Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bratwurst_Bob

Quick battle report: please show total Credits, not received

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
183 posts
6,792 battles

After a couple of matches I would like to see how things went and mouse over the results, but to see how much I actually gained from the match I either need to open each battle report for the details or check the service cost individually in the notifications tab. I find both impractical. If I could at least just incorporate the Service Cost into the Battle Result by option /or it were included by default I would have a much better understanding of my actual credit gain (or loss) than by only looking at the result.

total.png

It would even entice me more to maybe go premium when I see how much (or little) I gained. Buying a Premium Ship would become even more attractive when I can see with each result how much more I can gain with it.

total-prem.png

To me the "received" number is quite useless, as there is always the cost reducing what is actually received. And that amount can vary wildly. Having the actual total conveniently and instantly available by a simple mouse over is imho much more logical than the current amount displayed.

EDIT:

I did add the statistics tab available from the ModStation, but there I can only get the sum total of all matches, not the individual values, in case someone might suggest it.

• Cool 4

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Nope?

As in, everything is fine, nothing needs to change.

Go into battle report and see the stuff itemized, see the overall in the resume. And since the "received" number is usually the important one, since is the one taken into account for events, well...

Alpha Tester
183 posts
6,792 battles

No it is not fine. It is impractical and the received credits mean nothing without the costs. As I said, checking each match individually does not give me a good overview of how I fared creditwise, it takes too long and is inconvenient. 

[OGHF]
Players
902 posts
14,758 battles

Sorry, but to have that much information shown is impractical, present system is fine, if you can not be bothered to click on the tab to open the full cost, credit’s etc, says a lot about yourself.

Alpha Tester
183 posts
6,792 battles

Showing the TOTAL instead of the RECEIVED is how exactly too much information? It's still one line of information. The cumbersome system of opening each and every match result to get a quick and relevant overview shows I care to see the actual amount of what's left after the costs. Just like in real life, you know? Income without the costs means nothing when it comes to economy and if you are doing fine or need to look for a different source of income.

So, indeed it says a lot about me, in the middle of the month I do look at the total on my bank account, not the received and calculate from each transaction what's actually there.

[NWP]
Players
6,805 posts
7,602 battles

edit how thit that happen... empty post!?

ok again:

Im actually with you on this one. I think average player doesnt understand that most of the time they are not gaining credits when they play hightiers. Game literally tells them -> xxx.xxx credits.

On the other hand, they would probably start whining why they are suddenly losing credits :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Alpha Tester
183 posts
6,792 battles

I bet if it were optional per settings to show either the received or the total credits in the quick report, anyone aware of it would want to see the total. Same goes for this:

exit-game.png

If you could turn it off for every instance you get asked ARE YOU SURE? (especially EVERY match you want to leave, EVERY GODDAMN MATCH! Yes, I'm sure!! I was for 3 years now!) everybody would do so. Super annoying, paternalism that gets old real fast.

[BLUMR]
Players
101 posts
6,564 battles

If its Helpful to you. There's a Mod I run that shows you total net credits made over all your battles played that session. :fish_book:

Also shows Kills; Base Xp, free Xp, win / loss and Average Damage for that playing session.

Its obviously not what you want exactly but a better alternative instead of looking after each match? 

Alpha Tester
183 posts
6,792 battles

Yes; I got that one.

total.png

it's only the received sum, though. Not the sum total.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

edit how thit that happen... empty post!?

ok again:

Im actually with you on this one. I think average player doesnt understand that most of the time they are not gaining credits when they play hightiers. Game literally tells them -> xxx.xxx credits.

On the other hand, they would probably start whining why they are suddenly losing credits :Smile_teethhappy:

this.

That is most likely the reason why we have the current system of only showing the gains. Special Players can't stand if their favourite game tells them too obviously that they suck at the game which consistent red numbers in the battleresults would do.

I agree the Total gain AFTER cost is the one that I would want/expect on the front page of the battle results, but it's easier to sell premiumtime if you can show much bigger numbers with (free) premiumtime active so...

2 hours ago, Bratwurst_Bob said:

I bet if it were optional per settings to show either the received or the total credits in the quick report, anyone aware of it would want to see the total. Same goes for this:

exit-game.png

If you could turn it off for every instance you get asked ARE YOU SURE? (especially EVERY match you want to leave, EVERY GODDAMN MATCH! Yes, I'm sure!! I was for 3 years now!) everybody would do so. Super annoying, paternalism that gets old real fast.

Well that one makes sense though and i wouldn't want to miss it as someone who changes voiceovers in the battle regularly every few battles.

Imagine having the game of your live and in a brief pause of the action you just quickly want to change some settings that just annoys you atm (voiceover for example), but you accidentaly press "Leave battle" and land in port with no confirmation required.

Much more annoying even if rare than having to press yes everytime you want to leave without watching to the end.

It also serves as a denial of an excuse for those that think leaving battle (with still floating ship) i ok just because they don't like the matchup for example. They can't say I accidentaly pressed Leave I just wanted to change some settings.

Players
237 posts
11,676 battles

Mate, before  first match look at credit account number, then whenever you want credit grind total sum just look new number at credit acc, do some simple math and diffrence is your profit, same for exp, free exp, commander xp, etc.

[ANV]
Players
315 posts
3,690 battles

I agree with OP. 

The quick report should show Net credits earned and not Gross. It's annoying to have to click through to see what you actually "earned"

• Cool 1

[BAD-F]
Players
332 posts
7,557 battles
3 hours ago, Lord0 said:

I agree with OP. 

The quick report should show Net credits earned and not Gross. It's annoying to have to click through to see what you actually "earned"

IMHO it should show both but again, I can see why WG doesn't...

With the "leave" prompt, they could have it confirmation only if your ship hasn't sunk yet...

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,613 posts
14,209 battles

Why not a check box? In some cases you want to know credits earned (aka Prinz Eitel Farming campaign) in other raw income? Just a cheesy little check box in the settings...

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
930 posts
2,726 battles

The profit could be in a bit more prominent place in the detailed report....

I assume it's WG trying to make the economy feel better than it is....

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this