You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

No more flags bundle in shop ?

24 comments in this topic

Players
548 posts

Last days I saw one cant buy anymore a lot of flags from Premium Shop, in fact, last days are only 2 choices available for flags-only :

a bundle at 31 euros, and another at 13 (12,84 ) euros.

Its this a permanent change ? I used to buy small packs of what I need only, like papa-papa, etc ;

Right now, this smaller bundle are no more available, instead are tons of containers at sale;

I wonder, they will force us to buy only big packs now and/or containers lottery ?

I confess I do not like this ....

Your toughs, guys ?  Anyone have an inside ?

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles

I think you missed the fact that you can buy economic flags in the client with doubloons and all types of flags in the Arsenal with coal.

The doubloon price AFAIK is very similar to the old shop price, I think it's almost identical but i don't have the topic with the calculations at hand.

WG made the right decision to de-clutter the shop and consolidate the flag sale by having them cost doubloons.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
548 posts

If you mean "re-supply" within the game , with doubloons, well that option was there since...forever.

And - for example - 100 papa-papa will cost you some 800 doubloons. That.s 3,6 euros, if I am right. Correct me if I am wrong, but was not cheaper to buy the same amount on a bundle ?

A LOT cheaper ? Do the math yourself ; right now a bundle of 5 x 100 units flags its 12,84 euro,  that gets you 100 units papa-papa for 2,5 euro.

In-game purchase, one by one, at 8 doubloons a piece, its more expensive.Its over 40% more expensive.

" I think it's almost identical .." seems wrong.

PS - to say "you can buy all kind of flags with coal" its also wrong, unless you can share here where you can buy unlimited quantities of coal !

If one has no more coal, then what  ?

( in my case, I spent the coal in commanders...)

• Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles

The doubloon resupply was introduced in 0.7.4, so not forever but in April 2018. That's 9 months ago.

You can buy all of the standard flags in the Arsenal, just checked. So it's not wrong, you just created a strawman.

Also, if you that desperately need economic flags, then stock up on doubloons when WG is running a special sale or buy a discounted bundle. You can easily drive the cost of the doubloon down, here a few examples:

1000 db pack - 1 db costs 0,0042€

2500 db pack - 1 db costs 0,0040€

5500 db pack - 1 db costs 0,0036€

If you utilize coupons you can drive the price even lower.

Personally I never had to buy signals with doubloons, I can easily get two daily crates per day. Picking a resource container and a flag container each day, keeps my signal locker filled with hundreds of flags and guarantees me 400 coal per day, that's 12k coal per month.

I'm not condoning WG's policy, but I don't see the point of having a rage thread here. Especially since I saw that papa papa flags were sold in the shop for about 3,3€ per 100x before they were pulled (Google keeps cached versions of the site). Which is nothing.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
548 posts

Please do not say this is  " a rage thread " - are you trying to inflame things here ??

I just raised a legitimate question, please do not try to deflect the question with false statements.

Second, you wrongly argued " you can buy all kind of flags with coal" - that.s an false statement,  again, are no sources for "unlimited coal"; Stick to the facts please.

Coupons are limited also, and your "12k coal/month" its just ridiculous considering the costs in coal - did you forgot how much costs a commander ? Or a ship ? Try to save coal for a ship then see if you can afford to buy flags with coal !

And to say the Premium Shop was in need to " de-clutter the shop and consolidate the flag sale " - I found that statement a joke, mate.

Having MORE things to sale is always better then having less.

Using your strange logic, now the Shop it.s more then "cluttered" (lol !) with lottery containers !

Players
23 posts
1,824 battles

I miss the Individual flags too, it was a lot easier to just buy 100 of whatever from the premium shop.

For me at least :)

EDIT: Can you buy a certain amount from the client with doubloons or only resupply them? E.G. I would like to buy 100 for doubloons, just to have my budgeting. Is it possible?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,738 posts
11,549 battles

Hi all,

21 hours ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Last days I saw one cant buy anymore a lot of flags from Premium Shop, in fact, last days are only 2 choices available for flags-only :

a bundle at 31 euros, and another at 13 (12,84 ) euros.

Its this a permanent change ? I used to buy small packs of what I need only, like papa-papa, etc ;

Right now, this smaller bundle are no more available, instead are tons of containers at sale;

I wonder, they will force us to buy only big packs now and/or containers lottery ?

I confess I do not like this ....

Your toughs, guys ?  Anyone have an inside ?

https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/

I have checked and NA and RU have this removed as well... so it was not coincidence...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Players
548 posts
5 hours ago, The_Drunk_Hussar said:

I miss the Individual flags too, it was a lot easier to just buy 100 of whatever from the premium shop.

For me at least :)

EDIT: Can you buy a certain amount from the client with doubloons or only resupply them? E.G. I would like to buy 100 for doubloons, just to have my budgeting. Is it possible?

Sadly, only by 1 - re-supply method,  you cant anymore make a stock of ONLY what you need, and I did the math also, by this new method its over 40% more expensive; 

Some dude here was arguing with me "you can buy in arsenal with coal everything you need",  but fact is, is just BS since are no sources for enough coal , especially when you need 1 1/2 month daily supply only to buy a fraking upgrade.

You want to save coal for a ship ? For a commander ? Forgot spending coal on flags...And even so, you can buy some 20 of them, using al coupons you get 60, and that its less then you could buy before in a small bundle (100 units). For me was simple, make a stock of some 150-200 of each type I need (economical flags) and that was serving me all the month.

I usually keep the doubloons for more important things, like captain retraining and modules demount...  Or an perma camo.

I am not surprised, peoples will need to buy first doubloons then buy flags by units with an 40% more inflationary price - great deal for WG, not so great for us.

Right now the store its 99,99% lottery containers....

In another order of ideas, (maybe is just me) but when you guys get last super container on the daily lottery ? my last one was on October last year... since then I tried some 25-30 times, no luck at al...

I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere they reduced the chances for a super-container also.... Again, I may be wrong, can be just my bad luck...

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles
On 1/14/2019 at 6:48 PM, Aragathor said:

5500 db pack - 1 db costs 0,0036

Based on which, 100 Papa Papas @ 8 doubloons each would cost €2.88. Which is quite significantly cheaper than...

On 1/14/2019 at 6:15 PM, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

That.s 3,6 euros, if I am right.

And than the old store price

On 1/14/2019 at 6:48 PM, Aragathor said:

Especially since I saw that papa papa flags were sold in the shop for about 3,3€ per 100x before they were pulled (Google keeps cached versions of the site).

In fact, @Nautical_Metaphor crunched the numbers on this a while back and found that it was cheaper to buy economic signals for doubloons rather than for cash – which, frankly, it *should* be when you're paying with store credit you've bought in bulk in advance.

So if anything, WG have removed the more expensive option, which seems like good customer relations to me. I can only see it being a problem for those who never bought doubloons for any purpose before, but did buy flags from the website. However, I would hazard a guess that few players fall into that category, and it isn't really the issue at hand anyway. Thoughts?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles
4 hours ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Thoughts?

I think that the overall change was positive for everyone. Not only did it give a boost to doubloon uses and sales, but also allowed WG to consolidate sales. Let's not forget that every transaction has to be filed and then the sales team has to analyze it. Having a dozen single flag items in the shop might have been too uneconomical for WG, as they could have been creating more work than they were worth.

I think the next step for WG should be to make the economy flag packages in the Arsenal obtainable with doubloons. Same price, but allowing players to buy in bulk, or at least in 20x increments.

@MrConwayI don't know whether this is possible, but if you like it could you forward it up?

• Cool 1

Players
548 posts
5 hours ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Based on which, 100 Papa Papas @ 8 doubloons each would cost €2.88. Which is quite significantly cheaper than...

And than the old store price

In fact, @Nautical_Metaphor crunched the numbers on this a while back and found that it was cheaper to buy economic signals for doubloons rather than for cash – which, frankly, it *should* be when you're paying with store credit you've bought in bulk in advance.

So if anything, WG have removed the more expensive option, which seems like good customer relations to me. I can only see it being a problem for those who never bought doubloons for any purpose before, but did buy flags from the website. However, I would hazard a guess that few players fall into that category, and it isn't really the issue at hand anyway. Thoughts?

Math seems to be different for each one - I will break down this for , since its easier to make here the math then to get as an "trustworthy" argument the to put someone "results" without checking ! 

5500 doubloons = 20 euros = 225 doubloons for each euro, that.s mind 0,004(4)  euros a doubloon and NOT 0, 0036 , like some here try to say. Right now THIS is the cost.

Pack of 100 (part of bundle kit in shop) PapaPapa.s = 2,568  price available now, still, for one of the last 2 flag bundles... bundle still available now, probably not for long.

Then to say "Based on which, 100 Papa Papas @ 8 doubloons each would cost €2.88. Which is quite significantly cheaper than..." - its not correct.

To buy in-game one by one its 800 doubloons 100 units .

The argument used here to argue the 0,0036 euros / doubloons its from this:

"... The C column is based on the conversion rate of the 14,500 doubloon chest and the E column on the one for the 30,500 doubloon chest. "

But, I will ask you: how many peoples bought 30,500 doubloons chests and how many bought cheaper bundles of 100 units flags ?

Answer that, and see who is affect more by this change.

To conclude, I think the fact they take away several options to buy flags make the deal worst,  and arguing here WG "need to consolidate sales" its funny, or arguing " the shop was cluttered with flag bundles" its just ridiculous, considering right now the shop its flooded with useless lottery containers.

As an universal rule of sales, reducing option to negotiate a price its always an bad choice, not a smart one.

Players
55 posts
10,144 battles
14 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Math seems to be different for each one - I will break down this for , since its easier to make here the math then to get as an "trustworthy" argument the to put someone "results" without checking ! 

5500 doubloons = 20 euros = 225 doubloons for each euro, that.s mind 0,004(4)  euros a doubloon and NOT 0, 0036 , like some here try to say. Right now THIS is the cost.

Pack of 100 (part of bundle kit in shop) PapaPapa.s = 2,568  price available now, still, for one of the last 2 flag bundles... bundle still available now, probably not for long.

Then to say "Based on which, 100 Papa Papas @ 8 doubloons each would cost €2.88. Which is quite significantly cheaper than..." - its not correct.

"... The C column is based on the conversion rate of the 14,500 doubloon chest and the E column on the one for the 30,500 doubloon chest. "

But, I will ask you: how many peoples bought 30,500 doubloons chests and how many bought cheaper bundles of 100 units flags ?

To conclude, I think the fact they take away several options to buy flags make the deal worst,  and arguing here WG "need to consolidate sales" its funny, or arguing " the shop was cluttered with flag bundles" its just ridiculous, considering right now the shop its flooded with useless lottery containers.

As an universal rule of sales, reducing option to negotiate a price its always an bad choice, not a smart one.

You are dividing flag bundles as all the flags are same price. Papa are one of the most expensive. 

I think the biggest problem with ingame purchase with doubloons is that all economy flags you have mounted are going to be refiled, even those who you dont find them worth the price. So you have to check that out every time as it is not enough time consuming already. 

WG please incorporate button for "demount all flags" or there is one and i am blind. It takes to long to mount or demount 8 flags. I mean pause when you clik and mount button appears. Or is this my problem only?

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,697 battles
41 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Math seems to be different for each one

No, not really. Unless you work sloppily or try to manipulate the outcome.

42 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

No it's not.

If the price was 0,4 ct for a doubloon then a 5500 doubloon pack would cost 22€. Which it doesn't.

I have rounded up my calculation to a hundreth, as is usual when dealing with money. That's imprecise as well, but the difference is not 2€ but 0,19€, since 5500x0,0036=19,8.

47 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

That's pure speculation, as you aren't a WG sales employee. Also you don't mention the fact that the pack is 20% off compared to single purchase, the full value is 16,06€. You also calculate ignoring the fact that you aren't buying 500 Papa Papa flags, but 5x100 different economic signals of different in-game value. That's dishonest. Even following your train of thought shows the normal value of 100 signals as 3,21€.

53 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

It's correct if you buy doubloons for 0,0036€ a dub.

55 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

You are missing a "=". The doubloons in the client do not change, it's their price for cash as has been demonstrated. You will always pay 800 doubloons for 100 Papa Papa signals, but the actual price of those doubloons will wary unless you always buy the same package.

57 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

No, it isn't. It's from a simple division of the shop price by the amount of doubloons received. Nautical Metaphor has calculated the doubloon cost for:

14500 doubloons/49,99€ - 0,0034€

30500 doubloons/99,99€ - 0,0033€

Which would bring the price of 100 Papa Papa signals to 2,72€ for the former and 2,64€ for the latter. This neatly showcases that you get diminishing returns on large doubloon packages.

1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Enough for WG to decide that single signal packs had got to go from the shop.

1 hour ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

People like you are affected, that is people who had 9 months time to stock up on doubloons by utilizing sales and special offers. A few months back almost everyone got a 20%/30% coupon valid for doubloons and other stuff in the shop. It's only your fault that you have been caught with no signals and standard shop options.

And changing the subject:

33 minutes ago, xRSxrs said:

WG please incorporate button for "demount all flags" or there is one and i am blind. It takes to long to mount or demount 8 flags. I mean pause when you clik and mount button appears. Or is this my problem only

I think in the last Q&A session MrConway or Sub_Octavian said that they will push it forward to Leningrad to see whether it can be implemented. Enough people have been asking for it that we might see it someday soon.

• Cool 2

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles
3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I think the next step for WG should be to make the economy flag packages in the Arsenal obtainable with doubloons. Same price, but allowing players to buy in bulk, or at least in 20x increments.

@MrConwayI don't know whether this is possible, but if you like it could you forward it up?

This is an excellent idea :Smile_great:

Alpha Tester
2,065 posts
2,794 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue sagte:

*snip*

Just to keep things straight...   5500 /20 = 275 ...   and not 225 ...

So yeah, math seems to be different for...   well....  ;-)

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,798 posts
2,816 battles
4 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I think that the overall change was positive for everyone. Not only did it give a boost to doubloon uses and sales, but also allowed WG to consolidate sales. Let's not forget that every transaction has to be filed and then the sales team has to analyze it. Having a dozen single flag items in the shop might have been too uneconomical for WG, as they could have been creating more work than they were worth.

I'll pass on the feedback!

• Cool 2

Players
23 posts
1,824 battles
26 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I'll pass on the feedback!

Please do!

Buying a bundle with doubloons, a certain quantity, would be easier since then you know that you have 20/50/100 flags. Resupplying is honestly uncomfortable when you have many ships, and you have to remember to resupply or not on each ship. 

Thanks!

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,738 posts
11,549 battles

Hi all,

Is there consensus regarding prices being similar (i.e. new prices via Doubloons and old prices via real money in "Premium Shop")?

BTW, I re-posted this info on Reddit as well (most people didn't know the info):

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles
32 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Is there consensus regarding prices being similar (i.e. new prices via Doubloons and old prices via real money in "Premium Shop")?

Based on the old premium shop price of €3.30 for 100 Papa Papas quoted above*, then it should actually be cheaper to buy signals using doubloons, as long as you buy your doubloons in batches of at least 2,500. [Using the figures quoted by Aragathor above, if you buy this package then 1 doubloon = €0.004, so 100 Papa Papas = 800 x €0.004 = €3.20] This does not take into account the possibility of using coupons or other offers to buy doubloons and make it even cheaper still. Buying doubloons in greater bulk (I tend to buy mine in batches of 10,000, for GBP 30.67 a pop) will drive the price down further.

* IIRC the real-money costs of different economic flags in the premium shop followed the same cost scaling as the doubloon costs in game, i.e. ESCL bundles (16 doubloons each in-game) were twice as expensive as same-sized bundles of Papa Papa and Zulu (8 doubloons each in-game); Zulu Hotel was 3/4 the price of Papa Papa (6 doubloons), and India Bravo Terratree was half the price of Papa Papa (4 doubloons). We can therefore use this one example to draw the same conclusion for all 5 types.

Naturally, I say all this with an open invitation to correct any mistakes in my working.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,738 posts
11,549 battles

HI all,

13 minutes ago, 10ThousandThings said:

Based on the old premium shop price of €3.30 for 100 Papa Papas quoted above*, then it should actually be cheaper to buy signals using doubloons, as long as you buy your doubloons in batches of at least 2,500. [Using the figures quoted by Aragathor above, if you buy this package then 1 doubloon = €0.004, so 100 Papa Papas = 800 x €0.004 = €3.20] This does not take into account the possibility of using coupons or other offers to buy doubloons and make it even cheaper still. Buying doubloons in greater bulk (I tend to buy mine in batches of 10,000, for GBP 30.67 a pop) will drive the price down further.

* IIRC the real-money costs of different economic flags in the premium shop followed the same cost scaling as the doubloon costs in game, i.e. ESCL bundles (16 doubloons each in-game) were twice as expensive as same-sized bundles of Papa Papa and Zulu (8 doubloons each in-game); Zulu Hotel was 3/4 the price of Papa Papa (6 doubloons), and India Bravo Terratree was half the price of Papa Papa (4 doubloons). We can therefore use this one example to draw the same conclusion for all 5 types.

Naturally, I say all this with an open invitation to correct any mistakes in my working.

OK - thanks!

BTW, if you get your Doubloons with 30-50% OFF (via various discounts) then you get even more profit... :Smile_coin:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 1

Players
548 posts
8 hours ago, Kimosabe_X said:

All the presumptions made here are taking in account prices for doubloons with  for max quantity - nobody bother to see how things change if one buy smaller packs, of 500, 1000 doubloons packs.

Anyway, I will submit my vote to ask WG to allow us to buy more then 1 unit (using re-supply option) - I found myself forgetting to unchecked some flags I do not need and, sure,  forgot to take the flags I need instead.

Maybe will be a nice thing to have the option to buy flags in Arsenal in bundles of 100 units instead of 20 and NOT with only coal.

Like I argued before, you can get only limited coal / month, and the quantity its not enough for the needs of a player who want upgrades, a commander maybe, and especially if you save for a ship...

Players
547 posts
2,019 battles
58 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

All the presumptions made here are taking in account prices for doubloons with  for max quantity - nobody bother to see how things change if one buy smaller packs, of 500, 1000 doubloons packs.

Looking at the GBP values in the premium shop, the 1,000 doubloon pack is approximately 6.5% more expensive per doubloon than the 2,500 doubloon pack. I assume this holds true for doubloons bought for EUR too (if someone with easy access to the EUR prices is as bored with what they're meant to be doing right now as I am and feels the desire to check that, be my guest :Smile_veryhappy:).

If 100 Papa Papa flags cost +/- €3.20 if bought using doubloons from a 2,500 pack (see posts above), then that would mean the cost of 100 Papa Papa using doubloons from a 1,000 pack is +/- €3.20 x 1.065 = €3.41 (rounded to the nearest whole cent). This is indeed more expensive than the now-withdrawn flag bundles, and buying doubloons in batches of 500 would give even worse value.

Conclusion: If you wish to spend real money on economic signals, buy doubloons in packs of at least 2,500 – this will be cheaper in the long run than buying the old flag bundles (I also wouldn't exactly call 2,500 doubloons 'max quantity', but I suppose that's quite subjective). If you can buy your doubloons in even larger batches and/or use discount coupons on them, so much the better.

I agree that being able to spend doubloons on batches of flags in the Arsenal would be a good feature, and hope the devs respond positively to the feedback that MrConway has said he'll pass along (even if I, a fairly casual player, tend to earn signals faster than I use them). Given that there are now plenty of other items available for doubloons in the Arsenal, there is precedent and it would make a lot of sense.

Edited by 10ThousandThings
paragraphing and stuff

Players
548 posts

Fully agree, In fact the numbers circulated here are most for chests of 5500 doubloons,  and, in another order of ideas,  having coal as only currency  in Arsenal when it come to flags its bad for us and bad for WG.