Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sayuri_Valintine

Help is it me or just RNG

7 comments in this topic

Players
26 posts
7,603 battles

I've been having this problem in Wow's for a very long time and its comes to a point that i need to know if I am a bad player/bad aim or if RNG  Consitantly messing with me. I feel I'm average Wow's player and i want to get better but i feel my only problem is RNG. Recently I've acquired the Yamato Battleship for the past two weeks and have been playing her regularly. This ship is known to be an accurate ship but for the life of me I'm struggling to land constant hits on targets and not getting the damage from her that others seem to be achieving so easily. I'm struggling to get 1 or 2 shells on target per volley on battleships, with in 15KM Or cruisers that beached, even targets like Montana and enemy Yamato's that give perfect broadsides were i do get a few hits at less then 10KM away i get rewarded with no citadels and punished by getting over half my health taken from me. I don't think its my aim since the resent Halloween event with the 100% accurate N.Cariline ability let me delete full health enemy BB's regularly, I understand during the event that most ships were overpowered but the defining factor there was no RNG Dispersion and I was consistently hit ships and getting citadels . This is not just a problem with Yamato most of my ships suffer badly from RNG. I cant tell if I'm crap as a player or if im constantly unlucky. Im writing this for anyone willing to read and understand my frustration and if anyone is willing to help. If im crap i can learn if im not and it is RNG at least ill have the peace of mine knowing that no matter what i do i will never be able to get better.

Beta Tester
1,136 posts
5,264 battles

If you dont know whether it is RNG or your aim than it is your aiming. I checked your stats and your accuracy is similar to mine. A tad higher actually, but you have played less battles.

While Yamato is the most accurate battleship it is by no means a Zao. Sometimes you get unlucky and you don’t hit the ship, or you miss the citadel. crap happens.

Overpens against cruisers can happen because your shells don’t arm, in that case you need to hit a thicker part of their armour, so when the cruiser is angled more or their belt. 

Players
26 posts
7,603 battles

feel like i was miss understood ... when i say i cant tell if its me or RNG i mean my shells spread so much that i cant tell if it was aiming right in the first place and for the beached cruiser reference its not over-pens that are the problem its the not being able to hit him ... i aim at the stationery target and no shell will land on it ... this wouldn't be as much of an issue if it was once in a while but no this is a constant game after game thing.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles

Probably combination of both.

Also losing half of your HP in a single hit when you are in a Yamato = stop giving people your broadside :fish_palm:

Meanwhile problems with hitting beached / beaching ships are a well known "problem" due to how WGs built-in "aimassist" works.

Players
26 posts
7,603 battles

ye i am normally very careful showing side but in that situation the montana was already half dead and i expected to finish her before she reloaded  ... again she was full broadside and less then 10KM and no citadels .. it was just one of those things were something that looks like a sure thing backfires  

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
41 minutes ago, Sayuri_Valintine said:

ye i am normally very careful showing side but in that situation the montana was already half dead and i expected to finish her before she reloaded  ... again she was full broadside and less then 10KM and no citadels .. it was just one of those things were something that looks like a sure thing backfires  

Montanas citadel is quite low, and Yamatos shell arcs are very flat. It's not hard for you to aim tiniest bit too high so your shells end up going over the citadel instead of in it.

[_DRM_]
Players
2 posts

I am by no means a "pro" player, more like a "knowledgeable casual" I guess, but I think the more experienced Captains here might be able to answer their question, if you provided them with some examples of missed shots.

Maybe upload a few replays with good "Why didn´t I delete him" situations?

Sign in to follow this