Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
colonel_duce

Friedrich der klein

9 comments in this topic

Players
117 posts
5,577 battles

Hello guys, need some advice with this ship.

I have stock version of FdG but it`s serious downgrade from Bismarck. Ok, it`s not a bigger Bismarck, just found it out, but how should i play it?

Ship turns like cow or musashi, so cant really brawl in it
Always burn like hell (thinking about replacing damage control module at slot 4 for better rudder shift time) dunno if it will be really bad

Really big so i eat torps constantly, with that rudder shift time... (what is better? concealment module or target acquisition? got the concealment with CE captain)

I know that stock version is always crap, whatever the ship, but Is it a good when fully upgraded?

Many thanks for any advice (except Musashi, this is my only T9 ship)

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles

All BBs burn like hell, when they're HE spamed, you just have to get used to it. Try investing in Fire prevention skill on your captain. I will advise against any secondary builds, they don't work well in T9-T10 battles. As for the ship in its stock/upgraded state... well its cr*p. Not Izumo level of cr*p, but still a crap none the less. 

Try engaging the enemy at mid to close (closer then 12-10 km is not a good idea) range.

Good luck grinding the GK.

Players
7,469 posts
8,296 battles

Modules: Main Armaments Mod 1, Damage Control Mod 1, Secondary Mod 1, Damage Control Mod 2, Concealment Mod 1, Main Battery Mod 3

Captain Skills: PT, AR, BoS, AFT, Manualn Secondaries, then either SI, CE or IFHE, depending on what you like fixed the most.

Yes, it's a secondary build. Yes, secondary builds are not very great in T10 battles. No, I don't recommend other builds. If you weren't in it for the secondary memes, go play a different BB line. No, Großer Kurfürst is not magically more in line meta and is just the same with more barrels. And no, nothing forces you to grind this line past Bismarck, as neither FdG nor GK are good ships for anything except brawling memes. No Ranked or CB needs you to have this.

• Cool 1

[LEEUW]
Players
1,979 posts
9,856 battles

- Use freeXP to upgrade your ship. A stock ship is just *feces* to play. Rather spent some freeXP to ease the pain. 

- Also use other ships, preferably DDs ofcourse, to screen torps for you once your hydro is out. 

- since the buffs the Freddy can actually do decent damage at 16-17km. Maybe not as reliable as US or JAP bbs but still... 

- secondaries are your friend, but only if you're either attacked by a DD that comes to close or in the later stages of the game. 

- don't push in too soon. Your secondaries are very useful later in the game when fights become 1v1's. Everybody always cries about camping bbs but there is a fine line between being close enough to the Frontline to be useful and dying an early death because you took fire from the entire enemy team. 

- what worked for me was pushing with my DD at the start at a decent distance, help him with defeating oposing DD. Retreat and heal a bit (because you take a load of dmg pushing at the start). Then mid range gunning. Late game push in to brawl. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,717 posts
15,870 battles

The fully fitted FdG is indeed just a bigger Bismarck, however around T8 the meta changes a lot and secondary builds become less and less viable. Wait until you reach the GK to have a ship with bad turret angles and terribad handling (12 guns however).

Regarding modules keep in mind that rudder shift will increase drasticly with the second hull. I usually run the rudder module in order to angle faster in between salvos and to be able to better torpedobeat on most BB's but I know many people are running the damage con module for increased toughness. Regarding last slot it is concealment all the way, for both attack and defense. If your hydro and rudder isn't enough to push smoke and evade torps then target aquisition module will not help you much either.

Bismarck with rudder mod: 12.9 secs, 840 meters turning

FdG with rudder shift mod: 14 secs, 940 meters turning

GK with rudder mod: 15.5 secs, 1050 meters turning

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,229 posts
14,261 battles

Hi all,

I had apsolutely GREAT time playing my "Friedrich der Große" despite all "bad press" she received and still receive... I also played most of her battles before the buff... :Smile_great:

rh4MBsL.jpg

yR0EUZP.jpg

My advice is to play her just like any other German BB - with all positive and negative sides embraced! :Smile_honoring:

BTW, I used my 19pt captain with full Secondary build (except IFHE of course)... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Although I have 2.000.000 FreeXP stashed I never ever skip hulls / modules... I grind from scratch and only use flags/cammo to accelerate advancement ... I know ... I know...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,478 posts
22,974 battles

2 ways to play her imo... recent change to secs made sec build absolute viable with ifhe, don't bother with secs if u dont wanna go ifhe (at least before the changes it was absolut pointless and a lot of useless glitter)!... no concealment captnskill here

1. full survival spec, long- (lol) to midrange, rather 2nd line (good resuslts here with that)

2. full sec build with ifhe. mid- to shortrange, rather situational. 4 sure this variant demands more from the player in terms of match awareness and positioning... and is a hell lotta fun on good matches, while not so good ones might get a lot shorter than on the survival variant.

Beta Tester
710 posts
11,574 battles

Just recently Flamu started to upload T9 revisions to youtube.

I personally like his style of playing, and if you do not mind some raging/strong language you can listen to him.

Hi gives not only recommended buils but how to play the ship too.

But yes, it looks like it is the worst T9 BB.

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles
6 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

what worked for me was pushing with my DD at the start at a decent distance, help him with defeating oposing DD. Retreat and heal a bit (because you take a load of dmg pushing at the start). Then mid range gunning. Late game push in to brawl. 

Isn't this practically the way to go with all German battleships?

Sign in to follow this