You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
10ThousandThings

Faildivs or MM anchoring?

31 comments in this topic

Players
547 posts
2,020 battles
On 1/14/2019 at 4:05 AM, EdiJo said:

Hmm. Any pics or the replay file header? I don't think it is possibru to be -3 without divisioning :cap_yes:

Sadly I don't seem to have made any screenshots, and didn't have replays enabled at the time (was too lazy to bother before they were automatic). It was, IIRC, in the first couple of weeks after the mirrored MM patch, so I assume it was a quirk of how that was I initially implemented – i.e. a faildiv with a T4 CV got uptiered, and MM decided it needed to mirror it with a solo player. Mercifully it seems to have stopped doing that now.

[JRM]
Players
3,690 posts
19,846 battles

Well even if you take a t7 say lolanta in a t8 cv div for instance you should basically prevent t10 mm, i mean i know that in theory you coud be pulled in a t10 if there is a similar div to match you but in reallity your t8 m8s will most likely be top tier since t7 can see the max of t9 and they seem to be comparably few of those to go around you will probabbly end up in a t6-t8 or t7-t9 but with a few t9s

[ONE2]
Players
2,991 posts
18,366 battles
On 1/13/2019 at 9:28 PM, 10ThousandThings said:

Okay, confirmed what I suspected then: just coincidence :Smile_honoring:

Yupp, tested this with my bro (who is a total noob) with a tier 1&2 div... Ended up in Tier 3 game just as always before. No worries. :cap_tea:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,955 battles
47 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Yupp, tested this with my bro (who is a total noob) with a tier 1&2 div... Ended up in Tier 3 game just as always before. No worries. :cap_tea:

You have a screenshot of the MM? If no you can still get it from the Replay. Please do post it here

[ONE2]
Players
2,991 posts
18,366 battles
8 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You have a screenshot of the MM? If no you can still get it from the Replay. Please do post it here

I can check, not sure if I do though, since I recently purged the replays folder (not sure if it was before or after this game) due to overcrowding of 1000+ replays but in any case we had 2 Tier 1's accompanying Mikasa and ended up in a tier 3 game just as always. But I will check, once I get back home. :Smile_Default:

And yeah, before anyone says anything further. Yupp, it WAS as bad idea as ever - We got blapped and the team lost... :Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
547 posts
2,020 battles
44 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

I can check, not sure if I do though, since I recently purged the replays folder (not sure if it was before or after this game) due to overcrowding of 1000+ replays but in any case we had 2 Tier 1's accompanying Mikasa and ended up in a tier 3 game just as always. But I will check, once I get back home. :Smile_Default:

And yeah, before anyone says anything further. Yupp, it WAS as bad idea as ever - We got blapped and the team lost... :Smile_veryhappy:

Yep, it would seem that faildivs are probably a bad idea no matter what – I still don't get why the possibility exists. At the same time, using Mikasa might not be the optimal way of observing how MM usually works, due to the rather scarce supply of T2 BBs to mirror it...

Also, it's been a long time since I played them, but IIRC T1s only ever see T1s in solo MM? Which might make a faildiv including T1s a fairly unique case...

But yeah, it would be interesting to see the MM screens if available to see whether they can confirm, counter or nuance those thoughts :Smile_honoring: