You_Overextended

[-SOG-] Sons of Glory, Recruiting Comrades for a Tight-Knit Community

9 comments in this topic

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

Alright, folks... Here's the deal:

- English is the communication language of the clan. It also happens to be my native language. If anyone wants to speak with me personally in Romanian, German, or Hebrew, I can reply in either. I'm an American southerner living in Romania, hence why I wound up in the EU forums and server. I welcome any jokes about that, especially anything involving burgers, my country's startling obesity rate, or our over-the-top-sometimes patriotism.

- The primary mode of communication is through Discord. As of February 20th, 2019, we no longer recruit clan members who do not use Discord, since it is crucial for communication, coordination, divisioning through voice chat, and social cohesion.

- You are expected to be sociable and active. This doesn't mean you have to give up on your social life and other things. I travel a lot, have two businesses, a wife, and two cats. It's understandable to take some time off. However, don't check out for a whole month (for example) unless you have a good reason to and have communicated it clearly.

- Excessively rude behavior with teammates isn't tolerated, but constructive criticism is a plus and seen as a benefit to the cohesion of the group.

- By joining you agree that you are over 16 years of age and you're ready to use words that your mother wouldn't approve of. A word of warning: The head honcho (yours truly) is just shy of 31 years old at the time this is written, so the age gap may be apparent to younger players. Just don't be surprised when I squint at the use of the word "yeet" or things like that.

- We generally want people who have at least 500 or so battles under their belt, if not more. People with T8-10 tech tree ships are very valued, but we don't scoff at people who have smaller-tier vessels.

- We keep a rotating roster, so if you are inactive for more than 30 days without a damn good reason, we will exclude you from the clan but keep you on Discord to div with us when you'd like. It's only fair for more active entrants to have a constantly active clan. If a spot opens up and you're ready to rejoin SOG, we are more than happy to have you back. There is nothing personal about this.

Here's the selling point: SOG is a clan that values social cooperation and mutual growth. We aren't looking for incredible winrate stats (although those are nice). Instead, we want to build a community of like-minded people who value advancement in tactical knowledge, the exchange of ideas, self-improvement, and social bonding with other teammates. We would like to be able to participate in clan battles, but that's not absolutely necessary all the time.

Think of it as a clubhouse where we all help each other "git gud" with the help of our more veteran members who have stood the trial of battle and come out on top. If you think that this is the right place for you, go ahead and let us know either by replying on this forum or joining our Discord server (using your nickname in WOWS, please), by contacting me personally, calling my office (though that would be a little creepy), or sending your application directly to SOG (which will take a maximum of 24 hours -- usually -- to review).

You do not have to join our clan to be a part of the fun. If you just want the community vibe but still want to keep the benefits of bigger, more prestigious, and cooler clans, just join us on Discord and we can div together.

Our Discord server address is https://discord.gg/sGxFAXc

Benefits now include:

• -5% to cost of post-battle service for all ships
  • -10% cost of all researchable ships
  • +2% XP per battle, Tier I - VIII
  • +10% Free XP per battle, all tiers
  • +4% commander XP

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

13 members, going strong, and we just shot little ships with our cannons in a very fun run of battles in a division. Join up and savor the fun! The clan is growing and I want you all to be a part of it.

Benefits now include:

• -5% to cost of post-battle service for Tier I - VI
  • -10% cost of researchable ships, Tier I - VI
  • +2% XP per battle, Tier I - VI
  • +10% Free XP per battle, Tier I - VI
  • +2% commander XP

More coming!

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

Our roster is almost half full. And now our +2% XP per battle applies to ships up to Tier VIII. Our next focus will be on applying Free XP benefits to the same tier range of ships. 

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

New benefit: +4% captain XP per battle on all ships. We're 16 members strong and still recruiting! Our community has regular divisionmates now! Even if you do not want to join the clan, you're more than welcome to join our Discord server and div with us anytime!

https://discord.gg/sGxFAXc

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

Two people just left their clan to join ours. But you don't even have to join our clan to be part of the fun! Just join us on Discord and div with us!

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

New facilities. Our Shipbuilding Yard has expanded and now offers 10% discount to the cost of researchable ships up to Tier VIII. A week or two from now, that will extend to Tier X! Join the fun and build a clan together with people who want a sense of community!

Remember, you don't have to be a clan member to join our Discord community, if all you want is to form divisions with decent folks.

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

New benefits for clan members! We now have:

• -5% to cost of post-battle service for all ships
  • +2% XP per battle, Tier I - VIII
  • +10% Free XP per battle, Tier I - VIII
  • +4% commander XP

Things are growing rather quickly and we have a solid, albeit still small, community. If you like voice chat divisions with pretty solid players, join our Discord server!

Our recruitment efforts are back on all cylinders, too, so there are many spots for people eager to be part of a growing clan!

Players
330 posts
8,830 battles

Just wanted to let you all know that we're now participating in Naval Battles. Our community is getting stronger by the day and we'd love to have you! However, our requirements have now changed to reflect the size of our clan and emphasize the social side of it. Discord participation is now mandatory for new recruits, and all new recruits must have at least 500 battles under their belt.

We are also looking for competitive people to join us in future clan battles and build up a competitive layer to the clan. Players with T8-10 ships are very valuable for this. However, we continue to desire players who are growing and honing their skills, so we are reluctant to limit ourselves only to competitive folks at this point. A growing clan needs growing players who would like to participate in our "academy" and one day join our high-tier battles. Join our Discord today and find out more!

New benefits for joining the clan:

• -5% post battle service for all ships
  • +2% XP per battle for T1-8
  • +10% to free XP for all ships
  • +4% commander XP per battle

Our next agenda is expanding our research center so the extra XP comes for all ships, not just up to T8.