Find "replays" folder

Open replay files with "worldofwarships.exe"

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,548 posts
7,017 battles
2 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyMuffinCat said:

where is worldofwarships.exe?

Inside your game folder. Where you installed the game.

Default is "C:\Games\World_of_Warships" I believe

[W-C]
2,548 posts
7,017 battles
3 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyMuffinCat said:

I found worldofwarships.exe, and I clicked on the replay and clicked 'open with worldofwarships.exe' and then I tried to open the replay but nothing happened :(

Make sure wows isn't already running

[W-C]
2,548 posts
7,017 battles

That I can't really help you with. Have you perhaps installed the game somewhere else first and then copied it somewhere else? Because for me, this error only happened then and was solved by reinstalling.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,914 battles
56 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnlyMuffinCat said:

untitled.png

0.7.12 is the latest WoWs version, but what I'm seeing in your screenshot is 0.7.11.1 ... have you perhaps tried to load an older replay? Those sadly don't work, replay version has to match game version otherwise it won't work or flat-out crash.

• Cool 1

Players
43 posts
7,643 battles

Hello

I got a question regarding replays- is there a way to watch replay from different perspective, rotate camera or "fly around" and speed it up, not watch in real time?

[QTANG]
Players
1,171 posts
18,698 battles

Dunno if it works in replays but the only thing that could help is the free camera command:

Ctrl + Shift + Backspace

You might have to left-click once to unlock the camera from the recorded direction before using it though.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
3,498 posts
14 minutes ago, Viravandrel said:

Hello

I got a question regarding replays- is there a way to watch replay from different perspective, rotate camera or "fly around" and speed it up, not watch in real time?

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/105360-official-replay-tool-shortcuts/?do=findComment&comment=2611764

On 8/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, Johmie said:

Shortcut keys I found listed were:

'Insert' & 'Delete' for playing speed control
'End' for pause (which is actually x100 slower speed)
'Home' for normal speed
'LMB' for toggling camera direction between free & recorded
'>' & '<' for fast-forward & rewind (can be used together with 'Ctrl')

Ctrl+RShift+Backspace to unlock the pov to freecam 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
3 hours ago, Viravandrel said:

Hello

3 hours ago, rnat said:

Ctrl + Shift + Backspace

Freecam is the way to go, yeah, but it has its own set of controls:

Note: you always need to be at least 1 tick above stopped (End) replay (so End + 1x Insert) to be able to move

Arrow keys for moving

1, 2 and 3 (above your letter keys, not the numpad) change your cameras movement speed, drift and "single touch jump distance"

Numpad 7 & Numpad 9 are for up and down movement

Numpad 4 & Numpad 6 let you to turn camera left and right (same can be done with mouse, but this tends to be more accurrate)

Numpad 8 & Numpad.... I think it was 2 (maybe 5?) for camera up and down (again, can be done with mouse, but...)

Mouse wheel to do a dramatic Hollywood zoom in / out

B lets you to lock onto whatever you are looking at (center of your screen, that "aiming point"). This way you can follow pretty much anything as long as it's spotted

Note: If you want to look at things directly from above camera may bug out and start spinning uncontrollably

Here's an example of this in work made through replays:

Spoiler

And here's one how you can use it to spectate your divmates post-death while using the same in an actual game:

Spoiler

shot-18.12.26_13.21.03-0733.jpg

shot-18.12.26_13.21.12-0084.jpg

3 hours ago, Egoleter said:
On 8/30/2018 at 10:30 PM, Johmie said:

'>' & '<' for fast-forward & rewind (can be used together with 'Ctrl')

Quick note - while ">" for jumping forwards can be used slowly (you have to let the game load after each jump), using "<" will instantly crash your UI without ever performing the jump backwards. If you missed the spot, you need to re-start the whole replay

Few more points:

• If you go above x4 speed replay stops tracking your turret directions & things like that till you go back to x4 or slower, and it will take it "realistic" time to turn them back to where they should be. This may result in cases like guns pointing to port, but shells flying away to starboard, which many less educated players call "hax" in the compilation videos. Might be the same "problem" if you enter the Freecam aswell, don't remember that part
  • Afaik you holding your RMB is not recorded to it's full extent, as in if you hold RMB and look around in game your guns will stay locked on the direction, while in replay they may follow you camera movements again causing "magic shots to where you were not aiming"
  • Not all bugs are present in replays like they were in live game. Ever seen the one where one of your turrets randomly does a 360 turn through your superstructure? If you check the replay the guns never moves in it, at least not in any cases I saw
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
110 posts
5,615 battles

Is it safe to send a replay to another player i.e can they get any info from it.

When I load it from my side any of my info is blanked out but what about from thier end ?

Cheers

[W-C]
2,548 posts
7,017 battles
10 hours ago, OddityNZ said:

Is it safe to send a replay to another player i.e can they get any info from it.

When I load it from my side any of my info is blanked out but what about from thier end ?

Cheers

What info?

[QTANG]
Players
1,171 posts
18,698 battles
38 minutes ago, OddityNZ said:

email addy and pw from the login screen

It's perfectly safe in that regard. The login-screen is the thing the game defaults to when starting up before it loads up the replay, so at most he'd see his own login credentials.