked.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
24 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

I also don't understand what people try to get out of talking trash about their team to the opposing team in white. "This team is filled with noobs", "That Des Moines doesn't want to win", "Our CV suck [edited]", etc, etc. What good does it do to bother the other team with it?

Whenever I see a member of my team doing it, he is usually below 45% wr and was first killed. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Venting.

It's a proven fact that venting one's frustrations helps. And regardless of whether he has proper reason to vent, or that is targets of choice are adequate or not, the process of venting helps.

Same thing as cursing when being hurt.

• Cool 12

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
6 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

So what's the reason behind trashtalking about your team to the Red team other then venting anger?

generally nothing more than just this. I know I do it on occasion, out of sheer disbelief more often than not... kind of the same (placebo) "effect" as the Plays Poorly report, just blowing off some steam at the sheer incompetence regularly on display in randoms these days...

• Cool 2

Players
1,415 posts
8,244 battles

I just soo love when I play my Zuiho - Ryujo - Hiryu - Kaga and the enemy says something like "gg, you had a good cv, our sucks alot"
Or when I sink an enemy ship (bonus points if is a dd) in my cv and said target says "You frigging klicker" which I answer "If that is an insult and I sunk you that means you re even worse than a klicker"

Etc.

• Funny 2

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,663 posts
22,552 battles

Best compliment ever is "you a cheater". I need this once per week or i have doubts about my gameplay :Smile_teethhappy:
We are a bit cheating with our clan tag, so they type it a bit more often i think :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Players
2,310 posts
13 minutes ago, TheComedian1983 said:

I don't care. What's the reason for this post?

Since you don't care, why would you ask? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[BODEM]
Players
676 posts
6,346 battles
6 minutes ago, TheComedian1983 said:

I don't care. What's the reason for this post?

I see what you did there :) The reason is that I'm looking for answers. It seems like the answer is clear, but maybe I miss some underlying things. I have a tendecy to do so. So I came to the forums to discuss the matter. 

9 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Venting.

It's a proven fact that venting one's frustrations helps. And regardless of whether he has proper reason to vent, or that is targets of choice are adequate or not, the process of venting helps.

But it feels so useless and childish. It most of the time says more about you than about your team. It really doesn't make your team look worse than it did before. If the enemy team or player is as crap as you say, the other team would have already notice it. So you only look like an [edited]for raging about it trying to win goodwill from the other team. Venting helps, for sure, but it's best to curse to your screen or to the player(s) you think are screwing up or buy a stressball/punching bag. 

[BODEM]
Players
676 posts
6,346 battles
4 minutes ago, TheComedian1983 said:

Best compliment ever is "you a cheater". I need this once per week or i have doubts about my gameplay :Smile_teethhappy:
We are a bit cheating with our clan tag, so they type it a bit more often i think :Smile_trollface:

O, but if they call out in white to trashtalk our team when we are winning, that's fun stuff xD They can rage about it all day long, as it might be even better then just to play the game :) I can do something with that.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,480 posts
22,985 battles

simple: coz they can!

gotta instantly think off a line in a german song:

und du fragst mich "warum machen die das denn?", die antwort is ganz einfach....  .: "weil sie's können"

--> and u ask me, "why do they do this/that", the answer is quite easy.... .:"coz they can"

[BODEM]
Players
676 posts
6,346 battles
1 minute ago, MrWastee said:

simple: coz they can!

Which is always the most brainless reason to do something ;) 

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
1,996 posts
9,856 battles

Hey guys, we have found our holy Maria. @FukushuNL never types anything rude about a teammate who makes a questionable play thus losing the game for the team.

Excellent job! :cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

Beta Tester
260 posts
7,638 battles

I can understand the urge to vent when confronted by an unwinnable situation that is out of your control but OP is correct, it serves no purpose. It also gets you into the mindset "I'm the only competent player, my team sucks" which is a terrible attitude to have as it doesn't encourage you to learn. Most of the people I see venting in chat are a part of the problem, contributed very little and are just looking for scapegoats for the impending loss.

Its better to accept the actions of your team mates are out of your control and look for ways you could have worked with the situation better. And if you truly did do all you could, well, that's all you can ask of yourself.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
3,098 posts
3,504 battles

There was an interesting thread concerning chat etiquette on this forum a few years ago. Quite a number of people stated, with deep personal feeling, how much they disliked it when the opposing team wrote "GG" in all-chat after having won. Apparently this was received as some form of gloating from the winning team, rather than a polite "thank you".

I, who had always been using the "GG" or "good game" expression with the approximate meaning of "it was fun playing together, thank you everyone", was a bit mystified by this propensity to read an imagined insult into everything. But since I can see no reason for using a particular expression when I know that a lot people out there will read it in a bad light, I now instead write "Thx for the game!" in all-chat at the end of every battle. If someone takes offence at that, then I really can't help them.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
13 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

But it feels so useless and childish. It most of the time says more about you than about your team. It really doesn't make your team look worse than it did before. If the enemy team or player is as crap as you say, the other team would have already notice it. So you only look like an [edited]for raging about it trying to win goodwill from the other team. Venting helps, for sure, but it's best to curse to your screen or to the player(s) you think are screwing up or buy a stressball/punching bag.

Cursing like a sailor is also considered childish, but it increases your pain threshold, so doing it after stubbing your little toe on a chair might look like you're having an infantile tantrum, but it helps.

Same with venting. Besides, I've already said that not everyone who does it has adequate reasons to blame teammates, or is even blaming the correct ones because he never paid enough attention for relevant context of why things went wrong, but even so the simple act of blowing off steam is a working coping mechanism.

And I'd rather have people vent inappropriately than unload pent-up frustration some games later with a teamkill after surpassing their limit.

All said and done, this is the answer you were asking for. Whether you like or agree with it is up to you, but it's the answer all the same.

Beta Tester
2,736 posts
6,990 battles
19 minutes ago, TheComedian1983 said:

Sometimes when i start the match i tipe in allchat:

D:/wows/system/config.dll/_aim_bot_set_true.

Or something similar, and watch the chat get more action then a MMA ring :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 5

[MDRED]
[MDRED]
Beta Tester
220 posts
11,999 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Venting.

Totaly true but why? It is proven by science. Read here: The Science of Why Swearing Reduces Pain | WIRED

quote:

"Is All Swearing Equally Good at Killing Pain?

The good news is that swearing and shoot-’em-ups seem to work for everyone that Stephens has studied. Psychologists classify people into those who tend to express their anger a lot (“anger-out” people) and those who sit on it (“anger-in” people.) At first Stephens suspected that swearing might only work for people who were comfortable with the idea of swearing, or who did a lot of swearing in their everyday lives. He set up an experiment to test this, asking people to rate how likely they were to swear when they were angry, but the results surprised him: “Actually it didn’t make a difference; swearing worked equally well for both types of people. That’s the thing about science: Sometimes you get a negative result.”

The type of swearing might make a difference, though. What about “minced oaths”—those socially palatable versions of swearing we trot out when we might be overheard? Do these milder types of naughty language work as well when we want to get our aggression rates up? It seems not: Stronger swear words are stronger painkillers."

But where is the connection between game experience and pain you might ask. Well.... we all have these aweful experience due to losing a battle. This is not about losing versus winning. It is about the summary of bad experience you get, when you play WoWs together with all kind of people bringing their baggage to the table, who make your experience even worse. And on top of it there is literaly nothing you can do about it, despite stop playing the game we love to play. People constantly keep pushing the random battle button in their harbour, despite the fact they dont have anything to offer, but bringing total misery to the game by their behaviour.
How often did I wittness DD-captains driving around the map without committing to the game at all. The summary of these phenomenos, where people activly destroy the game with their behaviour with their only goal to make your gameexperience miserable is a REAL pain. Especialy your loss of power to prevent them doing so.

This is something wargaming and the playerbase have to aknowledge. Wargaming found a lame excuse for this: if you play random battles all kind of stuff can happen. Maybe they already have given up to these people destroying their game. I dont know. Thats another topic.

All I am trying to say here, there are good reasons for people to talk trash. That's the only venting tool currently in the game. And this gets abused of course. My last chatban by complaints I got for saying, welcome to torpparadise. Just your appearance in the white chat is reason enough to report you.

Honestly, I rather vent in the white chat to keep my mind healthy, than keeping the pain stucked inside me.

• Cool 3

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
7,574 battles
1 hour ago, FukushuNL said:

It gets you nowhere, nobody cares about the issue and people might report you for bad behavior.

So...just like...this post?

I will reiterate: what is it with people and thinking nowadays?

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,663 posts
22,552 battles

@Major_Damage225 You aren't much nice person :Smile_trollface:
Today, when my chat ban ends (yeah - im pretty toxic guy, who have a LOT of steam) i will try it. I like random burning :Smile_teethhappy:
And there is something little about me:

Spojler

say-gg-one-more-time-motherfucker.jpg

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,717 posts
15,878 battles

Why only start trash talking when losing? Experts start trash talking in minute one, e.g. when the enemy team has an unicum clan tagged Saipan and you got xX_n00by1337_Xx in a Ranger. Nothing beats letting both teams know that their individual skill is almost irrelevant because the match was more or less loaded and won (or lost) from the very start. :cap_horn:

• Funny 3

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,663 posts
22,552 battles
Před 3 minutami Ubertron_X řekl/a:

Why only start trash talking when losing? Experts start trash talking in minute one, e.g. when the enemy team has an unicum clan tagged Saipan and you got xX_n00by1337_Xx in a Ranger. Nothing beats letting both teams know that their individual skill is almost irrelevant because the match was more or less loaded and won (or lost) from the very start. :cap_horn:

By the way, why are these XXX_admiral/general/nimitz/rommel/_XXX players allways so ridiculous bad? :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Tester
1,327 posts
16,302 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, FukushuNL sagte:

Most of us get a streak of unbelievable team mates at some point. To vent off some of the negativity can help a bit. If you are on the other (winning) side, try a bit of empathy if you think that the poster has any point at all. Of course it does not change the world, but that applies to basically everything we do around here.

[LEEUW]
Players
1,996 posts
9,856 battles
2 minutes ago, TheComedian1983 said:

By the way, why are these XXX_admiral/general/nimitz/rommel/_XXX players allways so ridiculous bad? :Smile_teethhappy:

When I see "insert random letters followed by random numbers" f. e. Uhiy249 or jbr451 you can say without looking at their stats that they're unbelievably bad. 

Ps. Sorry to these players if you're actually bad. It wasn't my intention to name and shame, I just pressed my keyboard randomly. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4