You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IceyJones

Still a thing?! 5 minute wait time teams!

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,262 posts
23,227 battles

There is nothing more annoying than such matches:

WorldOfWarships_2019_01_14_01_41_20_162.thumb.jpg.69658a66d531424cca55c8d049f62a47.jpg

where a CV waited over 5 minutes and the MM-system just takes whats in queue atm and starts a match without full teams.

seriously! for 10 ppl this is a waste of time and bears absolutely NO fun at all.

this mechanic should get kicked out of the game!

• Cool 3

[BS4]
Players
1,132 posts
6,321 battles
2 hours ago, IceyJones said:

WorldOfWarships_2019_01_14_01_41_20_162.thumb.jpg.69658a66d531424cca55c8d049f62a47.jpg

where a CV waited over 5 minutes and the MM-system just takes whats in queue atm and starts a match without full teams.

seriously! for 10 ppl this is a waste of time and bears absolutely NO fun at all.

What time of the day was this? Did you notice how many players online at the time? This could be due simply to a lack of numbers and the required ships in the right tier bracket. It happens from time to time. My log ins are usually very quick.  

[ONE2]
Players
2,942 posts
17,701 battles

Resolution: Always play Cruiser, never wait for it for longer that 20-30 sec if by then no match, change ship&tier, mind your time of day and play high&low tiers only during peak times, check the queue - Choose the ship type which is least popular for yourself - If you spot CV and don't want to risk it, stop queuing and wait for a couple of more minutes before trying it again. :Smile_Default:

Of course, you may still be out of luck at times but a lot less often. :cap_cool:

Players
875 posts
16,544 battles

I had very few battles like this, mostly during night time and with CV.  

Was this one when only few players where online Icey?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
28 minutes ago, IceyJones said:
Spoiler

So, at what time was that SS taken? Can we see the end battle screenie?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,955 battles

This isn't about OP waiting time, it's about MM deciding that any player waited long enough in queue and simply grabs whatever is available to make a game.

You could get into queue and get matched literally a second later and could still have this MM if another player had been waiting in queue long enough beforehand, mostly hightier CVs due to the necessity for mirroring tiers and the relative miniscule playerbase that will result into 1+ minute waiting time in queue even at peak activity hours because so few people play them.

Beta Tester
1,262 posts
23,227 battles

it was in night time, yes. normally i have a look on this, but i was instamatched! no chance to avoid.

the tirpitz had the worst match. instadeleted by balanced AP bombs.

there were approx still 5k players online and all other games were still totally normal even in high tiers.

this happens only, when u have a "smart" CV player, that waits over 5 minutes in queue.

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,178 battles

if it was in the night time then u cant complain. end of. this is the EU server and activity dips at around 11 to 12 at night. stop whining please

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,262 posts
23,227 battles

i can complain as much and as long i want

and i complain about players, that wait longer than 5 minutes to play CVs at night time, knowing they ruin the whole match for ALL by forcing a game like this on them

[THROW]
Weekend Tester
994 posts
5,602 battles

Okay, for you challanged with understanding written text:

OP did nothing wrong, just as 10 other people. The only one at fault is the CV sitting in queue for 5 mins.

Solutions:

1) kick CVs out after 4:59 waiting time. This has the added bonus of less afk at the start of the match ('oh sorry, you were all killed and scouted in the first 5 minutes because I was waiting in queue so long that I went to read a book').

2) match CV against CV in these cases. 1v1 me brah'. I mean games are litearlly that anyway, let the other 22 people have a break.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
2 hours ago, IceyJones said:

I count 12 people in the match :Smile_hiding: (or do you mean the CVs had fun?)

Yes that Tier X CV that waits in queue for 3+ Minutes and causes games like this should learn some manners.

Even I know of the unwritten rule that you don't queue hightier CV any longer than 3 Minutes and I am a DD main that rarely plays CV and I am not even up there yet. (still Tier VII atm)

But after all this is soon resolved as the balans CV Rework will fix this issue in a few weeks. (for some time at least)

[TKBS]
Players
308 posts
9,269 battles

What about wait some days for the next patch to hit ? No more cv limit  more players on them problem solved

Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Snoww said:

if it was in the night time then u cant complain. end of. this is the EU server and activity dips at around 11 to 12 at night. stop whining please

This happens when a CV waits too long in the queue at server quiet times, everyone who plays in the small hours knows this. The issue here is not Icey's complaint but rather the CV player's selfish behaviour. Whatever happened to consideration for others? Judging by your response I see it has all but disappeared as you are advocating this lack of consideration.

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,178 battles
1 hour ago, xxNihilanxx said:

This happens when a CV waits too long in the queue at server quiet times, everyone who plays in the small hours knows this. The issue here is not Icey's complaint but rather the CV player's selfish behaviour. Whatever happened to consideration for others? Judging by your response I see it has all but disappeared as you are advocating this lack of consideration.

oh my god im so sorry for CVs selfish behaviour of wanting to play the game that is so rude of them how could i ever dispute that

• Boring 1

[ANV]
Players
318 posts
3,693 battles

Never had a problem with the queues. Then again I play at busy times, get a game almost instantly

Beta Tester
1,715 posts
12,392 battles
20 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

oh my god im so sorry for CVs selfish behaviour of wanting to play the game that is so rude of them how could i ever dispute that

From the in-game tooltip:

"If you are waiting too long in the queue try choosing a different tier or ship type"

Your response - "I want to play my CV so phuq everyone else".

At the quiet times WG cannot fix the fact that there are only a small number of players online, at that point it is up to us, the players, to change our behaviour to ensure the game runs smoothly. This often means choosing something other than our preferred ship type or tier. As I said, this is just basic consideration, something that seems sorely lacking in many.

I appreciate that you feel you are being "cool and edgy" by demonstrating publicly what a selfish a-hole you are but that will change with maturity.

• Cool 3

Players
1,393 posts
12,202 battles
4 hours ago, IceyJones said:

CVs should be kicked out of the game. 

[ANV]
Players
318 posts
3,693 battles

Could someone explain what's going on? Does the CV player sit and wait, in queue, for max wait time (5 mins?) at which point the MM just chucks together the best it can? 

Players
4,759 posts
8,460 battles
6 minutes ago, Lord0 said:

Could someone explain what's going on? Does the CV player sit and wait, in queue, for max wait time (5 mins?) at which point the MM just chucks together the best it can? 

It might be way longer then 5 mins - 5 min is the minimum, when the mm will start with weird builds. Basically, 1 CV could sit there for hours, if no other CV of the same tier will enter the Queue. Once it happens tho, a game is created immediately. It might even be a 1vs1 CVs only, if no other ship in tier-range is in the queue.

[ANV]
Players
318 posts
3,693 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

It might be way longer then 5 mins - 5 min is the minimum, when the mm will start with weird builds. Basically, 1 CV could sit there for hours, if no other CV of the same tier will enter the Queue. Once it happens tho, a game is created immediately. It might even be a 1vs1 CVs only, if no other ship in tier-range is in the queue.

Ah I see. Thanks

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,924 battles
3 hours ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Of course we can complain when we are thrown into idiotic unfair waste-of-time. Which server it is and what time of day does not matter. 

3 hours ago, Lord_WC said:

Okay, for you challanged with understanding written text:

OP did nothing wrong, just as 10 other people. The only one at fault is the CV sitting in queue for 5 mins.

Solutions:

1) kick CVs out after 4:59 waiting time. This has the added bonus of less afk at the start of the match ('oh sorry, you were all killed and scouted in the first 5 minutes because I was waiting in queue so long that I went to read a book').

2) match CV against CV in these cases. 1v1 me brah'. I mean games are litearlly that anyway, let the other 22 people have a break.

2 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

I would not be so strict about judging "CV player's fault". This is bad game mechanic, idiotic algorithm which just does not work properly because it assembles crippled teams. In physics this is called "degenerate" ;)

This is Wargaming's fault. And regarding possible solutions? I would opt for just waiting with all the queue until proper teams can be assembled. Simple as that. 

Or possibly working on AI to the stage when it is possible to fill missing places with bots (certainly not an option currently).

The whole "5-minute rule" instantly grabbing people from the queue because someone waited magic 5 minutes is totally whacky idea. :cap_horn:

Players
4,759 posts
8,460 battles
9 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

The whole "5-minute rule" instantly grabbing people from the queue because someone waited magic 5 minutes is totally whacky idea. :cap_horn:

Actually - this is very true, when you think about it some more. Someone, who waited > 5 mins, shouldnt have a problem to wait like 30 sec more?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,897 posts
10,771 battles
6 hours ago, IceyJones said:

.... or up to     24      20-22. Unfortunately WG seems determinated to keep CVs in the game and even increase their un-fun-ness and their numbers to ever higher levels. :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

Players
1,428 posts
30 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Actually - this is very true, when you think about it some more. Someone, who waited > 5 mins, shouldnt have a problem to wait like 30 sec more?

Just remove the whole wait thingy. If someone wants to wait 30 min to get into a match, by all means do it. But if they want to have a quick match, pick another ship and get into a match in 30 sec. 

• Cool 2

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
11,953 posts
17,023 battles
4 hours ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Whatever happened to consideration for others?

You really asking that?

We are both playing WoWs, right?

• Funny 2