Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZeroCommaZero

Which ships are keepers by tiers?

22 comments in this topic

Players
1,174 posts
18,698 battles

Simple answer: depends very heavily on what you like.

Otherwise, a defenitely not complete list of ships, that (i hope) should have fairly broad appeal and are generally considered strong or at least decent.

Ships you can't get without luck or paying actual money are excluded.

I: don't even think about it

II: V-25

III: St. Louis, Bogatyr, Nassau

IV: Clemson, Shenyang

V: Furutaka

VI: Budyonny, Fuso

VII: Fiji, Myoko, Helena, Nelson

VIII: North Carolina, Amagi, Baltimore, Chapayev, Kiev

IX: Kitakaze, Fletcher, Iowa

X: basically everything, that fits your taste

But, as i said above this list is not that useful since 100ppl on the forum will prolly give you between 50 and 95 different lists.

I'd add a ton of other sheeps in there since i like a broad variety of playstyles. Your mileage may differ.

• Cool 3

Players
685 posts
5,475 battles
1 minute ago, That_Other_Nid said:

Tier 7s. Pretty much all of them.

Arguably all t7 and higher are keepers solely because the cost of buying and fitting them again if you everb want them back becomes very prohibitive.

• Cool 1

Players
1,788 posts
1,673 battles

These are the silver ones I have kept:

Black Swan, Orion, Fiji, KGV, Jervis, Conq, Daring

And all the British prems with the exception of DoY and Vanguard/Dreadnought.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,831 posts
15,683 battles

My personal favorites:

T3

G-101 - better than the T4. Great for lulz and torpedo jousting.

Bogatyr - a real fire breather of a ship.

T4

Clemson - an overarmed answer to WoT's Luchs, the cutest little murder machine you can own.

T5

Furutaka - 203mm guns at T5, combined with good torps and armor.

T6

Fuso & Normandie - 12 gun monsters, the first being a fast shooting long range ship and the other a fast secondary derp.

Budyonny - the proverbial Russian cruiser, with few weak points if you can understand the ship.

T7

As many said there are few lemons on that tier. My personal highlights:

Fiji - one of the best RN cruisers.

Yorck - after the buffs a worthy introduction to the German heavy cruisers.

Gadjah Mada - better than Jervis and still op.

Akatsuki - a dedicated gunboat captain makes this ship better than Blyskawica in every category save HP. While still remaining a great torp boat.

Lyon - 16x guns just can't do no wrong.

T8

A bad tier for silver ships.

Z-23 - unique enough to be kept and played with it's 5x 150mm guns.

T9

Dimitr Donskoi - an interesting combination of unique guns on a decent platform.

Saint Louis - a really good ship that takes the great Charles Martell and upgrades it further.

T10

Everything that strikes your fancy.

Honorable mention to the dearly departed:

AS Bogue - a$$ c@ncer Bogue, the T5 that took a smelly dump on the enemy CV. You will be missed.

• Cool 2

Players
7,828 posts
9,498 battles
1 hour ago, ZeroCommaZero said:

Simple question. :Smile_unsure:

The ones you like to play? There is little point advising to keep lets say, Helena when you can't stomach Freedom Ballistics.

My personal lineup:

T3 - Bogatyr

T4 - Kuma

T5 - Furutaka, Kirov, Konigsberg

T6 - Buddyonny, Pensacola, Fuso, Queen Elizabeth,, Nurnberg, Ryujo, Fushun

T7 - Helena, Lyon, Maass, Gadjah Mada, Myoko, Fiji

T8 - Charles Martel, North Carolina, Richelieu, Mogami 155, Benson, Kiev, Z-23 w/IFHE, Hipper

T9 - Kitakaze, Fletcher, Tashkent

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Not every single player likes exactly the same ship or ships. Keep those that you think you're performing well when playing them and suitable for your playstyle.

• Cool 1

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
6,898 battles

Pretty much all tier 6 ships, most tier 7 and tier 10. 

But yeah just keep the ones that suit you is the best answer really.

Players
4,534 posts
245 battles

T3 st louis.

T4 the japanese destroyer cant remember the name.

T5 I guess the konig and emile bertin.

T6 QE, Gaede, La Baguette, Indepdance, normandie.

T7 Algerie, maass (maybe once i figure out how to do actual damage in it)

T8+ not enough data or ships to actually know what would be best.

Either way keep whats most comfortable to you and what you do well in or are improving in generally.

[ONE2]
Players
2,939 posts
17,676 battles

Weel, basically I have kept nearly all Japanese DD's and Cruisers (IJN fanboy), which were actually built in real life (no paper ships). BB's from Kongo onwards except for Izumo and Amagi (since they were never actually put to service). I also have some German, US, Russian and French ships I liked or which are of historical interest to me - Such as Emile Bertin, Algerie, Hipper, Kirov and so on. In principle I have made sure to keep 1 DD, 1 Cruiser and 1 BB for every tier (Hashidate for tier 1) just so I will be able to join in no matter what my mates might fancy playing with (some of them are just beginners in WoWs). :cap_old:

I have now expanded this a bit so I tend to have 4 DD's and Cruisers for each tier from 5-8, but only the "real" ships, still no paper ships. These are what i play the most, though I do have quite a few BB's "just for the collection" and just 1 CV (Hiryu). in addition to this I do have some random premiums I've gotten as reward ships or from containers and have not had the heart to dispose of, eventhough I am not necessarily too keen to play them at the moment. maybe some day. :Smile_Default:

Players
2,922 posts
8,410 battles

The ones that immediately come to mind are:

1) Donsky....I just love this ship.  Very versatile and a great support ship.

2) Buddy....Solid ship for it's tier. 

3) Lyon.....Just guns, guns and more guns.  

4) Furutaka.  203 guns at tier 5? Yes thank you.  And it's tanky.

The rest i'm afraid to say are premiums. 

Cleveland and Nur used to be but after nerfs (Nur arcs and old Cleveland power-creep) i have left them in the port.

Silver ships being better than Coal, Steel and FXP are very few and far between now-a-days IMHO. 

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
344 posts
16,575 battles

As a crazy bote collector I have all obtained gold and silver ships in port (at the moment 232) - but only some of them are played more often, bold are strong preferred ships with 19p captains (the most played):

T1-T3 not very interesting

T4: Yubari, Nikolai I and Clemson

T5: Kamikaze, Giulio Cesare, Emerald, Okhotnik

T6: T-61, Leander, Perth, Dallas, Fubuki, Budyonny, Shinonome, De Grasse, Gallant, Molotov, Huanghe

T7: Fiji, Belfast, Gadjah Mada, Haida, Sims, Leningrad, Z-39, Maass, Sharnhorst, Atlanta, Boise, Saipan

T8: Kidd, Harekaze, Cossack, LoYang, Edinburgh, Massachusetts, Kagero, Cleveland, Ognevoi, Richelieu, Tirpitz, Atago

T9: Fletcher, Black, Yugumo, Kitakaze, Jutland, Chung Mu, Missouri, Neptune, Z-46

T10: Shimakaze, Gearing, Harugumo, Daring, Z-52, Yueyang, Grozovoi, Minotaur, Salem, Worcrester, Des Moines, Henri IV

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,436 battles

T1-4 - nothing

5 - Furutaka

6 - New Mexico, Leander, Bayern, Farragut, Fubuki, Pensacola (not sure why...)

7 - Fiji, Lyon, New Orleans, Myoko

8 - Edinburgh, Akizuki, Baltimore, Mogami, Amagi

9 - Neptune, Kitakaze, Ibuki

10 - I will keep all that I unlock.

(I have premiums for T2-T9, not sold any to date, although have thought about doing so for the Cambeltown).

[NWP]
Players
6,812 posts
7,602 battles

Maybe some more of a general guideline:

- The more expensive a ship is, the more likely you should keep it (hightier ships) because f.e. right now we got the snowflake event where you get Coal/Steel for just playing with your ships. More ships = more Coal/Steel.

- If i have a permacamo for a ship, i keep it

- If you have free portslots and dont need credits you can even keep ships which were less fun to play at that time. Maybe they will get a buff later on or you get better and might enjoy them suddenly.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
1,069 posts
8,775 battles
4 hours ago, rnat said:

Simple answer: depends very heavily on what you like.

Otherwise, a defenitely not complete list of ships, that (i hope) should have fairly broad appeal and are generally considered strong or at least decent.

Ships you can't get without luck or paying actual money are excluded.

I: don't even think about it

II: V-25 - I don't bother

III: St. Louis, Bogatyr, Nassau - I don't bother

IV: Clemson, Shenyang - Totally agree with both

V: Furutaka - I would add Kongo; rebought her last night for a laugh and was having great fun

VI: Budyonny, Fuso - the only silver ships I have at this tier are the recent reward ones (I never played Dallas but I like it) and Pensacola (bought prem camo for it back in the day)

VII: Fiji, Myoko, Helena, Nelson - Just Fiji from this list for me, but I have a million premiums at this tier

VIII: North Carolina, Amagi, Baltimore, Chapayev, Kiev - Another tier at which I have a load of premiums, so I didn't keep any of these as the gold 'versions' (like Bama, Leningrad) are just better

IX: Kitakaze, Fletcher, Iowa - I might rebuy Fletcher one day, but I have Black and Kidd, so my Fletcher love is sated

X: basically everything, that fits your taste

But, as i said above this list is not that useful since 100ppl on the forum will prolly give you between 50 and 95 different lists.

I'd add a ton of other sheeps in there since i like a broad variety of playstyles. Your mileage may differ.

Agree with most of this list - my comments in bold.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,452 posts
9,274 battles

For a person who buys lots of premiums ... only a few.

I have at least 1 premium ship of each class (except CVs), so no need to keep any of the silver ships for any other reason than for collection or personal.

The only silver ships I kept are St.Louis at T3 (only to keep one T3 ship, plus it has that Igor camo), and Clemson at T4 (for obvious reasons).

BTW ... what happened to patches (dog tags)? Did the image quit?

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles

Since all the good answers were given already. 

My answer to your question would be, 

keep all the ships, like i do (because why not :Smile_smile:

Its not the cheapest option (75d per slot, when on discount) 

:Smile_honoring:

Beta Tester
1,629 posts
9,192 battles

Looks at port ... 153 ships ... ??? Holy Moses, how did this happen ? :Smile_hiding:

But seriously, my personal techtree-favourites are

T1/T2: dont bother

T3: Bogatyr with a good cpt. Hilarious

T4: Kuma, Kaiser and Clemson

T5: Königsberg. Detonates by looking at it, but good guns with great range and 6 torps per side. Kongo as BB and Jainwei as DD. Maybe not commonplace but I like it

T6: hard to say ... I say Bayern and Budjonny. My alltime favourites for T6 szenarios. 38cm guns and good secondaries with the BB and that russian stalinium guns with Budjonny. Just the best. Farragut as DD

T7: my most played tier and most ships in harbour. I take Fiji as cruiser (a musthave at T7), GadjahMadah as DD and Lyon as BB (16 big guns is just hilarious)

T8: Benson, Charles Martell and Bismarck are my choices

T9: Fletcher, Roon and Alsace

T10: pure personal preference. Mine is YueYang, Henri and Hindenburg. I only kept 3 out my 10 T10 ships. Dont play TX very much.

Sign in to follow this