Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Request to wargaming for cv rework captain respec.

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-AP-]
Players
2,359 posts
5,736 battles

So i read somewhere that all captains will be reset when the cv rework hits the live server, thats good because the meta will shift a ton, and pretty much all captains will need to be rebuilt. 

 

But, the meta wont shift instantly when the cv rework hits, it will enter a state of flux where it keeps changing drastically for atleast a month. Especially since the game wont be balanced when it is released, but will rather be balanced with quick patches on the live server during what i assume is a few month period.

 

Basically what i am saying is: One free captain respec wont be enough to find the new most effective builds in a drastically changed meta with drastically changed captain skills, and going to the test server to try out builds wont work either, because the gameplay on there isnt even resembling to the live server.

 

So my request is: Give us a period where we can respec our captains as many times as we want, rather than just resetting them. Either for around a week, or maybe even all the way until the meta stabilizes, and you(wargaming) are done with balancing the CVS

 

I beg of you to do this wargaming, because with such drastic changes to core gameplay, we need to be able to experiment to have any chance of adapting to it.

 

Thank you, for your consideration :)

@Sub_Octavian @MrConway

 

Also, to everyone in the comments, id love to hear your opinions about this, but i will also remind you: This is NOT the place to discuss the cv rework itself, i have rather strong opinions about it, as im sure you do, but please dont sidetrack this thread, thanks :Smile_great:

  • Cool 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles

Well there should be a free and unlimited respec for some time when clan battles end right?

 

For everyone else.... Jeah not so optimal. We will see what WG will come up with.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

asking for full free respecs for the entire period might be a bit much, but I do agree there should be more than one opportunity. Maybe one reset at the start, and then one with each "major" (or non-mini) patch they put out?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,359 posts
5,736 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

asking for full free respecs for the entire period might be a bit much, but I do agree there should be more than one opportunity. Maybe one reset at the start, and then one with each "major" (or non-mini) patch they put out?

Maybe something like this, but then again, that wont really let us experiment with builds and such tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
606 posts

Maybe they could offer a maximum of 3 free respec's per captain for c. 4 week period? Give's you the option to try two different builds and then revert to the first one or opt for your third 'oh, well it'll have to be this then'. Of course, 4 weeks might not be long enough... and for people with 19pt captains and therefore more options (i.e. not me) then 3 'chances' may not be enough either:Smile_hiding:!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
4,914 posts
11,979 battles

I would imagine a decent period of free respecs is quite likely: WG must know that the CV rework is going to annoy a lot of people - it would be in their interests to not make it any worse by (de facto) forcing people to chose between playing with sub-optimal captains or paying money.

 

Besides hard-nosed commercial reasons, it would also allow them to gather better data faster - if people can experiment, any skills that need balancing/changing etc. will show themselves much faster.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
606 posts
9 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Maybe something like this, but then again, that wont really let us experiment with builds and such tho

Or (random idea)... what about 1 free respec for each captain plus 1 temporary 'legendary commander' who does not need to be re-trained in your ships. He can have unlimited free respecs and will have as many points available as your highest commander (but will not earn any captain xp/elite captain xp?). This way you can chop and change and test as much as you like builds and ships but really the guy is only any good as a testing tool and not a fast way to earn captain xp (although I wouldn't object ;)).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,037 posts
17,315 battles

Very good point which I support. A grace period of at least a week would be nice.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,359 posts
5,736 battles
1 minute ago, Rusty_9 said:

Or (random idea)... what about 1 free respec for each captain plus 1 temporary 'legendary commander' who does not need to be re-trained in your ships. He can have unlimited free respecs and will have as many points available as your highest commander (but will not earn any captain xp/elite captain xp?). This way you can chop and change and test as much as you like builds and ships but really the guy is only any good as a testing tool and not a fast way to earn captain xp (although I wouldn't object ;)).

That seems a bit pointlessly complex, and i also wouldnt want to play for like a month w/o earning captain xp...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
4,914 posts
11,979 battles
8 minutes ago, quickr said:

A grace period of at least a week would be nice.

My feeling is that it would want to be rather longer - basically, until the whole thing reaches its 'final' state.

 

This next patch is something unique in my time with WG titles, in that it quite likely changes the whole game very significantly for almost every player (just adding new ships/tanks etc. *generally* doesn't do that, at least not on this scale), and has been trailed as not being fully balanced at launch - if I were WG, I would be keen to make the experience for players as pleasant (or at least, least unpleasant) as possible; being able to tweak your captains in response to changes as they happen would be a sensible move in that context, and I'll be very surprised if everything is balanced and squared away in only a week.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,785 posts
8,664 battles
1 hour ago, Tyrendian89 said:

asking for full free respecs for the entire period might be a bit much, but I do agree there should be more than one opportunity. Maybe one reset at the start, and then one with each "major" (or non-mini) patch they put out?

 

I think this sounds most reasonable.

Maybe we can have 7-10 days free respec after the patch, and if they only balance with every new update, they could give 1 free respec with each update again, so long till they are finished balancing.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NMA]
Players
1,037 posts
17,315 battles
40 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

My feeling is that it would want to be rather longer - basically, until the whole thing reaches its 'final' state. 

Longer period would be nice, that's why i said at least a week. I'm not holding my breath tho. We'll just have to wait and see i guess.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NO_CV]
Players
370 posts
23,199 battles

WG gave a full free respec before when they redid the captain skills, its not a big deal, this is the biggest rework this game ever had so most likely they gonna give free respecs in couple of patches until they "balance" everything.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
2,428 posts
5,574 battles

At the very least, we should get free respecs every time they update either CV or AA stats.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,392 posts
7,178 battles

The most simple option is reset CV captains (since half their skills dont exist). Then just set respec to 0 gold and leave it as that for the next few patches while the balancing changes take place.

 

There are some skills that atm are pointless/just not very good (extra catapult fighter). If these get changed to being viable then people might want to include them in their builds

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SEN]
Players
795 posts

Considering the last session on PT they not even bother to allow cv.s on the enemy bots teams, (stupid mistake !) - I am not so optimist...

In PT sessions one could experiment dozens of builds free & fast, but they do not allow that in coop , so - opportunity lost.

I do hope they will allow more then one re-set, but again, I am not so optimistic about... they will just see this as an opportunity to force-squeeze more doubloons from our wallets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,666 battles
4 hours ago, thiextar said:

So my request is: Give us a period where we can respec our captains as many times as we want, rather than just resetting them. Either for around a week, or maybe even all the way until the meta stabilizes, and you(wargaming) are done with balancing the CVS

 

I beg of you to do this wargaming, because with such drastic changes to core gameplay, we need to be able to experiment to have any chance of adapting to it.

Great post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles

I hope non-carrier captains will also get a free (or at least heavily discounted) respec.

Maybe except destroyers, all captains will be affected by the carrier rework.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,736 posts
6,990 battles
2 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

I hope non-carrier captains will also get a free (or at least heavily discounted) respec.

Maybe except destroyers, all captains will be affected by the carrier rework.

With sutch a big change, a free respec has to be for all players, since it affects the non CV players too, DD's included. :Smile_Default:

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

With sutch a big change, a free respec has to be for all players, since it affects the non CV players too, DD's included. :Smile_Default:

 

I agree. I still doubt many players specced their DD captains for AA, but still, I wouldn't complain about a free respec either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,736 posts
6,990 battles
7 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

I agree. I still doubt many players specced their DD captains for AA, but still, I wouldn't complain about a free respec either.

 

Well a Sims and/or a Kidd welcome a AA specced skipper for the lolz if you have a spare 19 pointer lying around :Smile_trollface:

Now back on topic, there will be a full free respec, no doubt about it, the only question is will it be a 1 time or multiple time thing, taking into account the big changes incoming. :Smile_honoring:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,359 posts
5,736 battles
24 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Mr Conway has confirmed there will be a respec for all.

Yeah, but we want more than a respec, we need a period of free respecs to experiment with different builds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×